BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

6 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Well if you'd have told me Birmingham v Rovers would see Mowbray and Eustace going head to head at the start of the season - I would have been very confused. And a little scared.

Hang on…. When did Mowbray go Birmingham? Thought he went Sunderland?

Just now, ScorpioRover said:

Bloody hell Rooney is at Sunderland 😂🤣😂 that's funny as fuck!

Mowbray was sacked at Sunderland. Rooney was sacked at Birmingham, Mowbray replaced him! Michael Beale is at Sunderland at the moment, I believe 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

He'll be another that gets moved on for a few hundred grand and the brainwashed will hail it as a roaring success taking a punt on a free and getting money for him.

Totally ignoring the obvious wages/agents fees and costs involved also the rather more concerning fact he's been taking up a valuable squad place and contributing nothing.

Hopefully they'll fix him a loan iv'e a feeling he could drop a level or two and start banging them in.  Then he might create a bit of value worth the desperate punt.

Brainwashed?

Lovely. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nbdrovers said:

Mowbray was sacked at Sunderland. Rooney was sacked at Birmingham, Mowbray replaced him! Michael Beale is at Sunderland at the moment, I believe 

Ah right I see it now haha I read the original message wrong 🤦

It's been a busy month for me lol 

• Like 2

Banana skin for all the obvious reasons. Let's not delude ourselves into thinking all is well behind the scenes just because we won one home game at a relative canter. Remember the nucleus of this side has form for spectacular capitulation at lower ranked away venues. We will just have to hope for a bit more new manager bounce, and for some steel to have been injected through the arrival of the indestructible McFadzean barking orders and biting legs at the back line. 

If we make ourselves hard to score against, we have the quality to score goals against most at this level. Big Club won't allow us to rock up and piss on their chips and the Gurning Chump will not want Benson and Co laughing all the way back up the M6.

Heart: Big Club 1 Big Blue & White Hearts 3

Head Big Club 1 Rovers 1

Hell in a handcart : Big Club 3 Blue & White headless chicken brigade 0

COYB!!

& VENKY-RAO-DESAI-SHADOWSNAKES OUT!!

Edited by Old Codger
The Expert. Wild Irish Rover. WIR Revisited & Shirley Crabtree Wrestler. All me. All big fat round and too fat to give a shite anymore.

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brainwashed?

Lovely. 

Well i was more referring to out in social media land where it was made to sound like some wheeler dealer masterstroke which is utter bunkem.

Getting out of jail from a rotten signing is one thing but passing it off as a harmless bit of business is another so lets hope it's not a new policy. The fact he was fit enough to play a game for Stoke and score makes it look even more suspicious to me, it stinks but that's my opinion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScorpioRover said:

I've looked at the stats for this Eustace guy at Birmingham 😂🤣 they are well shit. More loses than wins 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Mods do your stuff there's another one loose in the building.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

He'll be another that gets moved on for a few hundred grand and the brainwashed will hail it as a roaring success taking a punt on a free and getting money for him.

Totally ignoring the obvious wages/agents fees and costs involved also the rather more concerning fact he's been taking up a valuable squad place and contributing nothing.

Hopefully they'll fix him a loan iv'e a feeling he could drop a level or two and start banging them in.  Then he might create a bit of value worth the desperate punt.

He wasn't actually free. Sounded like it was a nominal fee though (I assume something like 50-100k). Wages, agent fees etc probably aren't a big deal with this one though, he's probably on in the region of 2k a week, so when you add everything up I suspect anything above 300k in the summer would be a profit. He'll need to notch some goals by then to fetch that though, he doesn't have a prior record as good as Ennis.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ScorpioRover said:

I've looked at the stats for this Eustace guy at Birmingham 😂🤣 they are well shit. More loses than wins 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

He took over a mess of a Birmingham side and achieved their highest points tally since 2016, so the context is important. When they sacked him, he had them in 6th place after 11 games. They replaced him with Rooney and finished the season in 20th.

That said, I'm not particularly enthused by his record either. He's still something of an unknown entity in truth. All that matters though is what he does going forward at Rovers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He wasn't actually free. Sounded like it was a nominal fee though (I assume something like 50-100k). Wages, agent fees etc probably aren't a big deal with this one though, he's probably on in the region of 2k a week, so when you add everything up I suspect anything above 300k in the summer would be a profit. He'll need to notch some goals by then to fetch that though, he doesn't have a prior record as good as Ennis.

Telalovic shares the same agent as JDT, wouldn’t be surprised if he tries his best to get him moved on at the first available opportunity.

• Like 2

I don't think Telelovic is nearly as bad as some make out.

He will never be a star, but he could develop into a decent squad player. If he does, then he will have been a success when you consider the costs involved.

• Like 1