BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Afraid not mate. SSN did a short piece on us with a reporter at Brockhall, said they'd come back to us for coverage of the presser at 1430, then nothing!

I gave up waiting at about 1515. 

Can't seem to find any links either although I don't do twitter so no idea if anythings emerged on there.

Cheers..I don't use twitter either so always hopeful someone finds and shares the link. It's changed a lot recently and now I cant event search on it like I used to be able to without having an account. But annoying! Hopefully the LT article covered most of what he said. Big game tomorrow, hope he gets one over on the brum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Anyone know what the parking is like around there ?

Not driven to this one in a while but i'll be arriving down there a few hours before the game.

Yeh it's actually not bad and free street parking on all the roads near by. The stadium is in a rough area but there is plenty of street parking near the supermarket (? Morrisons) near by. Also a really friendly away fans pub near the supermarket.

Edited by NeilInBristol
Typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not driven to this one in a while but i'll be arriving down there a few hours before the game.

2 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

Yeh it's actually not bad and free. The stadium is in a rough area but there is plenty of parking near the supermarket (? Morrisons) near by. Also a really friendly away fans pub near the supermarket.

Here circled

IMG_20240212_222250.jpg

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Recall the game there last season when due to M6 south closing  I was one of 200 Rovers fans that  arrived 25 mins late. Big club knew about it before kickoff and said they would keep turnstyles open for the late arrival of away fans. They didn't and at 355pm I was driving home.

At the time I asked a big club security officer he he could open the gate and walk us round. No was the reply. On my way back to the car I gave my story to a big club car park attendent. His advise was to contact/write to the Birmingham City Council mayor, a big club fan, and ask him for a refund. I didn't.

Hearing big club are saying tickets (cash only) are available on the night. Would I trust in their word??

Oh mate I remember that. We had a good away fan turn out but we missed you lot. There was a lot of chat about that at the game before kick off and the chaps at the turnstiles said they would keep it open because they knew( everyone knew as it was a big deal on that day) scumbags though.

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

It is a risk I agree. I'll make sure I get there in plenty of time

West Brom in the recent away match had a notice saying they would shut access to the away stand 15 minutes before kickoff. Seems very draconian to me

It's worth getting there early as there is a good away friendly pub near the stadium a few mins walk away. 

Enjoy the game lads. Hopefully a good turnout and a good win!!!

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Follow the dual carriageway to the road that takes you up to St Andrews and go right around the big roundabout so you are heading back where you came from. Once on the dual carriageway turn a left down any of the side roads. There are lots of business premises with plenty of street parking particularly after 6 pm. The benefit of this is that you are facing the right way to get back to the A38 and M6. It's a ten minute walk from there to the ground.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Looks like tickets are now on sale towards the end blocks… they certainly weren’t close to them a few days ago!

Got tickets in block Q yesterday afternoon. 

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Follow the dual carriageway to the road that takes you up to St Andrews and go right around the big roundabout so you are heading back where you came from. Once on the dual carriageway turn a left down any of the side roads. There are lots of business premises with plenty of street parking particularly after 6 pm. The benefit of this is that you are facing the right way to get back to the A38 and M6. It's a ten minute walk from there to the ground.

Great info, thanks 👍

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Can't imagine we will change it up too much from Saturday. 

I'd expect the same lineup, assuming McFadzean is up to another game in quick succession, same goes for Hedges as well.

That's the concern for me. Neither have played in a long time and Hedges is coming back after a long hamstring injury. I'd be tempted to use hedges off the bench. Start the villa lad at wing back and bring scotty Wharton back in his favoured lcb role.

Tough game this one. Win and we have good breathing space; lose and things get nervy again. 

I think we may get a result with our better players now back and our more direct style of play. 

Overall, much more confident we will stay up now that we have Eustace in charge. 

2 hours ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Only worry with bringing Scott W back in would be that Hyam, McFadz and Wharton would be the slowest centre back trio on record. They'd have to run 100 metres in instalments.

Not sure that's totally fair. Last Saturday our midfield allowed Armstrong to rampage through 4 or 5 times in the 1st half alone. I thought Hyam and McFadz had little trouble .

20 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Only 700 ish going down i thought there'd be a few more but it is what it is the away form has been appalling so no wonder a few are giving it a miss.

Poor that.

With pay on the day available I’d imagine a couple hundred will rock up so roughly 900-1000 there.