BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 13/02/2024 19:45 KO

14 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

JDT had us playing at pace, 1 or 2 touch.

This is awful. Very slow. Poor passing. No ideas. Gally not touched it. Hedges crap. Relegation playing this way.

Eeeeeeeh have you got amnesia??

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A lot of you were deriding JDT's style of football - "love playing more direct, it plays to our strengths".

Gallagher hasn't won a header tonight. 

Our situation certainly wasn’t all on JDT, but equally it isn’t suddenly all on Eustace.

We look like a struggling side, which, bar one result against an awful Stoke side, is exactly what we are.

It’s simply about cobbling enough points for survival.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Thank you .

From some of the posts on here you’d be forgiven for thinking we were flying prior to Eustace’s arrival.

From some of the posts this week you’d think the squad was fine, JDT was shite, and JE is the new Pep-destroying messiah because Gallagher decided to win his annual header.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A lot of you were deriding JDT's style of football - "love playing more direct, it plays to our strengths".

exactly!!! 

we look clue less, no style or identity. we can't string a pass together

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It might not be good on the eye however a point away in a six pointer isn’t too bad a return imo.

3 points is massive but Rovers don’t seem able to produce a bit of quality going forward to open a chance of scoring

Yeh we could really do with a £22 million midfielder to open things up...

I wouldn't laud that point yet, we look more likely to leave with 0 at the moment. I'd have taken a point before the game.

• Like 1

Goes without saying that a big improvement is needed in the second half.

I though we actually started pretty well, getting the ball forward quickly, even taking quick throw ins to keep the momentum going. We got worse as the half went on and looked to starting putting it back together towards the end.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Our situation certainly wasn’t all on JDT, but equally it isn’t suddenly all on Eustace.

We look like a struggling side, which, bar one result against an awful Stoke side, is exactly what we are.

It’s simply about cobbling enough points for survival.

Agree with that bit.  Stoke were absolutely wretched that first half.  

This is a fairer reflection of what our squad can/mainly can't do. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SBlue said:

From some of the posts this week you’d think the squad was fine, JDT was shite, and JE is the new Pep-destroying messiah because Gallagher decided to win his annual header.

You won’t find any from me  but, blimey, let’s be reasonable.

Just now, NeilInBristol said:

half glass full. fair enough

Can be a half empty type man too but given the circumstances I'll try and stay positive. Happy to see lads clearing their lines and keeper going long. Start with the basics after a horror run. There is a balance to be struck but can't do it all at once. But more composure up top is needed. Been very poor so far in the final third.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Chrisene has been very poor down the left.

Id take a draw now.

Kinda makes you miss Pickering. For all his faults he’s mostly steady. Much like Pears.

And a 0-0 draw would be a good result. A 1-0 a bloody miracle!

Just now, BigBar said:

Can be a half empty type man too but given the circumstances I'll try and stay positive. Happy to see lads clearing their lines and keeper going long. Start with the basics after a horror run. There is a balance to be struck but can't do it all at once. But more composure up top is needed. Been very poor so far in the final third.

I would say the basics are passing the ball, retaining possession, creating chances and denying chances.

• Like 2

Brittain should keep his mouth shut. 3 potential crosses in promising attacks and he hits the defender each time.

Crisene stuggling. Shame, thought he looked good on Saturday. Not fit enough for 2 games so close?

Tronstad solid. Dolan tidy.

Take a draw now.

• Like 3

"The important thing for me is working with a fantastic group of players.

"All I can effect is what's on the pitch. I want togetherness between the players and the fans. That's what I am interested in, I want a team fully committed"

his words, not mine. 

JDT was calling out the shit show of the owners. 

JE is playing yes man and stating all he can effect is whats on the pitch, well lets see.
so far that was shocking

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He won some important headers in our own box but not a single one against their centre half