SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talkie Walkie by Air is a return to form.

Speakerbox/the love below from Outkast is full of great stuff.

Saw Air live last night at the Brixton Academy.  Very good, but I've got rings around my eyes.  Must have been smoky in there.

Also I prefer the previous album 10,000hz legend to the new one, which is probably a bit unusual.

• 2 weeks later...

just made a tape that i play for my daughter while she's in her crib.

So she is currentley listening to

Guns n Roses:estranged and sweet child of mine.

The Smiths:Asleep,cemetry gates,Sweet and tender hooligan.

Joy division:Atmosphere

Manic street preachers:motorcycle emptiness,this is yesterday.

The Verve:History,Velvet morning.

The Kinks:Waterloo sunset.

The Clash:Train in vain,London calling.

Stone roses:Elephant Stone,Song for my suger spun sister,Tightrope,How do you sleep,Love spreads.

My vitriol:Always you'r way.

Embrace:You'r not alone.

Supper furry animals:Demons,Bass turned to dead.

Well hopefully this will stop her being a scally

Just downloaded Jets album - Get Born which is very good along with The Lost Prophets - Start Something and Snow Patrol - Final Straw all of which are very good albums.

If you like Final Straw, check the other albulms ('Songs for Polar Bears' & 'When it's over we still have to clear up'), because they're just as good (although perhaps not as commercial), if not better.

If you like the quieter Snow Patrol songs, look out for the Reindeer Section albums (there's 2 I think, can't remember the names, though) - it's the main guy from Snowpatrol's side project (with about all the bands in Scotland involved at some point).

just made a tape that i play for my daughter while she's in her crib.

So she is currentley listening to

Guns n Roses:estranged and sweet child of mine.

The Smiths:Asleep,cemetry gates,Sweet and tender hooligan.

Joy division:Atmosphere

Manic street preachers:motorcycle emptiness,this is yesterday.

The Verve:History,Velvet morning.

The Kinks:Waterloo sunset.

The Clash:Train in vain,London calling.

Stone roses:Elephant Stone,Song for my suger spun sister,Tightrope,How do you sleep,Love spreads.

My vitriol:Always you'r way.

Embrace:You'r not alone.

Supper furry animals:Demons,Bass turned to dead.

Well hopefully this will stop her being a scally

- that's some forward thinking Nelsta, chav-prevention from the beginning !!  (and bonus points for the SFA songs).

Looks like the highlights from Swinton Pool Hall jukebox to me !

This week I have been mostly listening to :

Make up the breakdown - hot, hot, heat

Just backwards of square - lowgold

shoplifting - straw

lots and lots and lots of grandaddy

and I'm currently dusting down Fuzzy Logic by SFA - God ! Show me magic  :tu:

Just out of interest where does everyone download their albums for music?

I`m not on broadband and download songs of Kazaa, so the songs take a while to download.

Help?

???

I use Winmx and imesh! But, without broadband it will be slow downloading whatever site you use!!

iMesh by default (even though it is lousy with spyware and adware). WinMX is nowhere near as reliable as it once was due to being hugely oversubscribed, and Kazaa is even worse for spyware than iMesh. Not that I would ever download anything in breach of copyright laws. Not me. Oh no.

<font color='#000000'>WinMX is nowhere near as reliable as it once was due to being hugely oversubscribed</font>

<font color='#F52887'>I wondered why Winmx was not as good anymore, the search doesn't find half as many things as it used to!!!</font>

<font color='#000000'>Just out of interest where does everyone download their albums for music?

I`m not on broadband and download songs of Kazaa, so the songs take a while to download.

Help?

???</font>

<font color='#000000'>SoulSeek. I think it's at slsk.org.....or .tv or something. Definitely not .com. The interface leaves a lot to be desired, but is great for finding rare/'underground' stuff. Or so I hear. :wink.gif:</font>

<font color='#0000FF'>

Just out of interest where does everyone download their albums for music?

Help?

???

SoulSeek. I think it's at slsk.org.....or .tv or something. Definitely not .com. The interface leaves a lot to be desired, but is great for finding rare/'underground' stuff. Or so I hear. :wink.gif:

i tried slsk.org and it was some german thing so dont try it</font>

• 2 weeks later...

<font color='#0000FF'>Anyone bought Franz Ferdinand`s album?

I bought it yesterday, and I can tell that it will be on my cd player for a long time.

'Take me out' is the best song I've heard for a while - the rest of the album's pretty good as well.

Has anyone got the new album by The Stands - 'All Years Leaving' ??

Got it a couple of weeks ago and can't stop listening to it thumbs-up.gif

Edited by percy

Anyone see this Rock and Roll "Hall of Fame" induction they just had? What a load. Traffic? Yeah, they had some good songs, but are they really one of the greatest of all times? Jackson Browne? Not near the influence other singer/songwriters of his time were. George Harrison (for his solo work)? The songs they chose to play of his at the ceremony weren't his solo songs, which shows how powerful that library is. About the only one deserving was Prince. The man is definitely a legend and a huge influence on a lot of modern music.

percy Posted on Mar 25 2004, 05:53 

QUOTE (roversismylife @ Feb 15 2004, 11:02 PM)

<font color='#0000FF'>Anyone bought Franz Ferdinand`s album?

I bought it yesterday, and I can tell that it will be on my cd player for a long time.

'Take me out' is the best song I've heard for a while - the rest of the album's pretty good as well.

Has anyone got the new album by The Stands - 'All Years Leaving' ??

Got it a couple of weeks ago and can't stop listening to it  

Have heard a couple of tracks and do think that they are pretty good. I first heard about them from the God Gallagher and therefore gave them a listen. The album will be purchased in the near future me thinks.

My album of the moment is JET - Get Born. This is quality stuff and for those of you who agree with my musical ramblings will LOVE this thumbs-up.gif

Edited by Cocker

I was very disappointed with the Jet album, I thought it would be more rockier (yes, it's a word now) than it was. At the moment I'm listening to a lot of old stuff like Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Madness. Nice mix eh?

LeChuck Posted on Mar 25 2004, 21:13 

I was very disappointed with the Jet album, I thought it would be more rockier (yes, it's a word now) than it was. At the moment I'm listening to a lot of old stuff like Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Madness. Nice mix eh? 

Aye, I too thought that it would be more 'rockier' but was pleasently surprised when I gave it a propper listen.

If any one actually cares, here are a few other albums that I have been playing quite alot latley (and please let me know what you think):-

Avelanche

Jet (as already said)

Snow Patrol

Darkness

Bush (golden state - not their best album but I like it)

Manics (everything must go)

Placebo (forget what the albums called)

Oasis (Masterplan)

Queen (Greatest Hits II)

Travis (12 Memories)

If anyone is listening to anything similar then please add comments so that I may find something new (like I did with Snow Patrol - who I had never heard of until they popped up on soccer am)

I'm looking forward to the Young Heart Attack album - it's out on Monday and you can order it from Amazon for just 7.99 - bargin! Plus, the new "The Streets" single is top. It's one of those choons that gets stuck in yer head. Video is good too.

Anyone like the band called "Mellow"? I heard a track by them called "Fantastic" and it was .... well, fantastic . Thinking of buying the latest album by them.

Ste ph34r.gif