SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music

American Rover

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tonight, I be mostly listening to Nick Cave's new offerings.

What do you think colin?

So far so good.

One of the things I like about Cave is that, to my ears anyway, some of his songs seem quite ordinary until played for the fifth or sixth time then something marvellous appears.

An aural equivalent of those magic eye pictures that were popular a few years back.

A blast from the past, and probably just a way to make a bit of extra dosh, but the mighty PWEI are reforming to play a series of gigs:

PWEI gig information

Used to love this band, especially "The looks or the lifestyle" album. Bulletproof is an excellent track!

Man, this has just made a crap day a lot better. I'll be there. The Poppies were fantastic !

But DefCon One is better than Bulletproof.

A blast from the past, and probably just a way to make a bit of extra dosh, but the mighty PWEI are reforming to play a series of gigs:

PWEI gig information

Used to love this band, especially "The looks or the lifestyle" album. Bulletproof is an excellent track!

Man, this has just made a crap day a lot better. I'll be there. The Poppies were fantastic !

Yep, lots of good PWEI tracks. I think I'll be listening to the "Cure of Sanity" tonight for the first time in ages. The intro to that album and the track "Dance of the Mad B@St@rds" are great!

Last couple of days it's ben Kasabian by Kasabian and Antics by Interpol. Two cracking albums.

Not got Interpol's yet but the Kasabian one is excellent. I recommend Razorlight's offering as well.

At the risk of being accused of being dull, I'm really starting to like Keane as well.

Last couple of days it's ben Kasabian by Kasabian and Antics by Interpol. Two cracking albums.

Not got Interpol's yet but the Kasabian one is excellent.

Got the Kasabian, Modest Mouse and Interpol albums recently, they're all superb. Was the Interpol 1st album any good, Scotty?

Bought 'SMiLE' by Brian Wilson tonight, can't wait to listen to it....!

PWEI gig information

Yep, lots of good PWEI tracks. I think I'll be listening to the "Cure of Sanity" tonight for the first time in ages. The intro to that album and the track "Dance of the Mad B@St@rds" are great!

PWEI were a much under-rated band at the time, Wise Up Suckers in particular is a great album (Cicciolina, Wake Up Time To Die, Def Con One, etc.) A little jaunt to London may be in the offing for me too.

At the moment I am catching up on albums I have missed over the last couple of years; just bought "Now & Them" by Freeland, which is excellant, and "Signals" by Silencer on the basis of "Rollin 'N' Controllin".

Edited by Morph

Got the Kasabian, Modest Mouse and Interpol albums recently, they're all superb. Was the Interpol 1st album any good, Scotty?

I know you werent asking me but Interpol's first album was superb would defo recommend that you get it! Have ordered the new one just waiting for it to arrive along with Ian Browns latest.

Love Kasabian's album, and the Music's new one.

Edited by damo gally

I know you werent asking me but Interpol's first album was superb would defo recommend that you get it! Have ordered the new one just waiting for it to arrive along with Ian Browns latest.

Love Kasabian's album, and the Music's new one.

Cheers Damo Gally thumbs-up.gif , I've already got a ticket to see Interpol in Manchester in December - looks like a copy of the 1st album is on the cards as well....

Anyone heard the latest albums by The Radio Dept, The Black Keys, Micah P Hinson, Oceansize or Ed Hardcourt yet? I'm off to Vinyl Exchange on Saturday and these are all on my list so far....

Just got the "Society's Victims" boxset by Discharge. 3 CDs, with all their early stuff on (like the excellent WHY 12" and the "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing" album on - it's also go the w@nky metal stuff they did, but hte less said about that the better!). Top stuff! Still can't beat songs like "Aint's no feeble b@ts@rd", "Decontrol" and "State violence, state control" played REALLY loud. Love it!

Off ot watch the Delgados tonight at Sheppards Bush Empire. Brilliant band and brilliant new album - "Universal Audio". A very much under-rated band (IMO - of course!).

Ste