BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Totally Outclassed

T4E

......made the difference when he came on last night: always said we should have signed him.

Fantastic Rovers fans last night....the Celtic supporters around me were silent most of the game because we played so well and were reduced to taunting us with shouts of "Argentina"!!!

Pathetic.

Man for man Celtic aren't in the same class as us, though they did defend well. Were we too elaborate? Possibly, but it was great to watch. Even the more intelligent Celtic fans I was talking to in the pub afterwards acknowledged that.

Can we win the second leg. Yes we can....3-0 if we play like we did last night, but I can't believe Celtic will play so badly again and O'Neill will have wised up to Rovers's tactics.

Warning: all the Celtic fans I spoke to are coming down to Blackburn and none of them have tickets. Lock up your daughters!!!

It's gonna be a tricky second game against Celtic.  We'll have to make sure that they don't score a goal.  If they do manage to score one goal then we *have* to score three for us to win.  Hopefully, we'll play as good as we did last night.  It was a great game from a performance POV, disappointing from the result POV.  

Ste :-)

Cheers Pete for your honest and well imformed comments. It makes a change.

As well as we played last night the second leg will be far from a walkover. Celtic can't possbily be as bad and we have an awful record at home in the Uefa.

Any kind of draw or single goal victory isn't going to get us through either.

Having said that, forward players like Duff, Cole and Jansen are not match fit. When they are we should have more penetration and have our potential as an attacking force realised.

On a positive note, the quality difference IS there. I don't expect Celtic to be as bad but we have shown we're the superior team so the players just have to go out there and demonstrate that.

In the end I'll be disappointed it we don't go through but if they score once we have to get three. For all our quality going forward, we've only done that twice so far.

i know right now - I WOULD SETTLE FOR THE SAME PERFORMANCE AT EWOOD IF WE ALSO WON THAT 1-0!!!!!

CELTIC 2 BR 0 - got a ring to it ain't it!!!!!!!!

And if BR are so good why are Celtic the Bookies fav's before and after last nights game???????!!!!!?????

I was very disappointed with the scoreline last night but not with the performance. For large majorities of the game, Rovers dominated the game but as good as our football was we need to shoot more.

We showed that Celtic are nothing more than an average team. Dont think many people except Rovers fans expected us to play as well as we did at Celtic Park.

The second leg will be different. When Duff, Cole and Jansen should be fully fit and Rovers will play  a little more direct. It should be a good game at Ewood and I still fancy Rovers to go through.

comments from so called pundits annoyed me last night, saying that celtic defended well and eventually got their victory. now excuse me if i'm wrong but didnt we do that against arsenal and got no creidt, it was how well the arse played and all the chances they had, which is how e played last night with little credit

doesn't Ewood only hold something in the region of 25000. it will be like another home game for Celts.

p.s sorry cant resist it but Tuguy!!! ha ha. if our players are Premiership rejects, he is worse. A Rangers reject(oh the shame...ousted by the likes of Fernando Rickson)

Anyway. im off to bed but i'll look in over the next few weeks. have enjoyed your banter

No actually it holds 31,000. Obviously you have grown used to playing mickey mouse teams in your behemoth of a stadium. We outplayed Celtic for the entire game although admittedly you did the important thing and won. We won't be so wasteful at home and you can only dream of having an attacking ensemble like Cole, Jansen and Yorke to support the one man show that is Henrik Larsson. And as for your comments about Tugay; don't be stupid. He single handedly dominated your entire midfield; Rangers reject? He's slightly better than that.

And as for your comments about Tugay, don't be stupid. He single handedly dominated your entire midfield; Rangers reject? He's slightly better than that.

Im afraid he is a Rangers Reject as he couldnt get a game for them - thank god is all I can say as your right he did dominate our midfield, but that wasnt hard.  Ive argued all season that Lennon is past it and far too slow - even I couldve dominated against him.  Fair play though he did run the show and will get the credit it for it.  Dont foll yourself into thinking hes a worldbeater though just because he could outrun a 31 year old overweight and past it midfielder.  

The 2nd leg will be a totally different game.  Dont judge Celtic on one totally inept performance as we will be better in the 2nd leg - after all we couldnt be any worse and at the end of the day we still won.

Same old story from Celtic fans of we will play better in the next game, thats what I heard last time.

For the record Celtic didn't play badly, we didn't allow them to play.

As for Rovers, same old story infront of goal, we must take our chances, the tie could have been over by halftime.

I was abit disappointed with the atmosphere, sure it was loud when they scored, but other than that it was pretty quite, also after all I have heard and read about Souness's return, it was abit of a anticlimax, I am sure GS can cope with afew 14 year olds booing whenb he gets of the team bus.

Thought Cole was rubbish last night, never should have come on, the rest of the team felt they had to give him the ball and it ruined our good build up play. When he did get it he couldn't make anything of the possession because he was a good yard of the pace. Yorke had a great game though.

What I feared would happen did, celtic sat back and ours forwards were incapable of working an opening.

Well.....having briefly read the first few comments on this thread, I have to reply before I get to read them all.

Tugay.....what the hell are you all about! Your first message......what a pile of pysh!

First of all, the way I saw the game.......Blackburn were excellent.....passed the ball very well and controlled the midfield in the first half. We were lucky to be still 0-0 at half time. 2nd half much the same at the start then Celtic slowly began getting into the game. 2nd half was about 50/50 in the end. I think Blackburn deserved at least a draw and we are lucky you didn't score.

However.....I have a warning for you.....we were absolutely shocking!! We couldn't do the basic things like control the ball, hold possession and pass. The warning is....that I cannot see us being that bad again.

Before the game, many people said this game will NOT answer whether Celtic are good enough for the premiership etc. but we have Tugay **** on here spouting all sorts of rubbish...along with some others classing Celtic as 'division 2' etc. on the basis of one very, very bad game. Well, let's hope the Rovers players have the same attitude....then we may give you a little surprise at Ewood.

At the end of the day.......you had an excellent performance.....we were terrible.....and we still won 1-0. Roll on the 2nd leg.

It's quite simple really, the outcome of this tie depends on two things.

1) Whether Celtics midfield wake up out of their doze of last night and play the way they do in the Scottish League

2) Whether Mr. Souness takes our strikers aside and gives 'em a good rollocking until they learn that it's their job to hit the ball in the general direction of the goal as often as they get opportunities!!

We have the creativity, and the passing ability, but we need someone to take responsability and start putting the ball in the back of the net more often! Get well soon(er) Matty!

i just have to ask do you lot really think you will score three or four againt us in blackburn, not a chance we were poor at times last night, but your foward line is pish we could have played all night and you wouldn't have scored, and i can definately see us scoring against you lot down there!!

and lets see what the atmosphere is like down your bit then hope you can cope with 14,000 celtic fans!!

hail hail

Is this the notoriously friendly Celtic attitude at work again?

I hope we screw you something rotten at Ewood because you appear to be a bunch of condescending pillocks. No doubt if we'd won 2 or 3 nil you'd have been warning us to expect a Celtic backlash at Ewood. Yeah yeah yeah.

But then, I never liked Celtic in the first place.

i just have to ask do you lot really think you will score three or four againt us in blackburn, not a chance we were poor at times last night, but your foward line is pish we could have played all night and you wouldn't have scored, and i can definately see us scoring against you lot down there!!

could'nt agree more Bobby M.

I've already been called ignorant and condescending on this forum for suggesting that pretty football wins nothing.

interestingly i've just noticed the latest odds on the Uefa cup.

Ladbrokes have Celtic at 16-1 to win it.(this is clearly not going to happen before someone jumps down my throat). however the mighty "premiership" playing Blackburn are 40-1. this leads me to 3 possible conclusions

1)Ladbrokes are wrong (have you ever met a skint bookie!)

2)Ladbrokes are ignorant and condescending towards Blackburn and clearly don't understand that they have such a great side (especially Tugay!)

3) Blackburn are not likey to get through this tie.

...if only the "ignorant" bookies could see that we're only a nationwide "pub" team eh....

hail hail :razz:

and lets see what the atmosphere is like down your bit then hope you can cope with 14,000 celtic fans!!

If Celtic fans backs up their team as quietly as last night I can't see what is that we have to cope with.  ???

Rovers fans was all I heard last night and I don't see anything changing for 2nd leg. Are you so used to win the games that you don't remember to shout and give your team a support their need?

lets remember that Celtic have a S**t away record in Europe, i think all this handbags on this thread will make for a good game, but although Celtic don't look the team they were a couple of years ago, we should be confidence but cautious in our remarks, bring on Villa to get a kicking on Sunday.

. 2nd half was about 50/50 in the end. I think Blackburn deserved at least a draw and we are lucky you didn't score.

We couldn't do the basic things like control the ball, hold possession and pass.

2nd half 50/50 ?Take your green and white specs off. You were never on a par with rovers.

You never had posession? Well there's a reason for that isn't there. Teams who are played off the park by better teams, don't get posession.

And finally, we were worth a draw? I really expected more from intelligent Celtic fans.  Can I ask a question? How old are you  SMcceltic?

The Celts won 1-0 playing garbage.What are we going to win by when we come to Ewood and play like we can play?Any spare tickets for the Blackburn End ,because there usually is.    HAHA :

You do realise that there were Blackburn fans in the Celtic areas because you couldn't sell all your tickets?

Bryan- If they had lost they wouldn't have posted, not surprised at the number who have turned up today.

You only sing/post when your winning!

hail hail

As for the support....well? Last night less than 3000 Rovers fans drowned the famous Celtic support. I was there....the Celtic fans sang along to the TAPE of You'll Never Walk Alone and The Fields of Athenrie (sp?) before kick off and even had to put on a TAPE when you scored!! We heard very little support for your team during the match. Somehow I can't see you out singing us at Ewood....I've heard more noise at Old Trafford............SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

There's a lot left in this fixture and we probably have to score three to go through as I believe Celtic could score at Ewood. Very difficult to predict the outcome as we should have taken our first half chances to go 3-0 up, failing to take those chances was the only downside on a great night in Glasgow.

I'd like to thank the many Celtic fans who congratulated us on our team and acknowledged we should have won. Every fan I met was friendly and welcoming. Hope we do the same for you at Ewood.

Very proud to have been there to witness a wonderful Rovers performance.

could'nt agree more Bobby M.

I've already been called ignorant and condescending on this forum for suggesting that pretty football wins nothing.

interestingly i've just noticed the latest odds on the Uefa cup.

Ladbrokes have Celtic at 16-1 to win it.(this is clearly not going to happen before someone jumps down my throat). however the mighty "premiership" playing Blackburn are 40-1. this leads me to 3 possible conclusions

1)Ladbrokes are wrong (have you ever met a skint bookie!)

2)Ladbrokes are ignorant and condescending towards Blackburn and clearly don't understand that they have such a great side (especially Tugay!)

3) Blackburn are not likey to get through this tie.

...if only the "ignorant" bookies could see that we're only a nationwide "pub" team eh....

hail hail :razz:

It means lots of people are putting money on an overrated Celtic team. Nothing more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.