BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

Random mutterrings :

Radaghast : I think Unsal was home-sick and went home (a tradgedy..what an asset on the left he would have been!).  

Suker wanted too much $$$'s and so was left to go back to Turkey.  A shame.  He came to Ewood, broke his leg in training.  On his return game at Newcastle, he gave the best impersonation of a wandering donkey since the days of Ashley Ward.  A few weeks later, having regained match fitness, he gave the most clinical display of world-class finishing away at Fulham I have ever seen from a Rovers player.  

I think you can put these two in the "ones that got away" basket.

Now, regarding the crisis of confidence at BRFC these days, does Souness have any "friends" in upper football managment?  Someone he could employ as a "horse-whisperer", as it were?  A Mark Hughes or Kenny Dalglish, someone to watch training, say a few words to GS and the players?  Just to give it a different perspective?

GS is in trouble and is right to say that this is his lowest ebb.  How he responds to this challenge will determine whether he can become a great manager, as opposed to a very good one.

I see that he is taking the players away on a retreat before the Everton game.  I hope this works as well in previous situations (ie during our flirtation with relegation in the 2001).

pg - great minds and all that.  I was watching telly last night, saw Venables and (whilst I wouldn't want him anywhere near Rovers), thought much the same - would an experienced 'helper' alongside GS be of any use.  Came to the conclusion that I doubt GS would put up with anyone alongside him though!

Sukur.......A few weeks later, having regained match fitness, he gave the most clinical display of world-class finishing away at Fulham I have ever seen from a Rovers player.  

Wash your mouth out pg!  You obviously did'nt go to our opening game in the Prem at Crystal Palace then?

Alan Shearer...... No 'getting fit', no getting used to the speed of the prem, no sulking, no homesickness, no lazy attitude.......in fact no nothing except the most consistent, clinical and devastating finishing that we have all ever seen week in week out!  

Gotta go I'm filling up...........

Sukur.......A few weeks later, having regained match fitness, he gave the most clinical display of world-class finishing away at Fulham I have ever seen from a Rovers player.  

Wash your mouth out pg!  You obviously did'nt go to our opening game in the Prem at Crystal Palace then?

Alan Shearer...... No 'getting fit', no getting used to the speed of the prem, no sulking, no homesickness, no lazy attitude.......in fact no nothing except the most consistent, clinical and devastating finishing that we have all ever seen week in week out!  

To be fair pg did say away at Fulham

which means he's competing against Andy Cole's hands on hips debacle from the previous season and not much else

I seem to remember Keith pr*ck Gillespie scoring a screamer at the far end there when it was sunny once in Division 1, but my mind was be-fuddled with booze so I may have imagined that.

"no getting used to the speed of the prem"

maybe because it was the first day of the Premiership for everybody

That ever so reliable web site Tribal Football are reporting that the Rovers board are monitoring the availability of Mark hughes in case Souey does not turn things round by Christmas. They are also saying that in order to meet the £5m asking price for sean Davies, Everton will offload Radzinsky to Rovers for £3m.

I'm only the messenger...

That ever so reliable web site Tribal Football are reporting that the Rovers board are monitoring the availability of Mark hughes in case Souey does not turn things round by Christmas. They are also saying that in order to meet the £5m asking price for sean Davies, Everton will offload Radzinsky to Rovers for £3m.

I'm only the messenger...

That story was in the national press too apparently, so I was told. The person who told me definitely didn't get it from the Tribal Football website... And the club didn't deny it in the LET I don't think, but correct me if I'm wrong.

So AS was just some ordinary run of the mill striker and obviously quite some distance behind the 'world class' Turk that we were all soooo lucky to see in the famous blue and white shirts eh Chris?  

OK you have it your way.  

Next thing, you'll probably be trying to tell me that Martin Dahlin was once European footballer of the year I suppose? :razz:

So AS was just some ordinary run of the mill striker and obviously quite some distance behind the 'world class' Turk that we were all soooo lucky to see in the famous blue and white shirts eh Chris?  

OK you have it your way.  

Next thing, you'll probably be trying to tell me that Martin Dahlin was once European footballer of the year I suppose? :razz:

not sure what you mean, Shearer didn't have to get use to the speed of the premier league, he already played in the same league for Southampton the year before.

LOL @ thenodrog :)

No, I was not lucky enough to see Alan's debut game for the Rovers.  Until recently, you hardly saw any premier league matches in full down-under, and back in the early days (ie the '92 season onwards) I had to subsist on one late-night one-hour highlights package per week.  

I began watching the late night highlights after Shearer was injured, so most of memories of the '92 season are taken up with the crowd chanting "Newell, Newell!!."  It wasn't until the '93 season that I got to watch AS.

Anyway, I still stand by my assessment.  I watched Suker's game away at Newcastle and he was horrendous.  The biggest impersonation of a donkey playing football we were privaleged to see since the Ashley Ward days.

But he was electric at Fulham.  His two finishes were absolute world-class, with a touch and finess that IMO I have never seen in a Rovers shirt ever.

I"M NOT SAYING ALAN WASN'T WORLD CLASS!!!  Because we all know he was!   His performance in Euro '96, when he was at the peak of his game, confirms that.

But AS was a different type of player.  He relied on his strength, speed and power.  AS would have blasted those chances at Fulham into the back of the net with a thunderous drive.

Suker just showed us something else.

A real shame when you consider that Fulham game was about six months ago.  We had Suker, Duff, Tugay and Cole on fire and we absolutely destroyed them.  

Fast forward to today, and we would struggle not to get beated 3-0 at Fulham :(

A real shame when you consider that Fulham game was about six months ago.  We had Suker, Duff, Tugay and Cole on fire and we absolutely destroyed them.  

Fast forward to today, and we would struggle not to get beated 3-0 at Fulham :(

not only that, Friedel was playing amazing the best keeper in the league, and as a back for Neill and Gresko doing well, but the Short and Berg partnership was so solid, Duff on the left and busy Tommo on the right and then Sukur and Cole hitting form up front, but after that game Sukur was a let down and it was slowly down hill from there losing Sukur ,Duff, Berg, Short, Dunn and Tugay to age so far this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No he hasn`t. The players were a disgrace and didn`t deserve to wear the shirt against Villa.

How can a team one week play so well against the Gunners and play pathetically against a mid table team called Villa.

I`m sure he`ll have them fired up for Friday.

If they play like that on Friday again, they really are taking the p*** out of Souness.

:brfc:

I've been supporting Souness so far, but now Ive had enough!! MORE THAN @#/? ENOUGH....!!

PACK YOUR BAG SOUNESS...and LEAVE.!!

PS: If we win I will look like a fool now, but I still stand by what I have written..! Boro are all over us now...

steady on mate. bit of a knee jerk reaction there

i still have confidence in souness and always will, i'd be happy just to stay up with europe looking like its out of reach although if we string a few wins together (like we did least season) we'll be sitting pretty.

I've been supporting Souness so far, but now Ive had enough!! MORE THAN  ENOUGH....!!

Stop playing Yorke is the answer to our problems.

And sort out the back four to protect Friedel a little bit at least.

My defence:

Neill  Taylor   Short/Babbel   Gresko/Babbel

Souness is crap, he must go now so the new manager has the window to mould the squad, if possible. SOUNESS OUT !!!  :O.

I just had to get that out of my system. i think it'll be flipping close in our relegation battle. Don't care if Graeme goes or not really.

I've been supporting Souness so far, but now Ive had enough!! MORE THAN  ENOUGH....!!

Stop playing Yorke is the answer to our problems.

And sort out the back four to protect Friedel a little bit at least.

My defence:

Neill  Taylor   Short/Babbel   Gresko/Babbel

You'd play Babbel left back, and have Tiny starting  :O

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.