BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

We need some kind of exciting signing..

Although they may not be exactly crap.. Dickov, Matteo (I hope not!) and De Pedro don't feel me with too much excited.

What exactly do you mean by "an exciting signing"? Obviously a Spanish interntional winger who played in the Champions League last year does not excite you, so can you tell us what will? Some names to illustrate your point would be a good idea.

Spanish interntional winger?! Not anymore, two years ago now!

Im with RoverDrake on this one....hoping for some exciting news later this month...

and if either of them score several goals to stop us losing the amount of games as we did at home last season then you will all run across the hallowed turf naked will you ?

FFS the season is weeks away and your all moaning.

Let the football begin in August and then air your views 5 games into the season. After all if we somehow manage some marvellous results against the likes of arsenal,manure and newcastle you will all seriously have some egg on your face.

we all expect massive signings we all expect miracles. The truth is harsh that we cannot compete for the highest paid players anymore, we dont have the money, we dont have the backing of the supporters and we no longer have a sugar daddy. JHC we cant even release a kit before the start of the season.

What will be will be. Lets just get on with it and lets see how we perfomr pre season before we pass judgement.

in fact just sit back and enjoy the tennis and cricket blink.gif

I agree in that JFH would have been a good signing - if you like signing players who would probably cost in wages for the term of his contract what our entire transfer budget is for this summer and who are in a similar situation to the one that Dwight Yorke was in when we signed him and we aren't going to learn from previous mistakes and we hadn't already signed Paul Dickov (cheap) and we didn't already have five other strikers plus Dickov and I'm living in cloud cuckoo land - then yes - I think he would be a great edition to the squad. Really exciting.

tinykit.gif

rover.gif mr drake has a very valid point the signing's have been mediocre to say the least,goped is unknown to me but if he was that good why was he not in poooooooooortuuuugal tinykit.gif

Because the spanish have at least three of the greatest wingers in the world currently available to them. All of them are worth in excess of 10 million- we got De pedro for free.

Who would of you signed instead? Someone who would come to sunny Blackburn and we could afford. I for one cannot think of a single chap- that Petrov guy was good for Bulgaria, but I think he is already in the Bundasliga and his value has just trebled after his excellent performances.

Because the spanish have at least three of the greatest wingers in the world currently available to them. All of them are worth in excess of 10 million- we got De pedro for free.

rover.gif 3 great wingers i can't think off one tinykit.gif

rover.gif 3 great wingers i can't think off one tinykit.gif

Vicente, Reyes, Joaquin, Extenerria....enough?

Doesnt matter though, still think De Pedro aint going to offer us anything special...

rover.gif mr drake has a very valid point the signing's have been mediocre to say the least,goped is unknown to me but if he was that good why was he not in poooooooooortuuuugal tinykit.gif

Even by your standards waggy that is unbelieveable. After going on about how good a signing Hasselbaink would be, a striker not considered good enough for "poooooooooortuuuugal", your response to De Pedro ( 'goped' eh? You joker you...) is because he isn't good enough for "poooooooooortuuuugal"?!?

There's no point answering your points- wait a few minutes and you contradict yourself anyway. Oh and you put forward Mark Hughes as a possible replacement for Souness...a manager who also was not good enough for "poooooooooortuuuugal".

waggy- we are all Rovers fans here and if you have a good reason to have a go at Souness we will agree. You seem to think that there are Souness lovers who will defend him whatever, I don't think so, they just won't agree with crap arguments. However, some of your attempts to have a go at him don't merely border on the desperate...they are desperate...

krislu- tell us what you mean by an "exciting signing". Name what kind of player you mean. or do you not actually know yourself? If you tell us what would excite you that I might understand where you are coming from.

rover.gif jfh is A PROVEN PREMIERSHIP GOALSCORER,i for one have never heard off de pedro,i do not like souness as rovers manager.

my points being

1-he is a bully

2-he sells our best players

3-his transfers are dodgy to say the least

4-he is scottish

5- he used to have a tache

6-he has more money than me

7-he is on the telly more than me

8-he is better looking than me tinykit.gif

Although they may not be exactly crap.. Dickov, Matteo (I hope not!) and De Pedro don't feel me with too much excited.

oh dear...

Our summer signings have been poor..

I was referring more to your grammar, but i also disagree with the point you were trying to make. What more do you want than an answer to our left sided problems and a very, very decent player with experience at international level, a proven goal scorer in Dickov who, without any evidence to the contrary, looks only to be a rotation player and the possibility of signing a one time captain and decent defender who would add depth to the defense. I have been extremely impressed with our summer activities, I dont see any reason to be negative.

krislu- tell us what you mean by an "exciting signing". Name what kind of player you mean. or do you not actually know yourself? If you tell us what would excite you that I might understand where you are coming from.

Exciting players:

+ Young players who has their whole future infront of them. They will always give a 100%, and are hungry to show that they can cope playing at the top level..

+ Known quality players. Doesnt really matter how old they are, BUT you have to be able to praise what they are doing NOW (TODAY) and NOT what they did 2-3 years ago..

In other words, I dont consider De Pedro as an exciting player....on the other hand I was very excited about the signing of young unknown John Stead...

Edited by krislu

Exciting players:

+ Young players who has their whole future infront of them. They will always give a 100%, and are hungry to show that they can cope playing at the top level..

+ Known quality players. Doesnt really matter how old they are, BUT you have to be able to praise what they are doing NOW (TODAY) and NOT what they did 2-3 years ago..

In other words, I dont consider De Pedro as an exciting player....on the other hand I was very excited about the signing of young Stead...

I think he wants a name krislu. We can all say we want to spend millions on a young striker-but it aint gunna happen. So then, tell us what player to buy?

Exciting players:

In other words, I dont consider De Pedro as an exciting player....on the other hand I was very excited about the signing of young Stead...

I think he wants a name krislu. We can all say we want to spend millions on a young striker-but it aint gunna happen. So then, tell us what player to buy?

Give me a minute, just have to boot up my CM-game first...

Strewth! We have not even kicked a ball yet, and people are already moaning.

This is really pathetic.

Who have we missed out on? Name a player that has been signed by another club that we could realistically have bought.

The anti-Souness brigade come on here making facile arguments with little or no substance to back up their pathetic stance.

mad.gifmad.gif

oh dear...

I was referring more to your grammar, but i also disagree with the point you were trying to make. What more do you want than an answer to our left sided problems and a very, very decent player with experience at international level, a proven goal scorer in Dickov who, without any evidence to the contrary, looks only to be a rotation player and the possibility of signing a one time captain and decent defender who would add depth to the defense. I have been extremely impressed with our summer activities, I dont see any reason to be negative.

I have nothing against Dickov or De Pedro as a temporary left-side solution but they aren't exactly going to get the attendances up at Ewood.

We still need an exciting central midfielder who can create and have flair. And I don't mean someone in Bazza's mould.

How we let Van Buyten slip past baffles me..

Exciting players:

on the other hand I was very excited about the signing of young unknown John Stead...

Are yes - these young players with their whole Premiership future in front of them. You can pick these up for a couple of quid each at Clitheroe Car Boot on a Sunday - you just need to ensure you get there before Arsene and Alex though - they don't half push.

I'm glad you were excited about John Stead signing. The majority of us (OK I'm guessing) didn't know anything about him. I wasn't excited I was bemused but prepared to give the lad the a fair crack of the whip. Hey! and guess what? I'm prepared to do exactly the same thing with de Pedro (who I hadn't heard of but remember seeing his ugly mug in a match before somewhere) and Dickov before I start slagging them off and saying that they're not good enough or "exciting".

oh dear...

I have nothing against Dickov or De Pedro as a temporary left-side solution but they aren't exactly going to get the attendances up at Ewood.

We still need an exciting central midfielder who can create and have flair. And I don't mean someone in Bazza's mould.

because buying a centre back is really going to boost up attendances

oh dear...

because buying a centre back is really going to boost up attendances

yes it would..

Better defender = Better defence

Better defence = Better results

Better Results = Better League Position

Better League Position = More recognition & interest.

More recognition & interest = More fans

well you can say the same with de pedro cant you. Better midfielder=better results, ect.

You say you want an exciting midfielder and you then go on to say we should have bought van buyten????? blink.gif

The emphasis on the lack of exciting signings was more in reference to Dickov (although I know is a good player) and the possible signing of Matteo (who is @#/? professional..)...

The Van Buyten comment was just a quick comment about how we desperately needed a good defender..

It's always the same at this time of year. Mr Roversmum is always morose and gives me a hard time and it always seems to coincide with the cricket. sad.gif

And the throat-slitting of Rovers 'fans' is in full swing before the lads are even back in training. wacko.gif

I know we've been through this before, rover6, but De Pedro was really good in the World Cup and he should be good for Rovers. Dickov causes trouble for defenders and Matteo (if he comes) is a reasonable defender and can play other positions. Then there is Jon Stead and the return of Ferguson and Thompson, and a fit Amoruso (ah, Amoruso tongue.gif ). Hopefully one or two of the youngsters can be brought on, too.

I feel we have a lot to look forward to - and not just the end of the cricket season!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.