BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

I too feel the need to post here and apologise to Tugay4England.

Since leaving Emerton in the bench, Rovers have won three straight games, scored six goals and conceded three.

T4E - you were right.  It was all Emerton's fault!!!

Call that an apology?! We've scored seven goals! wink.giftongue.gif

4+1+1=7. I must inform UCAS of this.

Emerton didn't blast home a simple second against Everton?? ohmy.gif

you know me dave cool.gif was a tadge concered at one stage but had a good day in the office today ,ive talked to 3 no sorry 4 everton fans today hee hee

Been sniggering at Everton fans all day, great fun.

oops ! that'll be post 2000 then, Champion's league eh ?

champions league?! Ur havin a laugh! dah dah dah

only joking.well done on your 2000th post. I soon(prob in about 2 years) hope to be worthy of being a champions league poster

Seeing that you's are safe now is everyone happy to see GS continue as manager or are some still thinking that they'd fancy someone else in charge. It has been a poor season & GS has to take the rap for it, that's just the way it is but there have been signs in the last month or so that he was starting to get the best out of the team again. So is everyone happy to see him stay or was it to little to late......

We have to stick with him as you can only change your manager if you know you can get someone better. Quite simply, he's the best for Rovers at the moment.

With Souness you know who the boss is and who's running things. He's had bad luck in the last 2 pre-seasons (Jansen & Duff) so he's not had it all rosy like some people say, however.......

..... we've been cr*p at home all season and wern't much better the season before. Without the creative trio of Duff, Dunn and Jansen we lack the ability to break teams down and this is the main thing GS needs to address. He has yet to do so, and without some more balance and creativity to the team we will be in the same situation next season.

...... his public fallings out with players have been well documented and while a good b*llocking shouldn't good amiss with these overpaid stars I don't like the theory/fact that Souey freezes players out. This is no good for a young footballer's confidence. The 2 players that spring to mind the most are Johansson and Gresko - promissing stars that GS signed.

..... basic coaching - sometimes it looks like we don't have any. Most Rovers fans can see this as we witnessed the Rovers team of the nineties who were well drilled by Ray Harford. If GS isn't supposed to coach our defensive game (and I'm talking about the midfield and strikers here too) then he needs to get someone in who will because Saunders and Parkes clearly don't know how to.

His passion is what makes him stand out though. He also has that something special where he can get the best out of players when most needed, as proven in many of our "big" games over the past 4 years.

He's still the man

(dunno if this needs to be in one of the many other GS threads)

We have to stick with him as you can only change your manager if you know you can get someone better. Quite simply, he's the best for Rovers at the moment.

With Souness you know who the boss is and who's running things. He's had bad luck in the last 2 pre-seasons (Jansen & Duff) so he's not had it all rosy like some people say, however.......

..... we've been cr*p at home all season and wern't much better the season before. Without the creative trio of Duff, Dunn and Jansen we lack the ability to break teams down and this is the main thing GS needs to address. He has yet to do so, and without some more balance and creativity to the team we will be in the same situation next season.

...... his public fallings out with players have been well documented and while a good b*llocking shouldn't good amiss with these overpaid stars I don't like the theory/fact that Souey freezes players out. This is no good for a young footballer's confidence. The 2 players that spring to mind the most are Johansson and Gresko - promissing stars that GS signed.

..... basic coaching - sometimes it looks like we don't have any. Most Rovers fans can see this as we witnessed the Rovers team of the nineties who were well drilled by Ray Harford. If GS isn't supposed to coach our defensive game (and I'm talking about the midfield and strikers here too) then he needs to get someone in who will because Saunders and Parkes clearly don't know how to.

His passion is what makes him stand out though. He also has that something special where he can get the best out of players when most needed, as proven in many of our "big" games over the past 4 years.

He's still the man

(dunno if this needs to be in one of the many other GS threads)

You might want to add a complete lack of tactical nouse to that list wink.gif

As for Gresko, well he's been frozen out because he didn't play well as, basically, a left wingback - which is understandable. If he had been given the cover Gray has been afforded by Douglas then we'd be singing the praises of Gresko this year thumbs-up.gif

..... we've been cr*p at home all season and wern't much better the season before.

Excuse me?

Didn't we beat Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle United, respectively the champions, second and third-placed teams, at home last season?

..... we've been cr*p at home all season and wern't much better the season before.

Excuse me?

Didn't we beat Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle United, respectively the champions, second and third-placed teams, at home last season?

I said much better, and we wern't. Those 3 games were probably the only exceptions.

Too many dull draws against cr*p teams highlighted this, along with the fall in season tickets.

I wouldn't lose sleep if he left, but I think I'm happy to give him a fair crack of the whip next season.

Who knows where we might have finished if Cole & Stead had been up front all season and Amo had been at the back? Surely it's not a coincidence that results have improved with the Italian in the team is it? unsure.gif

We'va avoided relegation, and that's another season in the Premier League. That is a huge achievement. Achieved through the managerial skills of Souness. He brought Stead in, and had the fortitude to back him to excel in the PL straight away.

One thing you have to do as a Rovers supporter, is develop a stomach for the fight. There was/is always a danger of a relegation scrap in one season or another. I am adamant that if Souness had been replaced at the points everyone was calling for it to happen, we would not have had this turnaround. And I believe it is exactly as I said, GS knows how to get that vital result when it matters, and understands a team, that was by all evidence, in considerable mess, better than anyone else.

I hope he stays. I will understand if *he* makes a decision to move on, but the club definitely owes him a lot (not that he's every made a big deal about it. He really comes across as a noble gentleman), and shouldn't dare make the move themselves.

rover.gif i've enjoyed my months of exile on this board,to see all the pro souness brigade slowly come round to my way of thinking,and then change there mind agian,souness has had a very lucky escape,and hopefully he will leave in the summer.then again he may not,all i say to you all were would we be if he had signed mcbride. tinykit.gif

rover.gif i've enjoyed my months of exile on this board,to see all the pro souness brigade slowly come round to my way of thinking,and then change there mind agian,souness has had a very lucky escape,and hopefully he will leave in the summer.then again he may not,all i say to you all were would we be if he had signed mcbride. tinykit.gif

Welcome back Waggy.

thumbs-up.gif

Not saying McBride would've done as well as Stead or as well as last year's campaign with Everton, but he DID score 6 in 9 or so Premiership appearances with the Toffees las season, so he does have it in him.

I don't wanna incite a Stead is WAY better than McBride riot, but I'm just saying Big Bri isn't a useless bugger....

Edited by Hypo-Luxa

Not saying McBride would've done as well as Stead or as well as last year's campaign with Everton, but he DID score 6 in 9 or so Premiership appearances with the Toffees las season, so he does have it in him.

I don't wanna incite a Stead is WAY better than McBride riot, but I'm just saying Big Bri isn't a useless bugger....

yeah he's has scored a few class goals at Fulhum still but been on the bench mostly

Believe me..nobody (besides maybe ColeJ and American) would have wanted McBride on Rovers more than myself...but given Stead's performance and chemistry with the team, I'm glad he's a Rover and not McBride...if I had to choose between the two, it'd be Stead again and again...Plus Stead's got a few more years left in him than Brian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.