SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

If he brings in Hendry as a coach to:

a.) Sort out defensive frailties

and

b.) Help with motivation

then Souey will have a lot more confidence from me. I think he's a good manager - one of the best british ones around - but a space of a year has seen to many spats with players. If that gets smoothed over in close season and things get back on track, I'd stick with, if not, I'm afraid I'd say show him the door.

I havent managed to understand all season why some people want souness out, and I realise that its easy for me to come on here now after a win and defend him. But he has turned us around no end and I dont believe anyone could have done a better job for rovers this season with the injuries and squad we have.

as much as i like souness and think he should stay, you cannot just forget a season of horrors for two wins on the trot.

But some would believe you can forget three years of progress just as easily...

I havent managed to understand all season why some people want souness out, and I realise that its easy for me to come on here now after a win and defend him. But he has turned us around no end and I dont believe anyone could have done a better job for rovers this season with the injuries and squad we have.

as much as i like souness and think he should stay, you cannot just forget a season of horrors for two wins on the trot.

But some would believe you can forget three years of progress just as easily...

indeed, myself not included.

wait until next season and im sure he will make huge progress from this season.

many would criticise souness for sticking to the same line up that faced fulham if we had have lost, but few have praised his persistancy on this occasion.

Am I the only one to think it curious that kennysuperbuyer posted constanly after the Leeds defeat over a period of three days and yet has not been seen anywhere near the board since the Fulham win (a period now of five days)? dry.gif

No need to be curious mate, they're part of the "told you so" brigade.

Make me want to spew.

Onward and upward to Goodison.

To be honest AS I think many people including myself on here had doubt's coming to the surface after last Saturday's debacle against Leed's,hardened supporter's were becoming angry and disillusioned.....We simply couldn't continue the way we were, defeat after bloody demoralising home defeat.

Personally I am SO happy to say that over the last 7 days those doubt's have been erased and we have clearly seen that the players do care about the club and fan's..they do have some pride and fight about 'em thumbs-up.gif.

So it's Souness to stay for me but please Greame if your reading this STOP FALLING OUT WITH PLAYER'S,IT DOES NEITHER YOU, THE PLAYER'S OR OUR CLUB ANY GOOD FELLA!!.

One of the main reasons why I think Rover6 slowly but surely gained a lot of repect on here was that win lose or draw he always came on here to back up his argument or put his view across. I think it says a lot about some of the others that they are always hidden when we have done well.

One of the main reasons why I think Rover6 slowly but surely gained a lot of repect on here was that win lose or draw he always came on here to back up his argument or put his view across.  I think it says a lot about some of the others that they are always hidden when we have done well.

yeah thats true, at least he has an opinion on resolving problems, unlike Jim and others

Still think next seasons going to be a big season for Souness, before this season I thought he was great, so my opinion has been slightly dented this season, so next season he has to prove himself again, not sure if Blake is a good start blink.gif

Edited by chris

I'm sorry, but if you think today's win makes me want Souness to stay, you're mad. The ONLY good thing was the three points. If we'd played ANY other team and put up that performance, we'd have been TANKED- we were only fortunate that they were as bad as I've seen for a long time.

I hope you all find the mythical players that Souness can get on with- because I'd guess the larger part of the squad will be off in the summer for little or no fee.

Emerton continues to be one of the biggest pigs in a poke I've seen, and while Shorty was immense today, he didn't really have any opposition (a half-fit Les Ferdinand and a midget (dick-off)

Enjoy the Premiership next season. If you can!! Hope some of you are still ALIVE when the perennially unfit get back (do we actually HAVE a player called Thompson- or has been injured since we bought him?). I'll be going to the rounds of the Champion's League until such times as he's gone. (ie after he starts next season as badly as this one's ending- and as there will only be old ex-Rangers players around when he's alienated everyone else, GOOD LUCK!)

I'm sorry, but if you think today's win makes me want Souness to stay, you're mad.  The ONLY good thing was the three points.  If we'd played ANY other team and put up that performance, we'd have been TANKED- we were only fortunate that they were as bad as I've seen for a long time.

I hope you all find the mythical players that Souness can get on with- because I'd guess the larger part of the squad will be off in the summer for little or no fee.

Emerton continues to be one of the biggest pigs in a poke I've seen, and while Shorty was immense today, he didn't really have any opposition (a half-fit Les Ferdinand and a midget (dick-off)

Enjoy the Premiership next season.  If you can!!  Hope some of you are still ALIVE when the perennially unfit get back (do we actually HAVE a player called Thompson- or has been injured since we bought him?).  I'll be going to the rounds of the Champion's League until such times as he's gone. (ie after he starts next season as badly as this one's ending- and as there will only be old ex-Rangers players around when he's alienated everyone else, GOOD LUCK!)

"Enjoy the Premiership next season" "if you can"

You should have stopped there Janice. Why are you ranting about the Champions League ? Why are you boasting about how good it will be ??

Most Rovers fans tonight are just loving the fact we beat Leicester.

I'm sorry, but if you think today's win makes me want Souness to stay, you're mad. The ONLY good thing was the three points. If we'd played ANY other team and put up that performance, we'd have been TANKED- we were only fortunate that they were as bad as I've seen for a long time.

Enjoy the Premiership next season. If you can!! Hope some of you are still ALIVE when the perennially unfit get back (do we actually HAVE a player called Thompson- or has been injured since we bought him?). I'll be going to the rounds of the Champion's League until such times as he's gone. (ie after he starts next season as badly as this one's ending- and as there will only be old ex-Rangers players around when he's alienated everyone else, GOOD LUCK!)

Your obsession with Souness is bordering on the psychotic. Seriously, see a counsellor, book in with a shrink, anything. Otherwise soon you'll be straightjacketed in a padded cell muttering "bloody hun b......", "never get in the all time Scottish XI", "ruined the club with his Ger cronies" and so on and so on before you start nutting the wall.

You need to stop being so obsessed with the man. It ain't healthy or normal.

I was going to post this in the Leicester post match comments, however after reading the above, it may be more fitting to post it here.

Well, I’ll freely hold my hand up and admit that I was having doubts about Souness, whilst I hadn’t got to the point of calling for his head, I did feel that he’d lost the ability to motivate the dressing room.

In my eyes and to a number of supporters, some of his team selections and substitutions this season have been questionable and his public falling out with players has been unprofessional. However, what is clearly evident is his total commitment to the cause.

With both teams committed to battling clear of the relegation zone, yesterday’s game against Leicester wasn’t for the football purist or the faint hearted, so, although engrossed in the game, I found myself being distracted by the atmosphere and other events around the ground.

Before I get back to my main point regarding Souness, I must pay tribute to my fellow supporters. Its been a long time since the atmosphere has been so electric at Ewood, in fact yesterdays atmosphere was better than at games last season when we were riding high in the league. Knowing how crucial yesterdays game was, the supporters to their credit got behind the team, even the Jack Walker stand came to life yesterday and very few fans were seen to be exiting early to avoid the traffic hold ups.

As an aside and no disrespect to the Riversiders, I found the “Riverside, riverside give us a song” chant from the Blackburn Enders amusing. There were a few other chants created yesterday that I also found amusing, however to avoid litigation I wont repeat them.

Anyway back to my main point. Following recent remarks by Leicester supporters, in the fans questionnaire, regarding Souness’s touch line behaviour; during yesterdays game I watched the dug out area more than I normally do and especially Souness’s reactions.

In the eyes of opposition fans his ranting on the touchline, may appear unprofessional or as one Leicester supporter stated “disgraceful behaviour that must cause embarrisment”. To the contrary, what is clearly evident, is that the man is totally engrossed in the game and shows his frustration when things don’t go right, he shows his annoyance when events don’t go in his or the teams favour.

Whilst I don’t agree with his public falling out with players, some of this seasons performances must be as frustrating for him as it is for the supporters, which has made him boil over, virtually repeating what the supporters have ranted about on the message boards and in pubs and clubs throughout Blackburn and surrounding areas.

Having a poor season, following the successful years Souness’s judgement in the transfer market has been questioned, those deals where quite evident yesterday to have been in Souness’s favour. Leicester are made up of Rovers players released by Souness, the only ones who got a game yesterday being McKinley and Bent, neither of which impressed, McKinleys main contribution before being substituted was to get Amoruso booked and was Bent really on the pitch. Of the other ex-player signed by Leicester, Gillespie warmed the bench for 90 minutes, Hignett has gone on loan to Crewe, no sign of Davidson, however he may be injured and Curtis has been released to Portsmouth, where he cant hold down a first team place either.

Looking at Souness’s recent buys yesterday; Amoruso after returning from injury, although he does have weaknesses, has been a tower of strength in the defence with his dominance and commitment. Which then takes me to Souness’s star buy, £1 million pounds for a 20 year old third division striker, supposed to be a signing for the future. On yesterdays performance what is Jon Stead going to be in the future.

OK I’m on a high after this weeks results, we aren’t out of the woods yet but the first trees have been cut and today for me Souness is the man carrying the chain saw, the team are clearing away the dead wood and we the supporters are the ones chanting Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I was one to say that Souness should go this time last week.

Two wins on the run and people may have changed their minds. I still think Souness should go, yesterday was a great win no doubt about it.

We only won because the team we were playing against us was a team with hardly any quality.

They were direct and we matched them for the aerial presence and towards the end managed to hit them on the break. However when we play United at home, I fear that if United play a full strength team they will rip us to pieces.

The full backs time and time again gave good possession away. With Giggs, Scholes etc you can`t do that against teams like United.

Still it amazes me how we our not in the bottom three. If we stay up then it is a miracle. It`s down to other teams, such as Wolves and Leicester who are far worse than us.

We stay up and I`m convinced the board will keep Souness at the club. Although I`ll be keeping close attention to his summer signings and whoever leaves the club.

I posted in the topic "If Souness Went" that a defender with pace is needed for sure.

Questions have to be asked to Souness as a manager and a person. Time after time Souness has fallen out with player after player, several have left because of it. The question is who is going to be the next player to row with Souness?

tinykit.gif

Enjoy the Premiership next season.  If you can!!  Hope some of you are still ALIVE when the perennially unfit get back (do we actually HAVE a player called Thompson- or has been injured since we bought him?).  I'll be going to the rounds of the Champion's League until such times as he's gone. (ie after he starts next season as badly as this one's ending- and as there will only be old ex-Rangers players around when he's alienated everyone else, GOOD LUCK!)

No matter how I try I cannot understand how a supporter can be committed to two teams? It would seem that while Celtic are riding high, good side but lets face it in a rubbish league but I won't start that debate, you're a fan. Presumably you spent more time at Ewood Park when Rovers where enjoying their peak in the mid nineties?

Criticise Souness all you like, it's your right, but either be a Rover or a Bhoy. Or by Champions League are you switching to Arsenal or Chelsea next season? I don't like questioning you like this as I know you've been around here and Rovers a long time but I feel you need to decide where your loyalties really lay.

The quote above sounds like an "au revoir" and I'll see you when the good times return.

After Leeds I would have been happy to see Souness leave and Parkes put in charge. I don't know if that was right or wrong and I don't care. I would happily have accepted one last roll of the dice by John Williams to see if Parkes could keep us up. The Leicester game answered only one question, namely, could we get three points and move towards survival? We did and that is all I am concerned with for the next four weeks. John Williams held his nerve when all around him may have been calling for change. He's a leader.

I feel there are important questions to be answered in the close season. For me to be convinced Souness is right for Rovers I would like to see a public explanation of the rumoured unrest in the club. If Souness is responsible we need to know he has learnt a lesson and this will not occur again.

Until recently I wouldn't have questioned GS but I still do now. The only thing I know for certain is he was as choked with emotion in his post-match interview as I was throughout the game and at the final whistle. I could hardly sing beacuse the words just wouldn't come out. Tells us all one thing.

Good post Alan75. Honest as well.

I have had my doubts about Souness but always thought that now isn't the right time to be deciding Souey's future with the club. Passions are too high. That decision has to be made in the Summer and the right people to make that decision are J.W. and the board. They have far more insight into what's gone on between the manager and players than anyone on here.

I put trust in those people and whatever decisions they make will be in the best interests of Blackburn Rovers F.C.

Of course people will have views on the decisions made, that's fair enough, they're entitled to do that, but not yet.

I'll be going to the rounds of the Champion's League until such times as he's gone.

enjoy it while you can, because you aren't good enough to get the automatic spot in 05/06 - lost it to Turkey.

never have I seen such a negative post after such a vital win.

Well Jan, us Rovers are certainly not sorry we won yestarday or last Monday. I know it grates you to see a souness side to do well. Tough. I don`t know whether he should stay or go, lets just stay up and cross that bridge when we come to it.

Regardless what you have said in previous posts, my opinion is that you hate all thinks Rangers or ex Rangers. If all of the ex Rangers at ewood were hypothetically ex celtic then I bet you would cheer them to the rafters.

Your twisted, bitter view of goings on at Ewood are unhealthy.

Nothing wrong with Jan supporting two teams, after all they are not even in the same country. As for Jan's commitment to Rovers I don't think anyone can doubt it, travelling hundreds of miles as she does.

And she has every right to have an opinion on Souness as we all have. Just not sure if it's always for Rovers related reasons!

Alan thats a good read and of course a very well placed judgement of Souness, the fans and of course the ex players.

#

If our jan thinks he or she is going to enjoy the champions league with celtic then I would hope that he/she thinks about just how good the current celtic team are compared to most of the top class euro teams.

There is no doubting the fantastic supporters and the super stadium. The question mark over celtic is that this season they have won what has got to be the worst ever Scottish Premier League ever.

I mean Rangers cannot cope both financially and on the pitch, they have just as many freebies as Leicester City. Hearts,Hibs,Aberdeen,Livingston,Dundee x 2,Partick,Motherwell,Dunfermline and Kilmarnock do not exactly represent worthy challengers do they ?

I know you can only play the team that is put in front of you but seriously Jan if you are considering that celtic can produce the required level in the CL first round next year your in a bigger dreamworld thatn forfar Athletic.

I hope you enjoy your games, we at Rovers will watch with envy I am sure. But what I would say is that whilst watching the demise of the bhoys come on down to Ewood and see a rejuvenated football team tinykit.giftinykit.gif

I was going to post this in the Leicester post match comments, however after reading the above, it may be more fitting to post it here.

Well, I’ll freely hold my hand up and admit that I was having doubts about Souness, whilst I hadn’t got to the point of calling for his head, I did feel that he’d lost the ability to motivate the dressing room.

In my eyes and to a number of supporters, some of his team selections and substitutions this season have been questionable and his public falling out with players has been unprofessional. However, what is clearly evident is his total commitment to the cause.

With both teams committed to battling clear of the relegation zone, yesterday’s game against Leicester wasn’t for the football purist or the faint hearted, so, although engrossed in the game, I found myself being distracted by the atmosphere and other events around the ground.

Before I get back to my main point regarding Souness, I must pay tribute to my fellow supporters. Its been a long time since the atmosphere has been so electric at Ewood, in fact yesterdays atmosphere was better than at games last season when we were riding high in the league. Knowing how crucial yesterdays game was, the supporters to their credit got behind the team, even the Jack Walker stand came to life yesterday and very few fans were seen to be exiting early to avoid the traffic hold ups.

As an aside and no disrespect to the Riversiders, I found the “Riverside, riverside give us a song” chant from the Blackburn Enders amusing. There were a few other chants created yesterday that I also found amusing, however to avoid litigation I wont repeat them.

Anyway back to my main point. Following recent remarks by Leicester supporters, in the fans questionnaire, regarding Souness’s touch line behaviour; during yesterdays game I watched the dug out area more than I normally do and especially Souness’s reactions.

In the eyes of opposition fans his ranting on the touchline, may appear unprofessional or as one Leicester supporter stated “disgraceful behaviour that must cause embarrisment”. To the contrary, what is clearly evident, is that the man is totally engrossed in the game and shows his frustration when things don’t go right, he shows his annoyance when events don’t go in his or the teams favour.

Whilst I don’t agree with his public falling out with players, some of this seasons performances must be as frustrating for him as it is for the supporters, which has made him boil over, virtually repeating what the supporters have ranted about on the message boards and in pubs and clubs throughout Blackburn and surrounding areas.

Having a poor season, following the successful years Souness’s judgement in the transfer market has been questioned, those deals where quite evident yesterday to have been in Souness’s favour. Leicester are made up of Rovers players released by Souness, the only ones who got a game yesterday being McKinley and Bent, neither of which impressed, McKinleys main contribution before being substituted was to get Amoruso booked and was Bent really on the pitch. Of the other ex-player signed by Leicester, Gillespie warmed the bench for 90 minutes, Hignett has gone on loan to Crewe, no sign of Davidson, however he may be injured and Curtis has been released to Portsmouth, where he cant hold down a first team place either.

Looking at Souness’s recent buys yesterday; Amoruso after returning from injury, although he does have weaknesses, has been a tower of strength in the defence with his dominance and commitment. Which then takes me to Souness’s star buy, £1 million pounds for a 20 year old third division striker, supposed to be a signing for the future. On yesterdays performance what is Jon Stead going to be in the future.

OK I’m on a high after this weeks results, we aren’t out of the woods yet but the first trees have been cut and today for me Souness is the man carrying the chain saw, the team are clearing away the dead wood and we the supporters are the ones chanting Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

a thoroughly pleasing post there alan and largely summarised my thoughts on souness, despite not being present at the leicester game.

the one question, without meaning to cause any offence what-so-ever, is - is it only after the leicester match that you have noted/recognized souness' involvement in the game? for me he has shown all season that he is thoroughly engrossed, giving 100% to the cause and showing his shear frustration and love for the club when things dont go in the way of the team.

what il add is - have any members seen the dejected look, after dejected look that follow his teams dire performances. souness heart for the team and the game has never been in any kind of question in my eyes. people who say he has lost his passion and that he is not the same man are lost.

furthermore, while souness' comfrontations have been publically exercised by the media, i dont believe he ever lost the support of the dressing room, call it blind faith. now i think that is evident after the last two perfromances.

while i agree a season of horrors cannot be forgotten, i also believe that souness will pull it around next season and deserves all our support. have trust in the man, before now he has never failed us.

Edited by tcj_jones

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.