BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

I have alot of admiration for GS and what he has done for this club but I wonder whether he now has anything left to offer.

I hear people say it would be suicide to sack a manager with only six games left, especially so when that manager has achieved so much.

But the fact is that leaving him in charge for the remaining six games will see us relegated. There is clearly unrest in the camp and things are not going to change. So what have we got to lose!!

The only problem is that we will find it very difficult to bring anyone else in at this stage of the season and I am not sure TP can do it again.

Any suggestions?

Not beeing able to hang on to Duff was our biggest mistake. I don't know how much we could have done to make him stay, but he was definately a massive difference. Apart from his obvious skills, he filled the team with confidence and belief, we just played another level of football with him. Now that he's gone, the players haven't been able to adjust to the loss of such an important player, and the new arrivals haven't had the best of seasons.

Not saying that Duff was the only good player we had, but with him we had the right combination, and now we simply don't.

Make your feelings known at the games with chants and banners. It's all we can do.

Was actually planning on doing something like this for Fulham.

On the lines of

SOUNESS - SORT IT OUT FOR UNCLE JACK

or..

ROVERS TILL I DIE

STAY UP 4 JACK

Edited by Jordan

1. Put Dean Saunders in as caretaker-manager

2. Craig Short as play/caretaker-manager

3. Put in the youth team guy ?.

that is the most stupid thing i heard

1 saunders is @#/? as a coach so id hate to see him choosing a side

2 short couldnt manage to defend for 5 minites into a game so how would he manage managing the team.

3 that would be a sensible option.

the best option i think is bring in george graham he 'might' be able to make us work harder and defend.

Duff chose to go - he always said he wanted Champions League football and with Chelsea's money he was never going to stay. We keep dragging it back up but it's like any relationship that ended - you get over it and move on. Some fans don't seem to have grasped this.

Worryingly, the only couple of players who showed any real heart today were Tugay and Amoruso. Yes they made mistakes but they looked like they wanted it more than anyone else.

I'm not sure how you can motivate millionaires if they don't want to be? The problem is that individually our players are probably too good to go down, as opposed to some of the other sides fighting it out. And I'd suggest that translates itself into the "I'll be alright, I'll get a move to another prem club" mentality.

We need to start the contingency planning around the youth that will be left after the summer fire-sale...

Basically we need players who love Blackburn and would sweat blood for Rovers survival. Hell if that takes some youth player than so be it..

I'm a bit fed-up of going over and over these same reasons (Souness, tactics, Duff, Dunn, Berg, no left-mid) etc.

Sure Souness is the main man and should be motivating and tactically getting it right... but the players on the pitch have a right to give 110% for the club and that isn't happening (apart from exceptions).

there is NO individual responsible its the whole first team set up.

Saunders should not be the coach for starters.

Souness needs to admit to having no man managements skills whatsoever

Parkes needs to be himself and stop being a yes man

the doctor needs to bang a few heads rather than kicking in doors at away grounds in particular bolton

the players need to take a long hard look in the mirror, they should reimburse the fans for that utter crud of an effort on the pitch today. How remarkable are the fans putting up with such crap week in week out.

finally

lady luck should go and wipe her big fat bum on the blackburn end goal, as thats were we are seeing the end of our premiership life.

it hurts like hell Rovers now get off yer butts and do something about it

Mr Souness,

Thanks for the promotion, Worthy Cup win and brief European football sojourn but the time has come for you to admit to your failings and GO.

This season has been a catalogue of mistakes and is heading towards disaster.

You have displayed the transfer market ability of Brian Kidd.

The man-management capability of Glenn Hoddle.

The tactical nouse of Glenn Roeder.

You are living on past achievements as a player and a manager but when it comes to the crunch, you've come short. Accept that like a man andgo. Don't take us down with you because, unlike you, Rovers may never return to the topflight.

And if you like your pay-packet too much to abandon it now. I hope John Williams, Robert Coar and that lot, have the balls to say goodbye. There's no room for sentimentality.

After watching certain players stroll about today, I don't think they could careless

Disagree. It's not as if the players don't care - but they are all completely devoid of confidence. They are scared of making mistakes.

Nothing's going to boost confidences until we win. And in our current rut, we ain't going to win.

Solution, replace Souness and hope the new man gives the players a new lease of life.

To be honest I don't think KSB is a wind-up merchant.

He just has very firmly-held views.

I am not a wind up merchant but a supporter of Blackburn Rovers for the last 40 years.

I am and never have been a supporter of Graham Souness.

I have consistently said that Souness will take the club down and I still stand by it.

Players have consistently told me how much they have no respect for the manager.

Kennysuperbuyer does not mean in any way that I think we bought the title, far from it, it means that Kenny was a brilliant buyer of players and a man I have the greatest respect for in what he achieved at the club.

SOUNESS IS'NT FIT TO LACE KENNY'S MANAGERIAL BOOTS OR EVEN HIS PLAYERS BOOTS.

HAVE U ALL UNDERSTOOD THAT BY NOW OR SHOULD I SPELL IT OUT YET AGAIN.

If he doesn't resign and we lose to Fulhum he should be sacked.

We never sack managers. Our board is too soft. They would rather see us down than doing the decent thing.

GO NOW SOUEY. FOR THE SAKE OF THIS CLUB WALK QUICKLY AWAY.

I'm fairly sure we gave Woy the boot, or maybe that was Tim Sherwood ohmy.gif

I have to say until today I was behind GS. After the Liverpool game I felt sacking him now would make no difference but he should go in the summer, but today we've had the same tired old excuses and another big match that has been a let down.

Souness must go and go now, put Parkes in charge for Monday, if GS is sacked maybe the players will realise how deep we're in and pull their socks up.

I'm a big fan of Souness but this season some decisions have been baffling. My main gripes apart from the really deep #### we're in, from recent games are:

1) Why change the bench every game?

2) Why drop or change a player's position after a man of the match performance? I mean Todd after Newcastle, Nissa after City.

3) Why change the left & right midfielders over after 10 minutes? Then change them back again on and off for the rest of the game.

4) Against Portsmouth why was Grey the only left footed player substituted?

5) Amoruso, why?

If Souness was to go who would we have instead?

I have heard a romour that Hughes will come at the start of next season as boss since he apparently has a soft spot for rovers. Apart from Strachen who's most probably going to Leeds, there isn't anyone out there I'd want. The other name I've heard mentioned is Newell.

Souness has run out of ideas, and is trying out anything he can possibly think of.

Did anyone see tonight`s Premiership?

Yes! We were a main featured game, but for the wrong reasons, and we won`t be on again for a long time.

They had the camera focused on both managers, particuarly Souness, who looked defeated after Leeds scored.

In his interview he was annoyed by the arrogant comment the ref gave to him.

We`ve heard that excuse for ages Graeme, simply if you forget about the penalty, apart from Cole`s effort, Robinson`s save, we didn`t really look like threatening Leeds, apart from the late goal.

Simply, we`re not good enough to stay in this league, it may be hard to swallow, but it`s the truth.

tinykit.gif

I don't want us to sack him- why should that t***er get another big payoff from us (he's been paid all season to do nothing)

A friend of mine (not me-honest but I almost danced with glee when she said it) suggested that all the rovers fans there today (about 23,000) should donate £1 each. She was sure we'd find a decent hit-man for that money.

I laughed- for only the second time today (the first was at the sheer ineptitude of our first goal)

I don't honestly think he's either honest or decent enough to resign.

Oh, and KSB is absolutely right- he is not and never was fit to lace Kenny's boots.

I don't want us to sack him- why should that t***er get another big payoff from us (he's been paid all season to do nothing)

A friend of mine (not me-honest but I almost danced with glee when she said it) suggested that all the rovers fans there today (about 23,000) should donate £1 each. She was sure we'd find a decent hit-man for that money.

I laughed- for only the second time today (the first was at the sheer ineptitude of our first goal)

I don't honestly think he's either honest or decent enough to resign.

Oh, and KSB is absolutely right- he is not and never was fit to lace Kenny's boots.

So contracting a hitman on Souness' life is funny to you blink.gifunsure.gif

Everyone should have donated a £5 note (crisp, if you like) and the total offered to Souness as the Golden Handshake

The rumour I heard today was that Coar had told Souness that it was time to get rid of Saunders. However,it's written into Souness's contract that he can pick his own coach so he told Coar where to go. On another link someone posted about the look on Coar's face after their first goal. Maybe it fits in.

People are quick to forget what Graeme has done at Rovers. He took a pretty mediocre first division team, and got them promoted in his first full season. In his first season in the Premier we finish a very respectable 10th and win a trophy. Next season we finished an impressive 6th, and reached the semi final of the league cup again. All this with an unfashionable northern club with attendances not in the top 20 teams in the country. I'd like to thank Graeme for some fantastic memories, the wins against Burnley, getting promoted at Deepdale, winning the league cup. You could see today after the game how much he was hurting. He cares- his players have let him down. I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes, and I believe it is time for him to go, but please don't crucify the man. He's been the longest serving Rovers manager since Kenny for a reason- he's done a good job. Sorry to post this on a different thread- but I just wanted to stick up for the man. Even if he does go- lets remember what he's done for us. I'd love it if he turned it round now, but it just seems he's finally run out of ideas.

Thanks Graeme.

Rick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.