BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brum. Preview & Predictions.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll got for 1-1. Cole to get Rovers off the mark. Brum to equalise controversially near the end and Souness lose it with the referee.

WOW WHAT A PREDICTION!!? rolleyes.gifdry.gif

It wasn't a disastrous result. Souey looked really p*ssed-off with Brum's equaliser. I'm glad that even on the last day of the season GS still was burning with passion... probably because that goal made us lose £1m and possibly restrict us more in the transfer market..

I see Damien Johnson was giving it his all......funny how players give 110% against their former clubs... they should be giving that for every game on their wages..

A couple of weeks ago every supporter would have thought 15th place to be a dream finale.

We should have had Birmingham yesterday but I just thank God that this car-crash of a season is over.

Edited by Rovermatt

my summary (I am seriously suffering withdrawals !!)

Enckleman - rammed taunts down the brummies throats

gray - good outing

reid - should have had more down the right hand side

nissa - solid won everything almost

short - flat footed but solid

tugay - huffed and puffed and tried too hard when the easier ball was on

douglas - played much better than of late but still shows a lack of pace/knowledge of the game and positioning

andreson - broke play up well

flitcroft - played well

cole - good game and worked hard

stead - same solid outing

emerton - a big enigma still. has all the space and pace and constantly gives the ball away

neill - solid but fouled for the goal

Gally - not enough time to do anything

Souness - cannot understand his perserverance with douglas but he can obviously see more than us 24000 hardy Rovers fans can see. His tactics were spot on in the second 45 so why did he get wrong in the first half ?

fans - good send off for the team after a very dodgy season.

funniest thing apart from the ref getting knocked over by Short was the little drama outside.

"Hardman"runs up to opposition supporter hands raised and faced athunder, shouting and raving "come on then"! Cue little opposition fan (rovers supporter) one punch and brum fan flat out with a cut head. Classic I have never seen a more comical incident in ages. tinykit.gifrolleyes.gif

Agree with 1864 that the atmosphere and support was very good considering the season we have had,VERY encouraging indeed for next season.It does appear that our hardcore support has increased since our time in the premierleague...can only bode well for the future:tu:

BRING ON THE SEASON TICKET RENEWALS!!! rover.gif

...I just thank God that this car-crash of a season is over.

I am gutted that yesterday's result cost us over £1 million!!!

I know everyone is in 'oh well we stayed up' mode, but I cant forget how poor this season has been.

I am not going to start 'Souness Out' rants, but there are still questions I have about his managerial technique and team selections. Case in point again yesterday - we finally have a left winger fit and starting a match, so Souness plays him at right-back!! Reid did ok, and Douglas has played on the left a lot, but I'd rather have only one player out of position instead of two.

I am very worried about next season already.

The home support wasn't that loud, actually probarbly the quietest i have heard in my 4 visits to Ewood. Funniest chant of the day from you lot was when about 100 started chanting "Shall we sing a song for you" laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Was a cracking day out, topped off by top support from the Brum fans. Enckleman took the banter well and gave us a smile lol, which was good to see.

Just wish all away games could be like this, but due to pathetic policing and stewarding it wont be mad.gif

I know everyone is in 'oh well we stayed up' mode, but I cant forget how poor this season has been.

I am not going to start 'Souness Out' rants, but there are still questions I have about his managerial technique and team selections. Case in point again yesterday - we finally have a left winger fit and starting a match, so Souness plays him at right-back!! Reid did ok, and Douglas has played on the left a lot, but I'd rather have only one player out of position instead of two.

No point in worrying about something outside your control Kiwi, unless you plan on 'fixing' Souey that is. tongue.gif

Rovers will confound anything we may do with their unpredictability.

Much as I'm sure Souness knows where each player will best be used, I'm not sure what he was up to either. You've got it a bit the wrong way around though. Reid isn't a left-winger, he's hardly a right-winger in my book he's so poor, but he's definitely not a left-winger. Douglas is a right-back though, apparantly, not like he's been given a proper shot there though.

Souness isn't perfect, but he's better than anybody we could expect to get if we got rid of him, and it's not worth taking that chance, for me, you can never be sure how a manager will perform at a new club. Certainly better than that Paul Sturrock anyways wink.gif

Edited by Dr Rich

Agree. Am already getting worried.

The quality is there but for some reason it just isn't working. Take the second half we did everything right but still ended up conceeding a goal and dropping a few places and a lot of cash.

As for the first half it was ugly to watch. I've never seen a team play so narrow before, although with four centre mids it shouldn't have been a surprise. At least when Brett and Neil came on we had a bit of width and the team seemed to benefit from that, playing some decent football.

The thing which most underlines how bad this season has been is how other clubs view us. Last season we considered ourselves must better than Birmingham and most fans on both sides and nutrals alike agreed. This season Birmingham see themselves as good as if not better than us, which shows how far we've fallen.

As for Reid he's not a left winger, and hasn't shown me any indication he could do an ok job there. Sadly his positional sense didn't seem that great at right back either. The bloke next to me reckoned he'd be sold in the summer. As for Douglas he adds nothing to the team, with this performance again underlining he's not Premiership class.

On a positive note though thought Tugay and Nissa were magnificent, and I'd be very interested to see how an Amo Nissa partnership would develop.

I think 1864Roverite has got it wrong. How you can give Flitcroft any kind of endorsement whilst criticising Tugay is to be kind, crazy. Flitty was anonymous, Tugay on the other hand was involved in nearly everything that was positive about Rovers' performance. He looked, for once, like the player of the last couple of seasons.

Douglas did very well too, linking with Gray on number of occasions. He fought well and played some nice stuff around the box.

The boys up from did well, with Cole putting in another excellent performance.

Reid was woeful and rightly substituted.

The home support wasn't that loud, actually probarbly the quietest i have heard in my 4 visits to Ewood. Funniest chant of the day from you lot was when about 100 started chanting "Shall we sing a song for you" laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

It was the loudest for me this season at Ewood!

The home support wasn't that loud, actually probarbly the quietest i have heard in my 4 visits to Ewood. Funniest chant of the day from you lot was when about 100 started chanting "Shall we sing a song for you" laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Is that because we were there?

In all fairness we were the only ones who kept the atmosphere going, if we hadn't it would of been non existant. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Blues fans saturday?

The home support wasn't that loud, actually probarbly the quietest i have heard in my 4 visits to Ewood. Funniest chant of the day from you lot was when about 100 started chanting "Shall we sing a song for you" laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

In all fairness we were the only ones who kept the atmosphere going, if we hadn't it would of been non existant. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Blues fans saturday?

Sorry but you were the quietest away fans all season

Suppose someone has to blow your trumpet smile.gif

Blues fans tend to make alot of noise. I thought you lot were quiet at times. Leading up to our goal you were having a go, then when we scored your lot was dead!

Anyway, fantastic news the baggies are coming up, them lot are a fantastic bunch of fans!

well put it this way fulham made more noise than you and they wernt dressed in womens clothes either ...you probaly rank 16th on noise....

you will always be the villas shadow.

Surely having a laugh?

Hmmm, funny that because in the boozer after game we was one of the loudest at your place this season according to a few Rovers fans. unsure.gif

They obviously haven't been much!

I've been told (As i wasn't there for either) Man United and Liverpool made the most noise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.