BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay To Pompey......

Ambivalent about this. I was hoping for Donnelly to be given more of a first team role with Tugay's departure, but now he'll probably get farmed out again.

However, if Tugay can rekindle his form, he'll be a very useful player next season. But note that huge word, 'if'.

Pleased if Douglas signs, but a four-year deal seems a bit OTT if thats what it is.

His form doesnt need to be rekindled. All he needs to do is keep playing the way he played over the last 4 months of the season. If he could do it then, its probably not as big an if as you suggest.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's LET has this Souness quote regarding Tugay:

"We haven't heard anything yet, but I'm confident he will be signing because he told me last week he would be signing. I'm not sure it's happened yet, but I can't say any more than that because he's in Turkey at this time."

So it looks as though Tugay's going to be around for at least another 12 months.

I just hope his invisible friend has found a new club! wink.gif

Edited by PABBY

We thought losing Duff was a huge blow. This wouldnt be far behind. When Tugay doesnt play, Rovers don't play. If he goes, we've got enormous problems.

I Know T4E thinks Tugay is a god but bloody hell , Duffer and Tugay in same quality league, nah sorry, maybe if they were the same age but PLEASE,.

Yeah he is good on his day when he plays 100% but that aint happened as often this season, maybe he's gettin too old to hack it week in week out.

sad.gif

You know I think he's a God? I've never spoken to you in my life, you have no idea what I think.

I stand by that point. I said "not far behind". Duff was fantastic when he was on top form, and he could have a lot of influence. But he was a left winger, and our record without him when he was a Rovers player was pretty good.

Tugay is the heart of almost everything we do, but at the moment we dont have anyone to replace him. The jury is out on Ferguson, and we need another season to decide if he can take his place.

For now, the re-signing of Tugay is essential.

Tugay and Duff in the same class? I'll have what you are having. Ooopps sorry you said quality league, not sure what you mean by that but I think I have an idea what you are getting at and I still disagree. But thats OK.

We thought losing Duff was a huge blow. This wouldnt be far behind. When Tugay doesnt play, Rovers don't play. If he goes, we've got enormous problems.

I Know T4E thinks Tugay is a god but bloody hell , Duffer and Tugay in same quality league, nah sorry, maybe if they were the same age but PLEASE,.

Yeah he is good on his day when he plays 100% but that aint happened as often this season, maybe he's gettin too old to hack it week in week out.

sad.gif

You know I think he's a God? I've never spoken to you in my life, you have no idea what I think.

I stand by that point. I said "not far behind". Duff was fantastic when he was on top form, and he could have a lot of influence. But he was a left winger, and our record without him when he was a Rovers player was pretty good.

Tugay is the heart of almost everything we do, but at the moment we dont have anyone to replace him. The jury is out on Ferguson, and we need another season to decide if he can take his place.

For now, the re-signing of Tugay is essential.

Tugay and Duff in the same class? I'll have what you are having. Ooopps sorry you said quality league, not sure what you mean by that but I think I have an idea what you are getting at and I still disagree. But thats OK.

I've re-read those posts several times over, and I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Either I totally mis read things or something has changed, it is no wonder you don't understand I don't either. They way I read it initially was that you were saying Tugay was in the same class as Duffer. This now seems not to be the case. Perhaps I went senile for a few minutes. Sorry.

• Backroom
biggrin.gif

rovers announce new contract is signed and that the 12th man has been given a free transfer rolleyes.gif

Great news !!

Erm where did the 12th man end up then... Luton? Bradford? tongue.gif

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.