BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay To Pompey......

More often than not from the footage I have seen, Tugay's balls to invisible friend have happened when the Rovers players around him have been hiding- not running into space or channels to create passing options.

And that's exactly how it looks to me from the terraces . If Tugay is given 2 or 3 options then he'll chose the right one - the one which lesser players wouldn't even notice .

The problem this season has been more about the limitations of the midfielders around Tugay than the player himself . Furthermore if the less enthusiastic and capable Flitcrofts and Emertons of this world had more about them , then Tugay would be able to preserve his energy a little longer.

As Revidge said earlier , the prospects of a totally run of the mill midfield (Ferguson has yet to blossom) is hardly mouth watering . Those of us who like to watch a bit of cultured football will surely be pi££ed off if this news is true.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More often than not from the footage I have seen, Tugay's balls to invisible friend have happened when the Rovers players around him have been hiding- not running into space or channels to create passing options.

And that's exactly how it looks to me from the terraces . If Tugay is given 2 or 3 options then he'll chose the right one - the one which lesser players wouldn't even notice .

The problem this season has been more about the limitations of the midfielders around Tugay than the player himself . Furthermore if the less enthusiastic and capable Flitcrofts and Emertons of this world had more about them , then Tugay would be able to preserve his energy a little longer.

As Revidge said earlier , the prospects of a totally run of the mill midfield (Ferguson has yet to blossom) is hardly mouth watering . Those of us who like to watch a bit of cultured football will surely be pi££ed off if this news is true.

Hear hear, Phil and Phil.

Hear hear, Phil and Phil.

Phil and Phil's observations have also been made in the Roversmum household.

One other thing noted - Tugay's at his best in the warmer weather...

Having said all I have on this thread, if Tugay stayed, that would also be OK. It would leave a daft number of central midfield players at the club, but when on form Tugay is great. Someone in our squad should perhaps leave in the next season or two though, as any promising young central midfielder would not get a chance. I don't know, perhaps we can't lose either way in the long run.

Alternatively...... having both Tugay and Berkovitz sharing the midfield creative duties is certainly an interesting and mouth watering prospect and one which could well pay dividends.  Given GS's relationship with Berko I would'nt mind  turning the tables by hanging onto Toogs and bringing Eyal back.  We could fund it by selling Emerton who would be superflous to requirements in that system.  Top strikers cost big money that neither club can afford BUT whilst the wages would be high for one position these two possess the God-given ability to make ordinary strikers deadly.  Overall they could be the best value for money pairing in the Prem!

Opposing teams would slice through our midfield like a hot knife through butter.

Try reading the preceding paragraph a little slower DP cos I already made that point. When I suggested they shared the midfield duties I didn't mean that I wanted them both on the pitch at the same time but rather gave one 60 mins one week and the other the same the week after depending on opposition and form. Could save us a fortune in trying to find expensive and temperamental strikers as my mum would get 15 goals a season in front of those two.

• Backroom
According to the Sunday People,

According to the Sunday People and other national rags everyone in Blackburn stiil wear flat caps and take ferrets for walks down smog filled cobble streets dry.gif

Don't shoot me.... I'm only the messenger ! tongue.gif

from thesun.co.uk

TUGAY is ready to snub a new deal at Blackburn to seal a free transfer to Galatasaray.

The Turkey international, out of contract at Ewood Park this summer, has been offered the chance to stay for another year by boss Graeme Souness.

But Galatasaray are set to hijack Souness’ bid after opening talks with the midfielder, who joined Blackburn for £1.3million from Rangers in 2001.

Tugay, 33, spent the first 12 years of his career with the Istanbul giants and admits he is tempted by a return.

He said: “Blackburn have offered me a contract but we put that on hold when Galatasaray made an offer.

“I’m very settled in England but playing

for Galatasaray in their centenary year sounds appealing to me.

“If I return to Galatasaray I will retire there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from thesun.co.uk

TUGAY is ready to snub a new deal at Blackburn to seal a free transfer to Galatasaray.

The Turkey international, out of contract at Ewood Park this summer, has been offered the chance to stay for another year by boss Graeme Souness.

But Galatasaray are set to hijack Souness’ bid after opening talks with the midfielder, who joined Blackburn for £1.3million from Rangers in 2001.

Tugay, 33, spent the first 12 years of his career with the Istanbul giants and admits he is tempted by a return.

He said: “Blackburn have offered me a contract but we put that on hold when Galatasaray made an offer.

“I’m very settled in England but playing

for Galatasaray in their centenary year sounds appealing to me.

“If I return to Galatasaray I will retire there.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if he goes then maybe we could turn the tables and move for Berkovitz. If we are intending using the tactics that we employed in the last few games there are few better.

I'm not too keen on loan deals as it's more for short term problems rather than the long term benefit of the team. End of that season you've still got the same problem.

Even though I don't think Tugay would be starting every game, loosing him would mean that there would be a severe lack of creativity in the squad. Perhaps if he leaves Berkovich or Carrick as a creative replacement?

Yeah he's fairly creative, and a good passer of the ball. He's always looked good when I've seen him (although admittedly that hasn't been much.) Also he's in his last year of his contract with West Ham so won't be costing mega bucks.

As for Berkovich I know he's moody but he played well for us before and Souey knows the player so should be able to get the best out of him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.