BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stolen by the Ref

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Terry where were you for a header for the Portugal goal.

Referee what game were you watching for the goal that you wrongly disallowed.

Vasell where were your balls to take a penalty in the first 5? Your a striker? Well I wasn't surprised that you missed your penalty.

Enough excuses and questions. Horribly disappointed.

HMMMMM, should I start quoting all who predicted England to win and ask them about eating crow???

Not if you value your good reputation on the board American, at least not yet. Some of us may still be a little sore...

HMMMMM, should I start quoting all who predicted England to win and ask them about eating crow???

Maybe you should wink.gif A couple of them did the same towards those who predicted they'd get knocked out in the group stages.

Entertaining game, quite even too. Had Rooney not been forced to go off it might have ended differently. But I think that overall, Portugal deserved it.

However I'd have prefered England to go through, since I think we'd have a much better chance vs them in an eventual semi final.

We looked good, scored a early goal then we lost Rooney, people say were not a one man team, but after we lost Rooney we seemed lost,

We defended very deep in second half conceded the goal, we have to feel we were cheated/robbed over the disallowed goal, we came back well to bring it to 2-2 and as we have experienced before going to penalties we just cant seemed to do it.

Come on The Czech Republic

Does anyone have the address to FIFA's headquarters? huh.gif What a blatant fix - we weren't watching football we were watching ballet. Now even if you can look past that poor refereeing throughout the match you surely can't warrant an unsighted referee overturning the decision of the linesman for the last minute goal, can you huh.gif

We weren't at our best, but deserved the win. No blame Darius, that took bottle thumbs-up.gif

Conspiracy theory time....

Which team won the toss and said you take the first one down that end?

Which keeper was stood over the penalty spot, arguing with the ref. till the last possible moment?

Which English player would have been expected to take the first penalty having fallen over taking one in a previous tournement, and who may fall foul of an interfered with penalty spot?

Why did the penalty spot become quick sand?

and..

Was it me or did a cunningly disguised JCB digger appear in the box for a couple of minutes, before the penalty shoot out?

The public, and the voices in my head have the right to know..

sad.gif

Guess Meier must have been bitter 'cos we beat the Swiss 3-0, because that is the worst display by a referee I have seen for many a year.

He wasn't the only factor behind our defeat but he's the easiest target.

In truth our performance didn't merit a win, losing Rooney was a massive psychological blow and we just retreated into our own half for the next 70-odd minutes. Beckham was, in a word, terrible. How much longer can we carry a player who is only useful for set-pieces? (I'm sure I'll review this statement tomorrow when I've calmed down, but right now it feels good writing it)

[through gritted teeth] I hope Portugal win it now.

Gutted. Absolutely Gutted.

Maybe you should wink.gif A couple of them did the same towards those who predicted they'd get knocked out in the group stages.

Entertaining game, quite even too. Had Rooney not been forced to go off it might have ended differently. But I think that overall, Portugal deserved it.

However I'd have prefered England to go through, since I think we'd have a much better chance vs them in an eventual semi final.

As you must well know you've got little chance of getting there.

We looked good, scored a early goal then we lost Rooney, people say were not a one man team, but after we lost Rooney we seemed lost,

We defended very deep in second half conceded the goal, we have to feel we were cheated/robbed over the disallowed goal, we came back well to bring it to 2-2 and as we have experienced before going to penalties we just cant seemed to do it.

Come on The Czech Republic

Even if Rooney was in the team, it would have been the same. It was the same against France. In my opinion what this match showed was-in how poor condition the English players were in. The Portuguese ran and ran and ran while the English players stood in their position trying to recover from the last attack.

I remember how our players reacted when Hodgson brought in that Italian fitness coach and we trained twice a day. All the training the players do throughout the year- it's in situations like this that it shows and I felt the English players looked tired far quicker than you would expect from a strong squad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.