BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

At the end of the day the bottom line is footy is a means to be entertained

But the whole point is that it is about so much more than that. I go to the Cinema, Concert, etc etc to be entertained. I go to the football to support my team, because it's what I do basically like thousands of others you included.

Of course you want to be entertained who doesn't but surely things like that are secondary in the list of reasons why you go.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sit in one of the most expensive areas because I have sat there more years than I care to remember with a number of people as well as my wife.Non-renewal was a consideration after the very poor season in the 1st Division. It was also when I came to renew-I'd forgotten how much I'd paid-after last season's appalling displays.

It might not be as much as a fan pays for their season ticket at another club, but so what? In my opinion £1,000 is a lot to pay for 2 season tickets and I could do a lot of things with it.

92er – Where ever you choose to sit is entirely up to you. My opinion on it is that everyone watches the same game and I don’t mind where I sit particularly.

The best seats I presume are the Jack Walker Stand, Upper Tier. I’ve never been up there but I have heard that it is a very good view to watch the game.

£1000 for two season tickets does sound like a lot of money, however for the price of each game it isn’t a lot, it’s a very good deal.

92er – You could sit in another part of the ground and save some money, like I said it’s up to you where you choose to sit.

Football today is a very expensive hobby and because of the expense has seen a decline in the attendances compared to fifteen years ago.

I go to the Rovers, because I enjoy the football. I would like to be entertained but at times you’re not always guaranteed. I go because I’ve been going for many years and it’s a tradition. Every week there’s a game and I look forward to it. I’ve renewed and it’s cost me £210, considering the price of it, is it value for money? Definitely.

i think there is too much emphasis on the numbers of tickets sold etc. Just because someone does not renew their ticket does not mean that they will not go to the matches. £370 is still a lot of money to fork out at one go. Supporters have every right to be selective in the games they watch. It is up to the club to provide entertainment on the pitch and then people will come. Many fans like to pay on the day as they cannot predict with any certainty that they will be able to go each week.

Well said tonygreenbank.

Because someone is fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket doesnt mean they are a better fan than someone who pays at the gate.

I also have to agree with Abbey, people even though they support the Rovers, they still want value for their money and want to be entertained. Can anyone honestly say we were entertained last season.

Souness's continued comments each season about premiership survival is the main aim, doesnt inspire confidence or season ticket sales. Wouldnt it be better if he was to state,

Our aim is to finish as high as possible and have a good cup run.

Or is that asking a bit to much.

Come hell or high water, (whatever that means) there will be a hard core who will renew season tickets, but unless there is continued success on the playing field, even with £10 per game, Rovers will not increase their ticket sales or fan base. Fair weather supporters, only want to be associated with a successful team.

Season ticket sales will be down due to last seasons lack of entertainment / success at Ewood, lack of passion by the players for a large proportion of the season and the failure during the summer to make any exciting transfer signings. (Hopefully the new winger will prove me wrong on that account.)

Rovers only hope is that the season starts well and are riding high when half season tickets go on sale around christmas.

Spot on Alan

I'd also add the home fixture with Utd is crucial as it comes so early in the season. Rovers need to:

1. Ensure purchasing a ticket is simple - good weather, bank holiday etc may convince a lot of last minute punters to attend

2. Advertise the fixture

3. Contact everyone who went to the same match last season.

4. Then the team MUST put on a decent display. A massive game just two weeks into the season. A good win over Utd would set up the crowd AND ticket sales for weeks to come.

2. Advertise the fixture

3. Contact everyone who went to the same match last season.

Problem is of course that Rovers appear not to go for the proactive marketing of match tickets. When I didn't renew my season ticket a few season ago, I didn't hear from the club for 3 years (and then it was only becuase I initiated contact.) I had been going to matches but someone else was buying the tickets so had no purchase history in my name -this then made it difficult to buy tickets last season (at the beginning of the season for the big games).

i think there is too much emphasis on the numbers of tickets sold etc.

The club quite rightly place a lot of emphasis on number of tickets sold. It's what pays the bills and more importantly allows us to compete or not.

Just because someone does not renew their ticket does not mean that they will not go to the matches.

Attendances last season would suggest differently but obviously that was because the club wasn't entertaining. We didn't even sell out on the 1st day of the season.

£370 is still a lot of money to fork out at one go.

Direct Debit scheme?

It is up to the club to provide entertainment on the pitch and then people will come.

What like finishing 6th in the league you mean? Yes that worked didn't the fans flocked in after that. Except 2000 fans decided enough was enough after that disgraceful season.

Because someone is fortunate enough to be able to afford a season ticket doesnt mean they are a better fan than someone who pays at the gate.

No it doesn't make them any better but both those are a damn site better than someone who doesn't go at all. Let's not beat around the bush with sentimental rubbish of course someone who goes every week is a better fan than someone who doesn't. That's common sense. If I was a customer in any other industry and spent 10 x more than someone else i'd be a better customer, not necessarily a better supporter but a better customer no doubt.

At the end of the day that is the crux of it, it's customers that will keep this club in the Premiership, not people sitting at home bitching about the lack of entertainment down at Ewood.

If I was a customer in any other industry and spent 10 x more than someone else i'd be a better customer, not necessarily a better supporter but a better customer no doubt.

And if the quality of service and product wasnt up to the mark, wouldnt you go and spend your money elsewhere.

At the end of the day that is the crux of it, it's customers that will keep this club in the Premiership, not people sitting at home bitching about the lack of entertainment down at Ewood.

The customer is going to sit at home, if the entertainment isnt up to the standard expected.

MANCHESTER BLUE ,maybe entertainment was the wrong word.ENJOYMENT ?surely we are all rovers fans because we enjoy it,I mean if we want to pay near 400 quid a year doing something we dont like we could our wives to choose us something far more less enjoyable.

Let's take the rough with the smooth shall we?

Last year was not good, but over the last twelve years we have had more than our share of good times.

Last night I was out with an Everton fan whose son is a season ticket holder there (at Ewood he would be a young adult but they don't do those at Goodison) and he still pays £20 more than my own ticket in the Blackburn End.

Our ticket pricing is virtually the best in the PL if not the best.

Last year was rough, this year will be smooth. Get down and buy one.

If I was a customer in any other industry and spent 10 x more than someone else i'd be a better customer, not necessarily a better supporter but a better customer no doubt.

And if the quality of service and product wasnt up to the mark, wouldnt you go and spend your money elsewhere.

The customer is going to sit at home, if the entertainment isnt up to the standard expected.

And as I said earlier if you can honestly say that you treat going to the Rovers in the same way as other entertainment then i'd be amazed. When was the last time you jumped up and down at a film you enjoyed.

The problem is CLB, that the majority of members of this board are die hard Rovers supporters, who would whenever possible buy a season ticket, even if Rovers were in the second or whatever they call it now.

In my opinion, the only way Rovers are going to entice the wavering public, is with success on the field.

MANCHESTER BLUE ,maybe entertainment was the wrong word.ENJOYMENT ?surely we are all rovers fans because we enjoy it,I mean if we want to pay near 400 quid a year doing something we dont like we could our wives to choose us something far more less enjoyable.

Don't disagree with you there Abbey, of course it should be enjoyable and last year at home wasn't. I was fortunate in being able to afford to go to a lot of aways which largely were enjoyable so it was slightly different but I can't dispute that at home it was fairly depressing for long spells.

However surely one fairly poor season can't justify losing thousands off the gate when we have frozen what are already the best prices.

The problem is CLB, that the majority of members of this board are die hard Rovers supporters, who would whenever possible buy a season ticket, even if Rovers were in the second or whatever they call it now.

In my opinion, the only way Rovers are going to entice the wavering public, is with success on the field.

I know i'm repeating myself and for that I apologise but I would ask you once again if success on the field will get the fans on then how do you explain finishing 6th and 2000 not renewing.

I know i'm repeating myself and for that I apologise but I would ask you once again if success on the field will get the fans on then how do you explain finishing 6th and 2000 not renewing.

I havent got all the answers, if I did I'd patent it. What I would suggest is that the loss of star players who entertained the public, didnt help.

I havent got all the answers, if I did I'd patent it. What I would suggest is that the loss of star players who entertained the public, didnt help.

Exactly, that was our best finish ever for a very long time, yet a number of Rovers fans didn’t renew for what ever reason.

My reasons for this are the sales of Duff and Dunn, probably, If not the two best players that have come out from the Academy Policy. I think, although I’m not absolutely sure is that didn’t the price of season tickets rise as well?

Surely it’ll be another loss of 2000 for the season coming up.

sad.gif

Very well put Manc Blue,couldn't agree more.If 'entertainment value' was the main reason for renewing of season tickets then admittedly we'd probably be down to about 1,000 season ticket holders after last seasons poor fare but gladly we have better fans than that who no doubt remember the bad days of the 70's and 80's..... WE'VE STILL NEVER HAD IT SO GOOD FOLKS!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I know i'm repeating myself and for that I apologise but I would ask you once again if success on the field will get the fans on then how do you explain finishing 6th and 2000 not renewing

.....It`s all a matter of finances. Each year i consider buying a season ticket, i also have other things i need to do in life...i.e...i need to buy two new double glazed windows for my house, i could do with a new suite in my lounge, i may want to go on holiday & i am thinking of putting an extension on my house. Each year i list my 'things to do' in order of priority.

If i think i can afford a season ticket, then i will buy one.

I`m sure other people have similar things to consider. Football can be a very expensive passtime.

.....It`s all a matter of finances. Each year i consider buying a season ticket, i also have other things i need to do in life...i.e...i need to buy two new double glazed windows for my house, i could do with a new suite in my lounge, i may want to go on holiday & i am thinking of putting an extension on my house. Each year i list my 'things to do' in order of priority.

If i think i can afford a season ticket, then i will buy one.

I`m sure other people have similar things to consider. Football can be a very expensive passtime.

To be honest i think getting a Rovers season ticket should be on top of everyones "to do lists" because if you love the club you would do anything to get your hands on a season ticket.

Whatever. Kids, mortgage, new windows, value for money.

The fact is that it's all down to individual choice, supply and demand.

Rovers fans know damn well that they can get in to any home game they want to because there are more seats than bums to sit on them.

All this guff about quality of entertainment is rubbish. If we were Wolves fans we'd have all been in the queue in APRIL to renew STs, regardless of entertainment, results, star players or even level of competition. Because we want to be in the ground for the games.

Rovers have pulled out all the stops to offer the best value season tickets IN THE COUNTRY. Because we're paying lower division prices for top division football. And people are still complaining.

I thought I read somewhere that the direct debit deadline has been extended until mid July. Is this true?

If so, perhaps the figures are really as a bad as some are suggesting.

I think that although the club gave an official direct debit deadline, you will be able to apply via this upto the start of the season. Apparently this happened last season too, but the club arent great at comunicating basic information like this to us. Basically, the official DD deadline applies for the regular payemnt schedule. If you apply after the deadline you will have to pay 2 or 3 months at once up front, then you will be able to pay the rest as per the regular scheme. Hope that makes sense!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.