BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

One aspect of the ST sales that has not been discussed is the gulf between the players and fans. It seems the tolerance level amongst fans in general for poor performances from these multi-millionaires is decreasing all the time. I feel this is a national trend but one that impacts more significantly at Ewood.

Rovers have a very small population to draw from, upset a % of fans with poor performances or perceived "not trying" and the impact is significant. The club need to be aware, and make the players aware , of the need to connect with the fans and bridge the divide. This doesn't mean more glad-handing at the local hospital but a serious demonstration of committment to Blackburn Rovers and the local people.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One aspect of the ST sales that has not been discussed is the gulf between the players and fans. It seems the tolerance level amongst fans in general for poor performances from these multi-millionaires is decreasing all the time. I feel this is a national trend but one that impacts more significantly at Ewood.

Rovers have a very small population to draw from, upset a % of fans with poor performances or perceived "not trying" and the impact is significant. The club need to be aware, and make the players aware , of the need to connect with the fans and bridge the divide. This doesn't mean more glad-handing at the local hospital but a serious demonstration of committment to Blackburn Rovers and the local people.

Correct Paul and well put.

Yet again it takes a wiseman to re-iterate what is said every year but the Club does not seem to take notice.

I have said time and time again especially about JW, that I think the club are way out of touch with with what the fans think and feel

I don't know what goes on it the Fans forum meetings but nothing of any significance appears to come out of them - or at least is not made known and it all appears to be kept very secret.

Rovers fans are not bothered about whether we have the cheapest Season Tickets or what is going on at other clubs - its what happens on the pitch. Add to that the poor atmosphere at games and people just don't feel the enjoyment value is there - other things attract and negative feelings eminating from the club do not help.

Even if the season tickets had been lowered by £100, I doubt this would have attracted anymore season ticket holders - possibly made most existing ones to continue - but as to whether it would make an impact on sales of new ones is debatable.

If i had a family, mortgage etc that i had to pay for and i had a choice.

I could go on holiday and blow it all in two weeks, buy double glazing or wotever or maybe go on a shopping trip or buy a season ticket etc i would still choose Season ticket over any of them

I need to take Driving lessons but like i said to my dad, iv got plenty of years to drive so for now il have a season ticket n then when i can afford both il do both.

I could go on holiday and blow it all in two weeks, buy double glazing or wotever or maybe go on a shopping trip or buy a season ticket etc i would still choose Season ticket over any of them

I need to take Driving lessons but like i said to my dad, iv got plenty of years to drive so for now il have a season ticket n then when i can afford both il do both.

Well that's one good thing I suppose, one less clown on the road for the time being thumbs-up.gif

Well that's one good thing I suppose, one less clown on the road for the time being thumbs-up.gif

Ha ha thanks biggrin.gif

Be a bit draughty Hughesy without any windows though wouldn't it? I mean Mrs Hughesy and the young Hughesy kids aren't gonna be best pleased if you're buying a season ticket and there's no windows in the front room. Sure it's OK now but come November it'll be a different story. It'll not be so funny when your children get covered in snow whilst they're trying to watch the Telletubbies I can assure you of that.

Driving lessons can wait though, fair enough, but windows in the front room do have to come first for some of us. Personally I'd be looking to get a S.T. up front and pay for the windows in a series of monthly payments over 12 months. Failing that just sell your kids and the whole problem is solved. Maybe that's something Rovers need to be promoting?

I think the main reason our ST sales are poor is the fact you can go to the ground on match days and buy one.

Also our home form has not been great as has the atmosphere, so i would rather go to away games. Better atmosphere, better supporters and usually better performances and results.

I know a few ST holders who have not renewed so they could go to less home games and afford to go to more away games.

Away games are more enjoyable, simple as that. Even more so last season due to the fact we could actually win a match away! I also spoke to a lot of people when the fixtures were released, few of whom were thinking of going to West Brom at home, most of them were lining up the away trips.

It's ###### to say that this will have a big effect on season ticket sales anyway though given that our average away following is under 1000 bloody people!

I know a few ST holders who have not renewed so they could go to less home games and afford to go to more away games.

Those people are sadly misguided IMO. What state would the club be in if everyone followed that example?

sad.gif

What’s the point?

Live Revidge said the club would be in a poor state if that did happen.

Does that mean they’ll go every single away game? Probably not.

I love going to away games because there’s a different atmosphere created, but I also like going to the home games because you see the same old faces every week.

If they’re not renewing but want to go away games they won’t have priority in getting away tickets. I know more likely than not we won’t sell out, but what’s the point in fans doing that?

Those people are sadly misguided IMO. What state would the club be in if everyone followed that example?

sad.gif

What’s the point?

Live Revidge said the club would be in a poor state if that did happen.

Does that mean they’ll go every single away game? Probably not.

I love going to away games because there’s a different atmosphere created, but I also like going to the home games because you see the same old faces every week.

If they’re not renewing but want to go away games they won’t have priority in getting away tickets. I know more likely than not we won’t sell out, but what’s the point in fans doing that?

Maybe they are misgiuded.

I'm not saying its right or wrong its just another reason why some fans are not renewing. I don't know whether work commitments played a part as well as games being switched to sundays and midweek for sky.

People only have so much money and if they want to get to away games as well as home matches thats fair enough. I can understand why they haven't renewed ph34r.gif

In the meantime , Hughsie , you can start saving up for a season ticket for the car parks . At the rate it goes up every year , by the time you learn to drive , it'll cost more than the footy season ticket...! mad.gif

And a big clap to those people!.... take money from Rovers and put it into the coffers of the opposing team,the genius if it blink.gif

Their job isn't to provide Rovers with as much money as possible. They pay to enjoy whatever match they're watching. Financially, it isn't the best thing for Rovers, but people shouldn't be criticised for it. Its all personal preference.

rover.gif with my season ticket going down £70 this season i will be purchasing another junior season ticket,taking the total to 3 which i hold,junior uses 1 and this season 2 off his friends will come along,if you can afford i urge all roverites to do this,take your brother/sister/nephew/niece/next door nieghbour/or a dreaded dingle because my efforts last season have been wotrth it as juniors mate and dad will be regular's. tinykit.gif

We have, and have had for years an apathetic public when it comes to Rovers.  Most of them seem to need only half an excuse to not go.

And others think that living thousands of miles away in the US is an excuse not to attend home matches too! Get on that plane lad, flying the Atlantic's never been cheaper.

We have, and have had for years an apathetic public when it comes to Rovers.  Most of them seem to need only half an excuse to not go.

And others think that living thousands of miles away in the US is an excuse not to attend home matches too! Get on that plane lad, flying the Atlantic's never been cheaper.

You gunna pay for him Jim??

According to today's LET sales are not as bad as initially feared.

Already broken through the 10,000 barrier which is slightly down on the same stage last year. Club hoping for a "late surge." People who haven't so far renewed being targeted.

There is also a picture of new skipper Bazza holding up the new season ticket cards. They're in blue and white halves with the Club crest and look very snappy.

There is also a picture of new skipper Bazza holding up the new season ticket cards. They're in blue and white halves with the Club crest and look very snappy.

To be honest I'd rather my card wasn't very snappy. Will we be able to get free replacements when they snap?!? Or will we have to pay for them?

Amateurish again Rovers, absolutely amateurish. Who designed the damn things? Dean Saunders no doubt.

mad.gif

Edited by Ossydave

Have they given any indication when these balsa wood "DeanoCards" are being sent out? By my calculations there are only 7 Saturdays left until the season starts? It's an absolute shambles of the highest order. I've never known anything like it. What if there's a mail strike or a war?

Bolton sent their Season Tickets (the old type, you know, a book *snigger*) out in March for heavens sake - before anyone had actually received renewal packs. Why can't we do that? What were we doing?!? *namby pamby voice* "Waiting to see which Division we'll be in" ! It's nothing short of pathetic. A nonsense. I'm that angry I've a good mind to write an e-mail to someone irrelevant.

I blame Beckham.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.