BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Sales?

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Said to me they had a big backlog of tickets to process and that if I paid by cheque there was no way it would be processed til next week.

Which was good news seeing as I get paid today and had nothing in the bank to clear it.

On a different note I know of at least a dozen non-renewals. One of which has held a s/t for the past 20 years. I'm not hopeful of 10,000 +

When i went down to renew mine, i also got an extra 1 for my bird and my mate also renewed his and the ticket office said that around us, in blackburn end lower, central, back that every1 had renewed.

So u never know

I went down to the ticket office around two weeks ago and they said it was just under 10,000.

I’ve renewed and I know that quite a few of my mates have as well. However there are quite a few who that I know of who aren’t renewing.

Perhaps if we have a good start to the first half of the season then it could hopefully tempt others in buying a half season ticket for the second half of the season.

sad.gif

no official or unofficial news.

Don't expect any news unless we break all records, its not exactly newsworthy otherwise

Pardon?

It's certainly headline news if sales have slumped.

Or is it a case that the club only likes to report "good" news.

Its all pure speculation, if the figure is accurate 10,000 is awful. Two seasons ago we had the best part of 15000. Burnley have 9000 FFS.

Yes, but with 8 weeks to go until the actual season starts don't you think that number will increase a bit?

no official or unofficial news.

Don't expect any news unless we break all records, its not exactly newsworthy otherwise

Pardon?

It's certainly headline news if sales have slumped.

Or is it a case that the club only likes to report "good" news.

Agree with Jim,slightly surprised by your reply Lee to be honest,how many season tickets we have sold IS newsworthy and should concern everybody connected to B.R.F.C.... whether board member or Blackburn Ender!

Its all pure speculation, if the figure is accurate 10,000 is awful.  Two seasons ago we had the best part of 15000.  Burnley have 9000 FFS.

Yes, but with 8 weeks to go until the actual season starts don't you think that number will increase a bit?

Probably not a huge amount, no.

The majority of season ticket sales will be renewals. The majority of renewals will wish to retain their seat so should have renewed already. Maybe there will be a late rush of new season ticket holders, but somehow I'm not too confident.

We may have sold more than is being speculated, I have no idea, merely making observations.

Does anyone have the stats as to how many season tickets Rovers have sold per year over the last 10 to 15 years or so?

I seem to remember that we have had approx 20k (at best). Maybe 15,000 is what Rovers should expect due to the fact we finished near the bottm of the league. Also the current economic climate etc.

Also we could read too much into the lack of news regarding season ticket numbers. The 'Window' to renew was very short so all the renewals arriving at Ewood in a short space of time would probably create a backlog.

This would IMO take some time to work through. Afterall this is still June.

To be honest I have no idea what the figures should be like at different times of the summer so I'll take your word for it. Hopefully we can get it up to the 15,000-17,000 mark, but that probably won't happen. Even if we don't, if the players go out there and play as they can, and start getting results like they did in the back end of the season, Ewood will fill up.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.