BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pne Away

We don't normally bother with preview threads for friendlies, but as I know there are quite a lot going to Preston I thought I'd give it a go.

That, and the fact it was suggested at Stockport last night that for Preston we meet in in a town centre pub (Wetherspoons ?) before the game and then drink around there rather than head to the ground (where the pubs are less away friendly).

So, anyone joining us for a beer ?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ll probably get the same train as you Ossydave into Preston probably.

Does anyone know where the pubs are in relation to the train station?

On row 37 for the game if that’s near anybody, should be a good laugh at Preston.

Apparently the museum is available to have a wonder round in before the game.

Come out the railway station (Butler St), right across the road is the Railway (Irish pub). At the top is the Vic. Turn right, either go down Corporation St to Ringway (inner relief road), turn right, Black Bull and Greyfriars up the road. Black Bull has beer garden. Across Ringway from Greyfriars and the Bull are a few pubs where you can sit outside. You can also get to these by walking up Fishergate (top of station) then turning down Lune St on left (good boozer called the Angel here). Before this is Fox St with two nice little boozers. Turn right at botom of either road for Greyfriars on your right up Ringway. I'll be knocking about there Saturday.

I'm meeting my Nan and my sister in the Greyfriars for lunch about 12.30, how convenient, I'll probably see a few of you in there then.

I am quite looking forward to this one, for the main reason that most of my mates are Preston fans, including my sister, so it makes for a good bit of banter before and after the game!!!

Anyone who is planning on driving down, the Toy Soldier is the best bet at Deepdale Retail Park, plenty of parking there (but it will take you a while to get out after the match.

Train, its a fair walk from the railway station to the ground, even broken up with pub stops. I am meeting a group of mates in Yates' in the City Centre and then getting a cab to the ground. Its only about £4 in a taxi or 95p each on the bus.

The town centre pubs can be a bit arsey with football fans, the Vic and the Railway are generally OK, directly outside the railway station. Spoons (The Greyfriar) wouldn't let me in on a none matchday as I was wearing my shirt!! Not sure if that is policy or an overzealous member of staff!!

The rest of the pubs on Friargate should be OK. MY particular favourite being Roper Hall on the right hand side.

I'll see you all at the ground.

Oh and if anyone gives two hoots, they are unveiling the Finney statue at 1pm.

Edited by stuwilky

If anyone is driving and wants to avoid the traffic, I suggest that they come off the M6 at Junct-31A (the new one north of the Tickled Trout junction). Park-up just off Watling Street Rd and head for the Summners...see you there!

10 or so of us are heading over on a train from Bburn around 10.30, not checked times yet. Is there anywhere with a decent beer garden?! Could do with one if the sun's out again cool.gif

you'll be on same as us, it leaves ossy bout 10.15

Im getting the train from Leeds at 09.18 with glenn and gets to Preston at 10.56 stops at Blackburn at 10.39 if anyone jumping on that train. See you all in Wetherspoons more likely than not. Nelsta you coming to the match??

okay fellow blues

just to let you kow a litele of the problems you will encounter tomorrow at deepdale.

firstly if your driving and want to avoid major traffic snags (this is because of the retail site in particular and general traffic) it will be better to use one of the park and rides UCi is a good one or the one near to strand road is another. its only 31.25 return and to park the car, the bus drops off in the City centre near the Yates Wine Bar, after that the ground is a 15 minute walk up deepdale rd past the nick !

if you want to park then stay away from the retail park and the toy soldier, on a good day getting off that place takes a good 30 minutes with shopping traffic.

Do mind where you park your vehicles in Preston. the locals enjoy writing on cars with nails and screwdrivers, they like car radios and cd's even better. They also revel in taking clothing from the rear seats. I would suggest anyone parking near the ribbleton lane end is taking a chance of their vehicle getting screwed or damaged.

stay away from the pubs near the ground as this is where "their boys" will be waiting. Someone mentioned the Vic near the railway station, this is another pne pub that will have the usual spotters in waiting for easy targets.

For leaving the area after the game, the easiest route back home is to head away towards Blackpool and drop down to the dock area and heading back to the motorway via Leyland. Its by far and away the quickets route even if it takes you a few more miles from your destination. You could even think about parking down there and getting another P and R to deepdale.

Just some local info from someone who has to work in this unfortunate place sad.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

okay fellow blues

just to let you kow a litele of the problems you will encounter tomorrow at deepdale.

firstly if your driving and want to avoid major traffic snags (this is because of the retail site in particular and general traffic) it will be better to use one of the park and rides UCi is a good one or the one near to strand road is another. its only 31.25 return and to park the car, the bus drops off in the City centre near the Yates Wine Bar, after that the ground is a 15 minute walk up deepdale rd past the nick !

if you want to park then stay away from the retail park and the toy soldier, on a good day getting off that place takes a good 30 minutes with shopping traffic.

Do mind where you park your vehicles in Preston. the locals enjoy writing on cars with nails and screwdrivers, they like car radios and cd's even better. They also revel in taking clothing from the rear seats. I would suggest anyone parking near the ribbleton lane end is taking a chance of their vehicle getting screwed or damaged.

stay away from the pubs near the ground as this is where "their boys" will be waiting. Someone mentioned the Vic near the railway station, this is another pne pub that will have the usual spotters in waiting for easy targets.

For leaving the area after the game, the easiest route back home is to head away towards Blackpool and drop down to the dock area and heading back to the motorway via Leyland. Its by far and away the quickets route even if it takes you a few more miles from your destination. You could even think about parking down there and getting another P and R to deepdale.

Just some local info from someone who has to work in this unfortunate place sad.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

just to back up .....last time i took my car there ...sorry my bro took his lol........he had all his windows put thru.Im going with my little lad tomm but will be on the last minute but im glad ive got keys for a secure yard .

Encklemann, Reid, Gray, Amoruso, Johansson, Matteo, Flitcroft, Ferguson (capt), Stead, Yorke, Dickov.

Subs: Yelldell, Neill, Tugay, Emerton, Gresko

Strange lineup, 4-3-3 I reckon...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.