SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily Reid has said his happy at Coventry. I was getting worried for a minute there. Also His bald, his fat, his dick advocaat is a serious contender. Strachan is looking like a non started as the scotland job could be available soon. Hughes may leave wales after two draws in the qualifiers means that wales are off the pace. Other than that its looking like a thirty man race and only a fool would bet on who could be the next manager! It could be anyone in the world. Except from most of the good managers.

And if they appoint houllier I think I'll go and watch the stanley or watch paint dry

Danny, Ben - don't do it. They'll never let you in at Stanley with a tin of paint. It would be deadly dull.

Listen to alex sci fi, keep the faith, sit tight and see what happens.

his dick advocaat is a serious contender. Other than that its looking like a thirty man race on who could be the next manager! It could be anyone in the world.

Cracking good name for a dick that !! And I thought it was a drink for girls - " get your lips round that, love " laugh.giflaugh.gif

Also you must live in a very odd world mate - only a 30 man race but " anyone " in the world could win it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I was told today that a source from inside the club said that the players were doing cartwheels when Souness announced his departur,e and that he had lsot the players, and was 3 or 4 games from the sack.  Moyes was mentioned as a popular choice with the club.

I should imagine the players outside the team were doing cartwheels.

Would you like to work for a strict boss ? or would you prefer Easy Street ?

Somewhere in between with some tactical nous would be good.

Strachan left southampton with a ###### squad albeit he inherited a ###### one to begin with. His transfer dealings werent exactly brilliant!. Please god not strachan, most people only want him because he talks a good game on tv. He did nothing good at southampton and was a failure at coventry.

I vote we arise George Pepperd from the dead and bring in the A team to coach these fools!.

Edited by todd_could_take_tyson

There were two football programmes on tonight - Granada Soccer Night and John Barnes Football Night on Five. I flicked between the two.

Amoruso was the guest on Granada Soccer Night and he said that he didn't know who the new manager would be, but he suspected it would be someone British who had a feel for Blackburn as a club. He was asked specifically about Advocaat and Amo said that he was a good coach but treated his players like kids sometimes. He looked like it may be a problem for him if Advocaat was appointed.

On Five the guests were journalist Henry Winter (who I've got a lot of time for) and Carlton Palmer. Palmer didn't think Souness would do very well at Newcastle and, when asked, Winter said that he thought Rovers were after Mark Hughes for the managers job. Both Palmer and Winter said they thought Hughes would do very well.

Strachan left southampton with a ###### squad albeit he inherited a ###### one to begin with. His transfer dealings werent exactly brilliant!. Please god not strachan, most people only want him because he talks a good game on tv. He did nothing good at southampton and was a failure at coventry.

I vote we arise George Pepperd from the dead and bring in the A team to coach these fools!.

Got them to a FA cup final.....

Did ok in the league on limited resources!

The coventry saga as i keep saying was not his fault it was the boards! The chairmen at the time was a money grabber who sold every player who was worth anything as the first chance and offered no reinvestment! Its hardly surpiring they went down, only surprise is they didn't go to the 2nd division and go bankrupt...that would have made my year! wink.gif

I certainly can't be bothered reading 50 pages of this thread but will just say that of the ones that I've heard mentioned Strachan, Dowie, Hughes and maybe Newell fill me with hope. Reid, McCarthy fill me with dread.

The main reason i'm excited is I'm hoping for a manager who is at least innovative, full of ideas and you can see what he's trying to do. If we go down the road of appointing another tired old failure from the old boy's network we will have failed big time.

My preference is for Strachan or Redknapp.

I'd like to think that Hughes would be a good choice, but I'm a bit gun-shy after the Kidd debacle. As others rightly point out, managers have to start somewhere....

...but I think starting your club management career at Blackburn Rovers in the relegation zone is a very steep learning curve.

I certainly can't be bothered reading 50 pages of this thread but will just say that of the ones that I've heard mentioned Strachan, Dowie, Hughes and maybe Newell fill me with hope. Reid, McCarthy fill me with dread.

The main reason i'm excited is I'm hoping for a manager who is at least innovative, full of ideas and you can see what he's trying to do. If we go down the road of appointing another tired old failure from the old boy's network we will have failed big time.

Precisely.

Hughes, Strachan, Dowie, or Jewell would all excite me because they're young and up-and-coming managers who certainly seem to have what it takes to succeed at the Premiership level. A retread like Advocaat or Reid or Hoddle wouldn't, in my opinion, bring the same (relatively) youthful exuberance and passion to the table.

Good shout MB.

Commited, not much if he drops Wales and comes here.

So I take it you want a manager who is currently out of work?

So I take it you like to assume things and put in words that were never there in the first place. What you need to "take it" is, with a grain of salt.

I was questioning Hughes' commitment if he left his Country's National side during a World Cup qualifying process to come and manage us. Please just try to comment on the words typed. No need to try to complicate things by assuming and fabricating different stories.

Lordy lordy lordy where have I ever stated I want a manager that is out of work. What I have stated is I do NOT want Mark Hughes. PLease try to keep up instead of posting snide remarks there's a good lad.

Very little in the Press about the Rovers position so far this morning.

The Guardian report as a fact that the shortlist has five names on it having reduced the initial field of thirty applicants. Five is the number I would have beeen aiming at by this stage with perhaps one or two reserves in case of changes in circumstances or the initial list disappoints when they are interviewed.

Another paper says the Rovers are going to approach the Welsh FA formally for permission to talk to Mark Hughes.

The Daily Mirror have written that Gary Megson is about to be sacked following a complete breakdown in relations with his Chairman at WBA.

One thought- the Southampton vacancy has gone very quiet hasn't it?

Hey ho, about to leave for the airport.

Commited, not much if he drops Wales and comes here.

So I take it you want a manager who is currently out of work?

So I take it you like to assume things and put in words that were never there in the first place. What you need to "take it" is, with a grain of salt.

I was questioning Hughes' commitment if he left his Country's National side during a World Cup qualifying process to come and manage us. Please just try to comment on the words typed. No need to try to complicate things by assuming and fabricating different stories.

Lordy lordy lordy where have I ever stated I want a manager that is out of work. What I have stated is I do NOT want Mark Hughes. PLease try to keep up instead of posting snide remarks there's a good lad.

Point in question - what exactly was snidey? I was asking a question. It read as if you were concerned over a managers commitment if they left a job to come to Rovers.

My deepest apologies if I have offended your sensibilities.