SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Manager is Mark Hughes

3rdpillar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a two horse race between Dowie and Hughes, it's up to you to decide who to believe depending on the source; BBC, Sky, Soccernet, The Sun (who claimed Peter Reid Last week), Daily Mail plus a few more. I'll be happy with either appointment. Hughes looks to be the front runner though.

Mark hughes agent was just on sky sports news saying that mark hughes would want to go to us, and he sounded pretty convincing that he wants to come and will come once we make an approach.

But he still wants to manage a few more wales games.

The LET is saying that Hughes had a meeting with Rovers officials yesterday and the club will approach the Welsh FA in the next few days. Why not now? We have a massive match on Saturday, if he's the no1 target then get him now.

Cockney wide-boy stowed away on the ferry.

I suspect it's because there are other people still to be interviewed. I don't think it's cut and dried at all yet. It'll be like any job recruitment - whoever has the best interveiw will get the job.

Gay bikers on acid.

Having just heard Mark Hughes agent Dennis Roach on SSN it has become clear to me he will be the next manager. For those who didn't hear it Roach basically said the following:

They felt the need to speak out because there have been fabricated stories floating around with quotes stating Hughes wasn't interested in the job - this is clearly not the case.

Hughes is interested in the job, and he said he expected Hughes to be on the Blackburn shortlist.

Stated that there is a release clause of somekind to allow him to move.

He did say some other stuff but when asked if preliminary talks had become he denied it, but it wasn't convincing.

He was then asked how long before he expected some movement in terms of being approached and the line went dead.

I am convinced he will be the next manager after hearing him speak.

Edited by Martin

the talks would more likely have been between the agent and the club would they not ?

especially if Rovers have not approached the Welsh FA for permission to speak, or, have Hughes and his agent invoked the get out clause ?

it will all come clear in the morning rolleyes.gif

The LET is saying that Hughes had a meeting with Rovers officials yesterday and the club will approach the Welsh FA in the next few days.  Why not now?  We have a massive match on Saturday, if he's the no1 target then get him now.

Cockney wide-boy stowed away on the ferry.

I suspect it's because there are other people still to be interviewed. I don't think it's cut and dried at all yet. It'll be like any job recruitment - whoever has the best interveiw will get the job.

Gay bikers on acid.

I know what you mean but surely with football management it's a bit different. You have a shortlist and go for your targets in that order, like Newcastle did. Fair enough you interview them but it's not like a normal job is it.

I've played golf with Mark Hughes and he is a bloody nice bloke. I'd like him to be manager.

Australian juvenile on exchange at Parkhurst.

Would that be at Shrigley Hall?

No, it was at Mere Golf Club, which is actually nicer than Shrigley Hall.

Welsh nationalist fishing in Islamabad.