Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First Out The Door

god

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but none before Douglas mad.gif

Bryan Robson ohmy.gif Some one needs to get back on their medication.

However, I will resist the temptation to slam Douglas. He was playing alongside an old man. We've seen how much Roy Keane has deteriorated as a player with age catching up - and the same has happened to Tugay.

And secondly, his biggest strength is his defensive work. If he played alongside a more forward minded, mobile player, like Barry Ferguson, he'd be able to stick to what he's good at.

And that means no more Robson-esque runs into the box and Grabbi-like finishes.

The mind-boggles that Rovers can let Neil Danns go out on loan and play Jon Douglas. Regardless of the merits of both players to play Prem football, Danns is the more gifted footballer.

Flitcroft: hes anonymous 99% of our matches these days.

Gresko: had a few good games in his first season but has been poor ever since.

Amoruso: good distribution and is a real threat/defensive asset in the air but is just too much of a liability at the back for premiership football. I often wonder how he would play just infront of the back four when Ferguson isn't in the team - good distribution and strength would certainly be an advantage. Perhaps alongside Tugay?

Douglas: simple, hes just not a premiership player.

I agree with what most have said...Gresko simply does not seem to have the ability, commitment or tenacity to wear the blue and white shirt. I also think Flitcroft's days are numbered. Overall I do feel we have a competitive side and at this stage overt criticism over the squad is unwarranted. Hughes has only been there just over a week, it takes a little bit of time. If he can get the Welsh defence to tighten up tactically, he can hopefully shore ours up with a little bit of nous.

Shame we can't sack the fans (home).

Worst support in the Premiership by a country mile.

Ewood Park, generally known as The Library.

Atually no, liverpool, maure, n'caslte, saints, fulham and a number of other clubs have a quieter home support than us. We make a good noise in general esp when you consider we only have say 21,000 on instead of 42,000 at say chelsea.

Ewood Park, generally known as The Library.

You forgot about that painful drum, which is more of a hinderance than a help to the atmosphere.

Listening to it in the background on MOTD on Saturday night was embarrassing.

Get into um!

To get to the subject of the original post there are a few candidates for being shown the door. I am sure Mr Hughes has already recognised them as most of them were playing in defence last night.

January can't come fast enough.

You forgot about that painful drum, which is more of a hinderance than a help to the atmosphere.

Listening to it in the background on MOTD on Saturday night was embarrassing.

Get into um!

I have to agree i also find this annoying and embarrasing. As for the first player out of the door it would have to be Johansson and Amoruso. Matteo must improve as well, he has been awful so far

Edited by BRFCC

Only players I think have played consistently poorly are Matteo and Flitcroft. I think we need to retain Flitcroft until the end of the season as we do Matteo.

It looks as though Tugay is not in Hughes first team plans, especially with the signing of Djorkaeff, which is a shame as he could certainly do a job in the team at the moment. I clapped him a hell of a long time at the end of Charlton as I think it might be one of his last appearances for the club.

sell

Gresko is a must sell

Think De pedro deserve a whole season to show form, if no success sell him

Tugay wiill leave at the end of season

Flitty seems on his last legs, I expect he will play a couple of season in the Championship in the next seasons

Dickov is good enough to be a squad player, really don't see himn being a starter next season so may look for first team football

but I think the first out the door will be Ferguson to Newcastle in January for 8 million and more unlikely Stead for 5 million, Souness may also try for Gray in a 4 million move.

Can't understand why everyone has such a downer on Gresko

What harm is he doing apart from offering quality back up at left back should Gray get injured/suspended.

The one player I feel has less quality than the average 'championship' player is Douglas.

He was out of his depth against Bournemouth.

laways baffled me why Souness offered him a 4 year contract.

The belief that he was a raving success at Blackpool is misguided.

He did a job and filled in where they were short at a reliable standard for a Division one side.

Hardly qualifies him for a 4 yr Premiership contract.

He should be offered around the lower leagues now, anything above £50,000 would be a bonus.

I don't like Johansson either, he's long enough to grow up as a centre half and is no better now than when he first came.

SELL?? who on earth would want any of our donkeys!!! Don't think we'd even get a fee for most of the rubbish, We'll save on salary's but thats all

We got a fee for yorke dont forget!

If we can get a fee for him then surely we can get a fee for the likes of Gresko and Flitty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.