BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] First Out The Door

god

why the (Please don't use that word again) is a lot of folks saying we need to get rid of flitty?? he runs around like a silly bugger throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the ball to try and help his team mates, but yet again and TYPICALLY some rovers fans are not satisfied.

i'd kick you lot out without hesitation.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do that for the money he gets paid. Doesnt mean I'd be good enough for the Premiership. And neither is Flitcroft.

Agree with that.

I agree that he tries hard and gets stuck in but just how influential is he in the premier league? I think he is no longer premier league class, and if we want to improve then we will have to replace him

I think he's lost/starting to lose it now.

Last season i defended him to the hilt and for all the effort he puts in, it just isn't good enough anymore i'm afraid.

Saying that, he made more of a nuisance of himself and was more of a danger to Charlton than Bazza was on Monday, but Bazza simply had an off day and it won't happen too often with any luck.

We need something else in the middle of the park and I think Thomo is the perfect solution but he's such a sicknote, we might aswell have Darren Anderton on the books.

So that aside, I just don't see any of the current squad who will be consistently good enough to play along Ferguson to create a reliable partnership.

Let's hope Ciaran Donnelly becomes the player we all think and want him to be. Donnelly is someone else who i've said will have a great future but if he doesn't start to get chances and make his mark by the end of this season, we may aswell get rid of him as he obviously isn't in Hughes' plans.

SELL?? who on earth would want any of our donkeys!!! Don't think we'd even get a fee for most of the rubbish, We'll save on salary's but thats all

We got a fee for yorke dont forget!

If we can get a fee for him then surely we can get a fee for the likes of Gresko and Flitty.

I think Gresko could do ok in Italy in a smaller profile team, as the pace of game is slow, he's getting skinned in the PL all the time, just think he's been totally shocking but I don't blame Souness becasue Gresko fooled us all, he certainly is not cover for Gray, I'd hope maybe Jay or Matteo would cover that area if Gray was injuried.

Does anyone know how many of our lesser players contracts are up this season or did Souey extend them all before he went, would be nice to think there were no new Ostenstad situations on the horizon i.e garbage player sitting out contract unwilling to go on loan.

SELL?? who on earth would want any of our donkeys!!! Don't think we'd even get a fee for most of the rubbish, We'll save on salary's but thats all

We got a fee for yorke dont forget!

If we can get a fee for him then surely we can get a fee for the likes of Gresko and Flitty.

I think Gresko could do ok in Italy in a smaller profile team, as the pace of game is slow, he's getting skinned in the PL all the time, just think he's been totally shocking but I don't blame Souness becasue Gresko fooled us all, he certainly is not cover for Gray, I'd hope maybe Jay or Matteo would cover that area if Gray was injuried.

Well lets hope he doesnt get injured,im sure jay could do the job ,but matteo on his current performances just wouldnt cope.Also i think the matteo / amo partnership wont work.How about giving Todd a chance when hes fit.Ok he wouldnt be a sub but theres worse things been done before by other players and they were given a second chance

I would absolutely love for Dom Matteo to be sold, but I really doubt that is going to happen for awhile, being a new signing and all, he probably be given a few chances to prove himself.. dry.gif

I would get rid of Flitcroft, I'm sure a 'Championship' club would snap him up, but I would keep Tugay to the end of the season.

The Jansen goal proves nothing, he still has a lot of proving to do and if he still can't recapture his ability then get rid (sorry Matt fans..)

Since our defence seems inevitably a shambles at the moment, is it really too much of a risk to throw in a member of the youth team at centre-back?

Edited by RoverDrake

RoverDrake- everytime I read your comments you are harping on about Matteo. He is not that bad, will you shut up about him cos he is a decent centre back. You probably dont like the way he looks but he would give you a nice head-butt.

David O Leary's comments on Matteo make you look a real pri**.

RoverDrake- everytime I read your comments you are harping on about Matteo. He is not that bad, will you shut up about him cos he is a decent centre back. You probably dont like the way he looks but he would give you a nice head-butt.

David O Leary's comments on Matteo make you look a real pri**.

Called 'opinion', so get over it.

Matteo has offered no significant improvement to our defence at all.... If he had then maybe your argument would have some substance.

One man makes a defence does it- especially when gettting changed every other game like he was at the start of the season.

In fact I would love him to nut you, stop going on about him. For what it is worth your opinions are sh*t.

One man makes a defence does it- especially when gettting changed every other game like he was at the start of the season.

In fact I would love him to nut you, stop going on about him. For what it is worth your opinions are sh*t.

If Matteo nutted me it'd be the last thing he did.....fact... rolleyes.gif

I'm tired of you now..

If you don't like my posts, don't read 'em.

Jesus RoverDrake, once more you succeed in really pissing me off. I'm going to re-post something I said in another thread and this time READ IT and realise how annoying you are to those that take this board seriously.

Roverdrake, its just the same thing over and over and over again. Infact, I'm sure I've read this before.

AGAIN you have to add your little "I hate Matteo," bit into a post and thread where it has little, if ANY relevance, board members get annoyed at you bringing down the good standard of posts and you use your trademark "its an opinion, if you cant take it don't go on a messageboard," getting people even more annoyed and resulting in personal insults.

LISTEN to this, I don't care if it's an opinion and I'll take it because I have to, but it's a stupid opinion, with no backing and whats far worse is that it NEVER has any relevance. So don't say its just an opinion, because it's the fact you repeat it over and over that irates us.

Don't then try to look intelligent by argueing your case; anyone can argue a case, but that doesn't make you intelligent, conversely it makes you annoying and pretty stupid for continueing to annoy your fellow board members.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...80entry245740 - link to thread

Different thread, different subject but the most of this still applies.

I'm tired of you now..
mad.gif SHUT UP! We were tired of you about 995 posts ago!1111 Edited by tcj_jones

Jesus RoverDrake, once more you succeed in really pissing me off. I'm going to re-post something I said in another thread and this time READ IT and realise how annoying you are to those that take this board seriously.

Roverdrake, its just the same thing over and over and over again. Infact, I'm sure I've read this before.

AGAIN you have to add your little "I hate Matteo," bit into a post and thread where it has little, if ANY relevance, board members get annoyed at you bringing down the good standard of posts and you use your trademark "its an opinion, if you cant take it don't go on a messageboard," getting people even more annoyed and resulting in personal insults.

LISTEN to this, I don't care if it's an opinion and I'll take it because I have to, but it's a stupid opinion, with no backing and whats far worse is that it NEVER has any relevance. So don't say its just an opinion, because it's the fact you repeat it over and over that irates us.

Don't then try to look intelligent by argueing your case; anyone can argue a case, but that doesn't make you intelligent, conversely it makes you annoying and pretty stupid for continueing to annoy your fellow board members.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...80entry245740 - link to thread

Different thread, different subject but the most of this still applies.

I'm tired of you now..
mad.gif SHUT UP! We were tired of you about 955 posts ago!1111

Ahh get over me..

I think the cadidates for shifting are pretty obvious:

Gresko

Johansson

Reid (Could perhaps be a decent player but is behind Thompson, Emerton and perhaps even gallagher for a spot)

Flitcroft

De Pedro (I know, but he just isnt going to get a game with Djorkaeff here)

Douglas

None of these players add anything to the side. We need a technically able strong tackeling midfielder and a defender but apart from that we probably wouldnt need to have anymore replacements.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I know, very weird. Matteo played at the heart of a porous, relegation bound defence last year. We of course are the ones who pick up this 'bargain', thus repeating the feat.

RD's reasoning is indeed bonkers... rolleyes.gif

He played at the heart of the defence of a team that got to the semi finals of the Champions League. Anyone would look bad next to Zoumana Camara, Roque Junior or a dead on his feet Lucas Radebe.

RoverDrake is just a moron.

I know, very weird. Matteo played at the heart of a porous, relegation bound defence last year. We of course are the ones who pick up this 'bargain', thus repeating the feat.

RD's reasoning is indeed bonkers... rolleyes.gif

He played at the heart of the defence of a team that got to the semi finals of the Champions League. Anyone would look bad next to Zoumana Camara, Roque Junior or a dead on his feet Lucas Radebe.

RoverDrake is just a moron.

Actually Leeds had Rio Ferdinand and Woodgate at centre half during their Champions League adventure. Matteo was mostly on the bench until Ferdinand left but I know what you mean.

I would love to see Amo put out to pasture. I don't think I can take much more of his careless and sloppy defending.

In all honesty though I can't think of that many of the current squad who we couldn't afford to lose. This particularly applies to the defence and the midfield so if better players are available Hughesie whould do some wheeling and dealing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.