BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fantastic Rovers support v Liverpool

Tonight showed we have the latent support. The fans were fantastic and it was good to see so many kids and different backgrounds.

I looked around and thought to myself what the hell have the Venkys done to destroy this wonderful family Club. How anyone can want these Poonatics to remain is beyond me. Rovers fans are desperate for success, the town of Blackburn has nothing else going for it except Rovers and people are desperate to be proud of their team once again.

The V's should hang their heads in shame.

Walking down to Ewood tonight I must admit I felt a tad emotional. Looking around at my fellow Rovers with excitement written all over their faces, the buzz, the anticipation, it filled my heart with joy.

Walking past shops full of customers, pubs heaving, the chippy full to busting, all Rovers fans heading to the game, boosting the local economy.

What has happened to our club is criminal, it's all been said.

One Ray of light after tonight's defeat, those idiots from Pune can't lord it up at Wembley thinking everything in the garden is rosey.

Scumbags.

Tonight showed we have the latent support. The fans were fantastic and it was good to see so many kids and different backgrounds.

I looked around and thought to myself what the hell have the Venkys done to destroy this wonderful family Club. How anyone can want these Poonatics to remain is beyond me. Rovers fans are desperate for success, the town of Blackburn has nothing else going for it except Rovers and people are desperate to be proud of their team once again.

Sorry pal tonight showed what a load of Venky loving set of two faced loons we gave ... Venktys this VENKYS that all wanting a barny and @#/? it when they got it back ...

We got to Mill Hill about 7.35, it was a frenzy, folk parking on bits of grass, double yellows, people spilling out of the pubs.

We had it like this for 20 years and it was all thrown away. Though there is a chink of light, the support is still out there.

I was delighted with the turn out as well, shows the support is still there (for now) but looked at it in a very different way.

It might just persuade the owners to stick by the Club and not throw the towel in in the short term. Because make no mistake, no-one else is going to extricate us from the mess we're in given the level of our debt.

Who knows what's around the corner? Someone may successfully challenge the ridiculous FFP rules in the Courts then the situation might look very different.

We need to get the best possible manager we can in now and see where that takes us, although I'm sure we'll be back to 11-12k home fans for the next home League game.

Absolutely gutted after tonight, not because of the game, but because of the fact that the stadium might never be like that again. Tonight, when a glimpse of the past is shown, is when it's officially hit home what our club has become. Words cannot describe how upset I am!

I get why so many people don't bother with Ewood now! It's too bloody heartbreaking seeing what our club is! Shame on the tools who've had an involvement running our once proud club into the ground!

Was no one even a tad miffed at the glory hunters reappearing for a big game?

I found it upsetting personally... It showed what our club once was, and has become! I can't wait until Ewood has less than half of tonight, when we play some tinpot Championship side... Not!

That was my initial reaction but more interestingly (IMO) the crowds reaction to Rudy was something that struck me.

Visibly lifted crowd, was sang for in the first half.... What would you be thinking if you are Jordan Rhodes. Obvious if he bags either golden opportunity he is given- he'd have had his name sang! But surely it must rankle...

That was my initial reaction but more interestingly (IMO) the crowds reaction to Rudy was something that struck me.

Visibly lifted crowd, was sang for in the first half.... What would you be thinking if you are Jordan Rhodes. Obvious if he bags either golden opportunity he is given- he'd have had his name sang! But surely it must rankle...

Not at all I wouldn't have thought, both should have started if fit, we don't have enough quality in the side to leave one of our best two players out against better opposition.

If Gestede had been on his own up front and was completely isolated and it was 0-0 and Rhodes had been warming up the crowd would have been cheering for him as well I'd guess.

Not sure about the glory hunters stuff. Yes more fans turned out last night, but they're Rovers fans alright, they're just not interested in watching poor players toil in a poor league under bonkers owners, and let's ne honest who can blame em.

What must rankle Rhodes more is the terrible service and primitive long ball tactics we use when he's playing. The lad ran his socks off last night but the service is shocking more often than not.

Simple really.

The fans want owners and an exec management who have the interests of the club at heart and who can relate to the fans.

Sadly, the current lot, IMV, couldn't give a toss and are killing our club.

No easy way out for Rovers unless, and it's most unlikely, the Venky's give the club away and allow new owners to start with a fresh slate. As very much doubt this will happen, next best thing they could is to replace the boring Bowyer - I'd take the risk rather than settle for 'stability' from Bowyer and his Rovers Fans.

Simple really.

The fans want owners and an exec management who have the interests of the club at heart and who can relate to the fans.

No easy way out for Rovers unless, and it's most unlikely, the Venky's give the club away and allow new owners to start with a fresh slate. As very much doubt this will happen, next best thing they could is to replace the boring Bowyer - I'd take the risk rather than settle for 'stability' from Bowyer and his Rovers Fans.

Your turning into an oxymoron.

Such as writings post about your confidence to book a wembley hotel yet you consider our players and current coach complete shysters.

Or you spend 500 words describing how the defence was excellent yet the big players let us down... Only to then go on and blame the coaching staff... Who organised the defence, someone of radio rovers?

Or saying how you have no confidence in the exec or board, yet you'd still rather vote for change via them.

Can we have some logic please.

Simple really.

And yet you expected us to beat Liverpool and Villa to make a cup final? At least keep your arguments consistent. Would you also expect Venkys to appoint a better manager than GB?

Thoroughly enjoyed it last night (apart from result). It was like the old days. I will continue to go to Ewood, not least to meet the fans.

I was told yesterday that Tom Finn still lives locally. For me, he is one of the men to re-build the club when the time comes.

One day the time will come.

Walking down to Ewood tonight I must admit I felt a tad emotional. Looking around at my fellow Rovers with excitement written all over their faces, the buzz, the anticipation, it filled my heart with joy.

Walking past shops full of customers, pubs heaving, the chippy full to busting, all Rovers fans heading to the game, boosting the local economy.

What has happened to our club is criminal, it's all been said.

One Ray of light after tonight's defeat, those idiots from Pune can't lord it up at Wembley thinking everything in the garden is rosey.

Scumbags.

Tried to "like" your post Gav, but apparently I've been positive enough for today. So I'm just off to feel depressed! :lol:

Just enjoyed all the kids there again and wished they could get engaged with the Club again.

I wondered why at the end when we clapped the team I started to well up and feel emotional.

Most of us have an emotional bond with the Club that the Venkys cannot(and must not) break.

We need change, we need to feel that THEY care.....but now there is just a void.

And yet you expected us to beat Liverpool and Villa to make a cup final? At least keep your arguments consistent. Would you also expect Venkys to appoint a better manager than GB?

I think it is absolutely required of them if they are staying

Thoroughly enjoyed it last night (apart from result). It was like the old days. I will continue to go to Ewood, not least to meet the fans.

I was told yesterday that Tom Finn still lives locally. For me, he is one of the men to re-build the club when the time comes.

One day the time will come.

He was at the game but he has retired !

Archived