BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I said it once and I'll say it again: If we're really going to scrape the odd chance here or there, I'd rather McCarthy was on the receiving end than Jason Roberts. I don't care if the latter runs himself in the ground, we achieve bugger all for it.

Edited by Topman

Benni McCarthy is still the best player at our club and every game he doesn't start it leads to dropped points. Think of how much we have lost in the past year or two. Despite his goal-scoring and assists record many still go on about that he is "lazy" or whatever...but I wonder...who exactly is doing better? Jason Roberts?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

It seems to me that Benni is suffering from the formation we currently play. He was only on for the last five minutes or so yesterday and managed our only meaningful effort on goal. He had superb second half albeit against a ten man Peterborough side that warranted more than just a brief five minutes cameo at the end. Hopefully he'll be involved against Portsmouth.

Think we need to get Benni more involved.

Whilst his work ethic/rate can be frustrating, you cannot deny he is one of the few proven/quality players we have. Best goal scorer we have too - will be interesting to see how things develop but he will want out unless he starts more games.

Cheers. If it were true, you have to wonder how we'd be able to replace someone of Benni's class!

If it is one of Nicko's he tends to get more right than wrong - although he's been on today and didn't mention it.

Let's hope this isn't Sam's way of funding a move for Kevin Davies. If he was on the agenda, surely the natural swap would be Roberts.

The only way to play Benni is in Dunn's roll and Dunn slots in the the space left by the removal of Keef...!

Sounds like a very sensible suggestion to me. However in the best interests of your health I would not hold your breath. The concept of Sam saying "Perhaps I ought to reconsider my strategic options in light of 10 away defeats and few goal scoring opportunities" is as unlikely as rocking horse poo.

• Like 1

The only way to play Benni is in Dunn's roll and Dunn slots in the the space left by the removal of Keef...!

Sounds like a very sensible suggestion to me. However in the best interests of your health I would not hold your breath. The concept of Sam saying "Perhaps I ought to reconsider my strategic options in light of 10 away defeats and few goal scoring opportunities" is as unlikely as rocking horse poo.

Couple of good posts there, gents.

It depends who he managed to bring in, obviously it would be to create space on the wage bill for a new arrival. I'd happily swap McCarthy for a quality central midfielder.

I know what you are saying but surely not when you bear in mind Di Santo going back to the Bridge.

To play that role you have to move around the pitch and run at people with the ball. Neither of which are Benni's strong points. To get the best out of Benni, he has to be playing off a front man poaching goals.

Benni HAS to stay. He needs to be given a run of games. He scores goals for us. He always has, and will continue to do so.

Loaning him out would be a stupid idea. Watching him and the players at the Posh game, he has the respect of his fellow players, that can only be a good thing for a young players confidence to have a proven striker in the ranks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.