BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton manager David Moyes is offering Newcastle striker Michael Owen £50,000 a week to make the switch to Goodison Park.

(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Suprise, Suprise! As expected really!

Sunderland will make a £5m bid for Wigan defender Titus Bramble, once Steve Bruce is installed as manager. (Daily Star)

Surely a compo agreement for Whelan!

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is keen on signing Tottenham midfielder Jamie O'Hara. (Daily Star)

One for the future and one worth watching

• Backroom
Everton manager David Moyes is offering Newcastle striker Michael Owen £50,000 a week to make the switch to Goodison Park.

(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Suprise, Suprise! As expected really!

Saha and Owen in the same team :D Everton love paying crocked players.

You guys got a link for Barry? I find it hard to believe that he would leave for City or that City would really want him with the number of midfielders they have on the books.

EDIT: just seen it on SSN. That's a strange one. City have spent big on De Jong, Kompany and Elano while recently tying Ireland down to a new deal.

Likewise, at his age, I thought Barry would want to join a club already established in the top four or otherwise stay with Villa as opposed to joining a club in transition and where he won't be good enough to play at in a few seasons time.

You guys got a link for Barry? I find it hard to believe that he would leave for City or that City would really want him with the number of midfielders they have on the books.

EDIT: just seen it on SSN. That's a strange one. City have spent big on De Jong, Kompany and Elano while recently tying Ireland down to a new deal.

Likewise, at his age, I thought Barry would want to join a club already established in the top four or otherwise stay with Villa as opposed to joining a club in transition and where he won't be good enough to play at in a few seasons time.

Hmm. They are going to be top heavy on midfielders! I wonder if there is anyone we could get off them? Michale Johnson would surely be o longer required. Interesting to see what Sam could do with him.

Why not under Hughes ?

Loads of reasons why in my opinion.

For one thing i don't think he's as tactially good as some people think, City have been very poor away from home and also had a similar problem that we had under Hughes that we were a second half team (often poor in the first half, second half coming back).

I don't think Hughes has full control over who he brings in, the owners let him have one signing but at the same time want to bring in a superstar name without thinking about the managers plan/tactics etc.

A general problem is I think player power will increase as City spend more money on these big name players, I get the impression the owners would take the side of their star players over their manager.

I'll be surprised if Hughes is still there by January.

Villa in Europe but Citeh not. Hmmm, Barry going to them does seem strange, unless it is to do with pocketing the cash and playing for a mid-table side rather than playing in Europe most seasons and maybe challenging the Sky 4 teams in the future.

Regarding Johnson, it is important to remember that he has been out injured all season and that there are concerns he will never be able to play at the top level again. Apparently, he has similar injury problems to me :(

Villa will be half the team they were without Barry and it means O'Neill must make a big signing to replace him. It does seem a strange move to go to City, after all, he wanted to join Liverpool for Champions League football and to have a chance of winning things. At City there is no European football whatsoever and it will probably still take a few years until they properly challenge to win something. Although, I believe it is a great signing for City and they could have a much better campaign this time around.

Archived