Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
K-Hod

T.v.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Hope u enjoy it Gumboots. I certainly did.

Like you, I didn't have Netflix but subscribed so I could watch it. Figured out that £9 wouldn't break the bank for a month if I decide to cancel it.

We watch through our sons subscription and he watches our Skygo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Fargo is my fav coen film so I was kind of reluctant at first , however it does it justice . David thwellis is a delight as varga 

If by "delight" you mean one of the most repulsive people to ever be on my TV screen, then yeah. 😂

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Cheers Silas, appreciate that. 

One final thing, "Summerhouse" got canned between seasons,  so prepare yourself for some things to be.....unresolved. 

It then skips 6 years, the characters all grow up, but the payoff is worth it. Fantastic finish to the new season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Silas said:

 

You watched Top Boy yet?

"The British Wire".

Just finished them all. Really enjoyed it. Some great characters. 

The Wire is wonderful. Not many better series than that, in my opinion! 
Top Boy was absolutely class. A few rappers I like were in the new series as well!

Fun fact about Top Boy actually- Drake tweeted Ashley Walters (one of the stars) asking when the new series was coming back, as he loved it.

Ashley Walters said it had been cancelled, so Drake got together with Netflix to commission a second series....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Top Boy was absolutely class. A few rappers I like were in the new series as well!

Has introduced me to some new music. Was actually listening to this track before I went to bed last night:

 

I'd never really heard of Dave before. ☺

I'm a bit of a dinosaur. If it was after Tupac and Biggie I'm clueless. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silas said:

Has introduced me to some new music. Was actually listening to this track before I went to bed last night:

 

I'd never really heard of Dave before. ☺

I'm a bit of a dinosaur. If it was after Tupac and Biggie I'm clueless. 😁

Dave is who the cool kids like now , or aitch. None of your snoopy snoopy doggy dog anymore 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Has introduced me to some new music. Was actually listening to this track before I went to bed last night:

 

I'd never really heard of Dave before. ☺

I'm a bit of a dinosaur. If it was after Tupac and Biggie I'm clueless. 😁

Haha, there’s also Little Simz in Top Boy (female rapper, plays Shelley). 
If you use Spotify- I’ve a hip hop playlist that’s over 700 songs strong, with old and new music aplenty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Dave is who the cool kids like now , or aitch. None of your snoopy snoopy doggy dog anymore 

Ah crap, that's me out then, my cool kids badge got confiscated around 2005. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Silas said:

Ah crap, that's me out then, my cool kids badge got confiscated around 2005. 

I think mine too about then, I do have a soft spot for Ho99o9 and jpeg Mafia .... and odd future but I feel like a white middle class imposter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Inglorious basturk said:

I do have a soft spot for Ho99o9 and jpeg Mafia .... and odd future but I feel like a white middle class imposter 

That sentence means absolutely nothing to me and I've read it 4 times :D

Old ****er that I am...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gav said:

That sentence means absolutely nothing to me and I've read it 4 times :D

Old ****er that I am...

Took me a while too. They are American hip hop gentlemen 

 

FC350E9C-455F-492A-A588-5D605F55523E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Last Dance on Netflix is a good watch, if anyone is short of anything. 
It’s the tale of The Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan et al. Very interesting indeed.

Jordan is an absolute animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

The Last Dance on Netflix is a good watch, if anyone is short of anything. 
It’s the tale of The Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan et al. Very interesting indeed.

Jordan is an absolute animal.

I’m sat here watching episode 7 as we speak - A real sporting superstar - LeBrons good, but he’s nowhere near Michael Jordan.

Good watch as you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m sat here watching episode 7 as we speak - A real sporting superstar - LeBrons good, but he’s nowhere near Michael Jordan.

Good watch as you say.

You know what, I certainly don’t think any have been as been as influential as him. 
Looked up the stats though, Jordan is ‘only’ the fifth highest point scorer of all time. 
Lebron James and Kobe have both gained more points than him, but won less titles.
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the boy though, most points ever and most titles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the boy though, most points ever and most titles!

And on Airplane the Movie which seals his legend status in my book.

Larry Bird was always my favourite, for the Celtics 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is the boy though, most points ever and most titles!

And quite the martial artist as well!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone that can handle foreign language and subtitles, I've just got into this show. 

Fauda.jpg

I'm currently halfway through the 3 seasons. It's excellent. 

Gets 100% from Rotten Tomatoes.  To put that in perspective other shows that score 100% are: 24, Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Fargo. 

Tip: In Uk it will be set to dubbed audio. Switch it to Arabic and use subtitles only. You have to hear the inflections in their voices to appreciate the tone and emotion.  (And dubbing is just generally awful). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ignore me it’s not , however it looks up my straße rather than dragons or drug dealers with silly catchphrases 

Edited by Inglorious basturk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Silas said:

For anyone that can handle foreign language and subtitles, I've just got into this show. 

Fauda.jpg

 

 

A superb film from the early 90's - City of God - subtitled in Portuguese.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/

I put of watching it for years due to the subtitles, but wish I hadn't, great film.

Ps - I watched season 1 episode 1 of Top Boy on Tuesday night, that could have done with subtitles, couldn't understand a word of it :D - But its got me interested, appreciate the heads up.

Edited by Gav

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to check, 2002 that came out. Had a little panic there as I remember watching it, was sure it wasn’t 30 years ago! ^_^
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I had to check, 2002 that came out. Had a little panic there as I remember watching it, was sure it wasn’t 30 years ago! ^_^
 

 

Yes sorry Matty, my mistake, it even says it on the link I posted :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inglorious basturk said:

Ignore me it’s not , however it looks up my straße rather than dragons or drug dealers with silly catchphrases 

Isreal/Palestine conflict. 

You mean like "wagwan fam". 😁

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

 

A superb film from the early 90's - City of God - subtitled in Portuguese.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317248/

I put of watching it for years due to the subtitles, but wish I hadn't, great film.

Ps - I watched season 1 episode 1 of Top Boy on Tuesday night, that could have done with subtitles, couldn't understand a word of it :D - But its got me interested, appreciate the heads up.

Yeah caught 30 mins of City of God once, and was gripped.  Always meant to go back and do entire thing but never got round to it.

You're supposed to be watching Topboy Summerhouse before Season 1 episode 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.