BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

Fair enough.

How about a bit more humour and humility and a bit less sarcasm?

Could I point out at this stage that I didn't criticise you directly but that I only quoted something that you had written and posted in reply to Parsonblue?

Edited by thenodrog

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I point out at this stage that I didn't criticise you directly but that I only quoted something that you had written and posted in reply to Parsonblue?

You're quite clever in doing stuff like that. I think you have one or two hobby horses that you like to trot out now and again, one of which is absentee or, in particular, ex pat posters. The crux of that particular bee in your bonnet being that this group cannot have a valid say in on field matters. The clever bit in this case was your implicit jibe rather than a brazen dig and it's something that you are practised in and quite good at, particularly on the ICBNF forum.

I could do without it to be frank. I suppose there is always the ignore button but as we all know, that doesn't always work. Besides you are often an incitefull poster who posts noteworthy contributions.

I didn't say he didn't say it arbitro. I said that imo it wasn't typical of him.

Having had several run ins with him, know several players who have played for him let me tell you it is typical of him.

Pedersen has had some poor games this season and he's had some very good games - no different to any other player in fact.

You need to change your tune - you've made your point and you're getting boring. .

I wouldn't have in me the team. We can't move him on because nodody else is daft eniough to pay him that sort of money. There must be a reason for that.

But thats just plain daft. He's costing us big money whether we like it or not, we cant move him on cos of his wages and his age granted but the midfield (imo and that of many others) is much more compact and performs better when he is in it. I suggest that MGP should hand over all free kick and corner kick duties to Jones (if he stays) so that Jones will end up getting all manner of sh1t heaped on him from the fans when he over/under hits his deliveries. Lets be honest how @#/? was Jones corner kick that led to our equaliser at Millwall? Afraid I wasn't there so did he get booed for it by our travelling 'jury'?

Why not save your ire for the lacklustre and immobile Portugese who don't have a bloody tackle in them and players who skip training and watch vids down at the soon to be officially named 'The David Dunn Treatment Room' down at Brockhall most days. Pederson does put an honest shift in which is more than can be said for the likes of the more talented wastrels like the two Davids for starters.

How about the two midfielders Murphy and Etohu who are on significantly more money and manage to patrol a piece of the pitch roughly the size of my bloody patio between them just so long as they don't have to break sweat to do it! MGP for all his faults is worth more to the team than them put together. That should be your first port of call if you want to bury your hatchet into someone! ORr How about the scouse right back who was so far up Kean's arse that he copuld see daylight... the one with the quick wit and the even quicker V sign whose (lack of) pace is becoming legendary...... amongst opposing wingers! How about him?

How about having a go at our cross between Jake la Motta and Daffy Duck or that Simpson from Hull or Olsson Minor? How any of them have escaped the ranks of part time football is a complete bloody mystery to me.

Problem with the likes of you Tyrone is that you contracted the scapegoat syndrome which has been a feature amongst the Ewood faithful as long as I can remember. You need a public enemy No1 out on the pitch and as soon as he leaves you just have to move onto another or you aren't happy.

Edited by thenodrog

What I'm sick of is people comparing Pedersen to the Pedersen of old, or comparing him to an unspecified, usually unrealistic benchmark that few of our other players reach.

The only meaningful way to judge Pedersen is against the other players we have that play in his positions. On saturday his competition was Gomes, he was miles better than Gomes, thats all there is to it this time round. Some fans would criticise him if he scored a hat-trick and missed a one-on-one for his 4th, its starting to resemble a form of long-term mental illness.

What I'm sick of is people comparing Pedersen to the Pedersen of old, or comparing him to an unspecified, usually unrealistic benchmark that few of our other players reach.

The only meaningful way to judge Pedersen is against the other players we have that play in his positions. On saturday his competition was Gomes, he was miles better than Gomes, thats all there is to it this time round. Some fans would criticise him if he scored a hat-trick and missed a one-on-one for his 4th, its starting to resemble a form of long-term mental illness.

Hence 'Scapegoat Syndrome' Steve.

The type of plonkers who succumb booed the likes of Captain Fantastic Tim Sherwood, Jason Wilcox and Lee Carsley to the rafters. Wish we bloody well had them now.

Edited by thenodrog

But thats just plain daft. He's costing us big money whether we like it or not, we cant move him on cos of his wages and his age granted but the midfield (imo and that of many others) is much more compact and performs better when he is in it. I suggest that MGP should hand over all free kick and corner kick duties to Jones (if he stays) so that Jones will end up getting all manner of sh1t heaped on him from the fans when he over/under hits his deliveries. Lets be honest how @#/? was Jones corner kick that led to our equaliser at Millwall? Afraid I wasn't there so did he get booed for it by our travelling 'jury'?

Why not save your ire for the lacklustre and immobile Portugese who don't have a bloody tackle in them and players who skip training and watch vids down at the soon to be officially named 'The David Dunn Treatment Room' down at Brockhall most days. Pederson does put an honest shift in which is more than can be said for the likes of the more talented wastrels like the two Davids for starters.

How about the two midfielders Murphy and Etohu who are on significantly more money and manage to patrol a piece of the pitch roughly the size of my bloody patio between them just so long as they don't have to break sweat to do it! MGP for all his faults is worth more to the team than them put together. That should be your first port of call if you want to bury your hatchet into someone! ORr How about the scouse right back who was so far up Kean's arse that he copuld see daylight... the one with the quick wit and the even quicker V sign whose (lack of) pace is becoming legendary...... amongst opposing wingers! How about him?

How about having a go at our cross between Jake la Motta and Daffy Duck or that Simpson from Hull or Olsson Minor? How any of them have escaped the ranks of part time football is a complete bloody mystery to me.

Problem with the likes of you Tyrone is that you contracted the scapegoat syndrome which has been a feature amongst the Ewood faithful as long as I can remember. You need a public enemy No1 out on the pitch and as soon as he leaves you just have to move onto another or you aren't happy.

The positive in swapping free kick duties from Morten to Jones, is that Morten can head the ball very well indeed. For me, MGP is streets ahead of Jones from a dead ball situation. One problem this current team have is that no one is outstanding at heading the ball from set plays on the evidence seen so far. Edited by JAL

Which part did he play in the goal v Palace?

None. On reflection it was a very good goal by the Palace player, that asks how good is this Palace player, could he be an improvement on the players Rovers currently have, if so then Rovers should be trying to sign him up.

None. On reflection it was a very good goal by the Palace player, that asks how good is this Palace player, could he be an improvement on the players Rovers currently have, if so then Rovers should be trying to sign him up.

...and while we're at it we should get that Messi bloke.

:wacko:

...and while we're at it we should get that Messi bloke.

:wacko:

Comparing a Palace player with Messi...........mmmmm dont get it chris.

If its Rovers wont have two bob to rub together to buy any footballer so they might as well go for the best that they could never have, then fine get it.

Edited by JAL

Didnt pay too much interest to the game as I was away for the weekend. Pleased with the point of course and glad that we have evaded a second relegation on the bounce.

Very suprised to see the crowd of nearly 20k, that is great news.

Despite everything they have done wrong, I ownder if Venkys realise they have been well and truly raped by scum inside our club and now reaslise there is much goodness to be had IF they listen to football people rather than charlatans

I haven't got a problem. What I have got is an opinion. That opinion is we can no longer afford to pay bit part players a sum northern of of a million pounds a year. Be they Pedersen, Dunn, Murphy , Etuhu, Bentley, Nuno Gomes, Givet, Robinson, the list is a lengthy one, and that's only some of them. Those days are well and truly over. Anybody worth a million pounds a year at Rovers needs to play 40 games a season and be worthy of a place and are not being played because we are paying them daft money. I.E. coming on at half time and doing a bit is not what I'm referring to.

You may have a problem with that opinion, but you won't have for long.

So how do you suggest we get rid if he has a year left on his contract - we'd have to buy him out presumably

You need to read what I actually said earlier. We can't get rid of him, that's obvious,. In spite of him being such an asset nobody else will take him off our hands. For now we'll have to let him laugh all the way to the bank. I just wouldn't play him the team. When we last renewed his contract I and a few others said it was madness. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

You need to read what I actually said earlier. We can't get rid of him, that's obvious,. In spite of him being such an asset nobody else will take him off our hands. I just wouldn't play him the team .

His wages are irrelevant; the last sentence is your opinion and there are plenty of people who think the team is better with him in it and he has alot more to contribute. You're like a broken record stuck at 78rpm.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.