BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Walker Family Lawsuit V Paul Egerton-Vernon

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=7fed978f-fcf3-4a99-b0c1-a4f4cd9f44c8

Could be wrong but doesn't the above say that The Walker family couldn't bring the case against PEV Due to a 3 year deadline?

"The Royal Court in Jersey ruled that a private trust company (PTC) seeking to bring claims for breach of trust against its predecessors could not benefit from the Jersey law doctrine ofempêchement d'agir. This was because the PTC had not been incorporated at the time that the three year deadline for bringing claims under Article 57(3B) of the Trusts (Jersey) Law 1984 expired. The doctrine of empêchement stops time running on limitation periods in situations of practical impossibility."

I don't think you need to worry about getting banned, Vinjay - posting about it in this thread is on topic. I think the previous bans may have been for derailing other topics with it. Like others have said, I admire your tenacity and determination, even if a lot of the legal stuff is over my head. I also struggle to connect the dots, but I'd need to read it in more detail.

As others have said, the Trust clearly didn't run the club how Jack would have wanted, but then again there's nothing we can do - they didn't have to show the same passion and love as Uncle Jack did. All we can do is thank our lucky stars that he gave us such happy memories and such a wonderful legacy, even if that has been tainted somewhat.

Deep down, we all knew it wouldn't last once Jack passed away.

We all knew? We all "knew" what PEV said after Jacks death. What happened afterwards - clearly wasn't what Jack intended. It's a pity the trustees weren't challenged legally when they stopped the funding completely, but I guess no one was prepared to foot a hefty legal bill.

Personally I don't think its a case of Jack's family should have held the Trust to account. I think they're both villains in the piece. Jack's family aren't interested in football and aren't interested in Rovers, that's been problem from the start. Jack himself knew this with his repeated statements that he wanted Rovers to eventually be self-sufficient. He was aware that one day he wouldn't be here and must have known nobody within his family would want to carry on pouring his money into Rovers.

The self-sufficiency plan was de-railed by relegation and that's why Jack set up the Trust. He knew Rovers needed money to get back to the PL and knew his family couldn't be relied upon to supply the money without a legal obligation to. I doubt he expected the Trust to put money into Rovers long-term either, once it had done its job of getting us back into the PL, I expect the plan was to go back to Plan A of the club being self-sufficient.

This is something I'm sure we could have and I'm sure we actually did achieve after the Souness era. So why then was it necessary to sell the club I'm not sure. I am sure that Jack would have felt severely let down that the Trust and his family opted to do that. Or maybe he expected that all along and as long as we were a self-sufficient PL club at the time, he expected a decent buyer could have been found. And maybe it would have if Venkys knew then what they know now, all it needed to keep us in the PL and keep us self-sufficient was to keep Allardyce and Williams in their positions.

Which leads inexorably back to the cretinous Jerome Anderson. His malignant greed is the reason Venkys were led astray and Jack's long-term plan for Rovers was ruined. I know the Trust are the ones who hired him but he actually did do a good job of his original task, he found us a financially sound buyer. And then he went about manipulating them into the ultimate jobs for the boys scam with a hefty promotion and jaw-dropping agents fees on all transfers for him, a football contract for his son, and a manager's job for his mate. If you want a crusade Vinjay I'd advise trying to get that scumbag locked up!

We all knew? We all "knew" what PEV said after Jacks death. What happened afterwards - clearly wasn't what Jack intended. It's a pity the trustees weren't challenged legally when they stopped the funding completely, but I guess no one was prepared to foot a hefty legal bill.

Jack also said he wanted Rovers, to be able to wash its own face at some point. We certainly all wanted it to continue, but it was never going to last forever with the trust funding multi million pound marquee transfers.

However, what has happened to the Club is a disgrace and a total dereliction of Jacks legacy.

It'll end in tears, sadly the signs are already there. Move on.

Vinjays offered up more interesting posts and altermative opinions since his return than ive seen from you in the 5 or so years ive bren posting on here and he posts in a very down to earth non offensive way, i dont know why you're obsessed with him, you just dont seem to agree with anybody rhats more interesting than you.

Jack also said he wanted Rovers, to be able to wash its own face at some point. We certainly all wanted it to continue, but it was never going to last forever with the trust funding multi million pound marquee transfers.

However, what has happened to the Club is a disgrace and a total dereliction of Jacks legacy.

The trust was never facing multi million pound marquee transfers. They invested £3m/ year for a number of years with Williams having to submit an annual budget. Pretty much what Jack wanted I guess. I also guess they could have still done that today if his legacy had been handled properly.

From those tweets it looks like the next generation below Uncle Jack only have one idea in their head and its 'hedonism'...travel to plastic exotic places and meals with other well off plastics.

Do ANY of them still go to ANY matches....it was like a mass evacuation....expected Richard M. still to be attending/interested.

Self-interested,selfish people with only thing in their mind starts with 'I' or 'Me'. Sad.

From those tweets it looks like the next generation below Uncle Jack only have one idea in their head and its 'hedonism'...travel to plastic exotic places and meals with other well off plastics.

Do ANY of them still go to ANY matches....it was like a mass evacuation....expected Richard M. still to be attending/interested.

Self-interested,selfish people with only thing in their mind starts with 'I' or 'Me'. Sad.

And that's what that court case in Jersey is about isn't it? Nothing to interest us.

Always been the case with most of that lot I think even well before Jack left the building. Think Ross is the only one who's done anything off his own bat.

Can't even say I blame them for living their privileged lives, why wouldn't they they don't know any different.

Tha daft thing is, even the with no interest in football, I bet the Walker's would consider a PL club a good investment now. All they had to do was keep the status quo and a mid table club would make them money-a-plenty. Surely someone must have considered the PL TV rights would keep going up and up. A decent manager like Allardyce and a savvy chief exec like Williams could have kept us plodding along nicely. Collecting hefty cheques each year. That said, the mindset of the fans would be totally different. I suppose plodding along only looks favourable now after we have been pillaged.

• Moderation Lead

None of them are bothered about football, or Rovers as far as I know, so I imagine they probably don't. I agree that they ballsed up the sale and massively so by getting JA involved, but they probably viewed Rovers as a loss-making enterprise they needed rid of that was a drain on their finances.

As for the rest, well, we'd all live lavishly if we could afford to wouldn't we?

Howard certainly didn't after the league was won, he was a Utd fan after that, and probably before. He was best mates with an old boss of mine and I can't afford a libel case so I wont say what I really think. Unfortunately I did have to suffer said son quite regularly and he had nothing but disgust for Rovers after his dad had gone. There was one home game, think it was either Tranmere or Norwich at home, mid-weeker, I cheekily asked could I come in the box with them (presuming they were going) only to get reply that contained way too many expletives than needed to explain why an away mid-week Champions league tie is so much more preferable to kean-hole Rovers. Put it this way, it's no surprise Jack never let him anywhere near the club in any other capacity than a free-loader an, erm, fan.

Tha daft thing is, even the with no interest in football, I bet the Walker's would consider a PL club a good investment now. All they had to do was keep the status quo and a mid table club would make them money-a-plenty. Surely someone must have considered the PL TV rights would keep going up and up. A decent manager like Allardyce and a savvy chief exec like Williams could have kept us plodding along nicely. Collecting hefty cheques each year. That said, the mindset of the fans would be totally different. I suppose plodding along only looks favourable now after we have been pillaged.

I disagree you could ever make any decent amount of money with a club like Rovers. In the Hughes/Allardyce era we were just about breaking even. £45m of our £50m turnover was going on wages to keep us in the division and a negative transfer spend (only achievable alongside success whilst your chairman continues to hire very good managers) was necessary to cover the rest. It was a very difficult job keeping us on an even keel, although one that Williams was up to. Making money long-term would have been virtually impossible with no realistic way to grow the fanbase. Under Hughes we had to slash ticket prices despite success on the pitch just to keep attendances from sliding below 20,000.

None of them are bothered about football, or Rovers as far as I know, so I imagine they probably don't. I agree that they ballsed up the sale and massively so by getting JA involved, but they probably viewed Rovers as a loss-making enterprise they needed rid of that was a drain on their finances.

As for the rest, well, we'd all live lavishly if we could afford to wouldn't we?

I don't blame the family for not liking football or not being interested in Rovers. What I do blame them for is not respecting the lifelong passion of the man who's the source of their lavish lifestyles. If my dad/granddad/uncle etc had been massively passionate all his life about say emu farming and left me his emu farming business along with a hefty inheritance, I'd damn well make sure I kept that business successful in between swanning around the world on yachts etc. Frankly I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

• Moderation Lead

I disagree you could ever make any decent amount of money with a club like Rovers. In the Hughes/Allardyce era we were just about breaking even. £45m of our £50m turnover was going on wages to keep us in the division and a negative transfer spend (only achievable alongside success whilst your chairman continues to hire very good managers) was necessary to cover the rest. It was a very difficult job keeping us on an even keel, although one that Williams was up to. Making money long-term would have been virtually impossible with no realistic way to grow the fanbase. Under Hughes we had to slash ticket prices despite success on the pitch just to keep attendances from sliding below 20,000.

I don't blame the family for not liking football or not being interested in Rovers. What I do blame them for is not respecting the lifelong passion of the man who's the source of their lavish lifestyles. If my dad/granddad/uncle etc had been massively passionate all his life about say emu farming and left me his emu farming business along with a hefty inheritance, I'd damn well make sure I kept that business successful in between swanning around the world on yachts etc. Frankly I think they should be ashamed of themselves.

As do I, but something tells me they aren't! :angry2:

• Moderation Lead

Totally agree. I've heard from numerous sources that a number of them are thoroughly unpleasant individuals.

My girlfriend knows a couple of them, one she likes and the other, well, as my mother would say 'If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all'. I'll do just that!

Howard certainly didn't after the league was won, he was a Utd fan after that, and probably before. He was best mates with an old boss of mine and I can't afford a libel case so I wont say what I really think. Unfortunately I did have to suffer said son quite regularly and he had nothing but disgust for Rovers after his dad had gone. There was one home game, think it was either Tranmere or Norwich at home, mid-weeker, I cheekily asked could I come in the box with them (presuming they were going) only to get reply that contained way too many expletives than needed to explain why an away mid-week Champions league tie is so much more preferable to kean-hole Rovers. Put it this way, it's no surprise Jack never let him anywhere near the club in any other capacity than a free-loader an, erm, fan

Seem to recall Philipl (who as we know worships the family and trustees) saying the reason they didn't do anything was due to focusing on Fred Walker's illness. Of course that was clearly not the case.

As for Howard Walker being a United fan I hinted at that when I posted his twitter account on here. He follows United on twitter but does not follow Rovers. Everyone knows what I think about United so will leave my thoughts to your imagination.

Den stated nobody probably wanted to foot the legal bill. Well I can only think of one who might have and that's Seneca. Since their attempts to talk to Venkys were ignored they could have used some of that financing on something else useful.

The people of Blackburn should hit them where it hurts. Stanley House and all their other businesses in the area should be completely boycotted by Rovers fans. Matthewman is involved with Northcote who have a catering contract at Rovers. How much money is that worth I wonder...

That might be all we can do but at least it would be something.

Archived