BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Brentford v Rovers. 7th May

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll win this but in true Rovers style our fate will go to the final secs. Is this going to be a May 95 Anfield or a Palace second leg play off type feeling ? It really is that big but we need two things to happen, first the team shows up and puts in a superb away performance for a change and secondly the gods still need to smile on us. COYB

Bees 1.  Rovers 2

I was just thinking that I quite like Brentford FC.

Small community spirited Club with an interesting history and doing well. A credit to themselves and their fans.

If we are to go down then there are worse places it could happen.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Got a call from one of the girls in the ticket office today to sort me out with two seated tickets. Happy days.

Overnight bus from Glasgow on Saturday night with a few beers then fly home at 7pm Sunday. Taken Monday off work as I'll hopefully be celebrating and watching the recording of the game.

COYB

Someone better tell Oldjamfan.  He likes the local Rovers supporting females.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I was just thinking that I quite like Brentford FC.

Small community spirited Club with an interesting history and doing well. A credit to themselves and their fans.

If we are to go down then there are worse places it could happen.

Another lot with a fraction of what Rovers have yet have outperformed us for the last 3 years and look like doing so for some time to come.

Smaller club, smaller stadium, smaller fanbase, smaller revenues, smaller wage bill, vastly inferior facilities, yet managed properly and they're doing well. Well done to them. It's thanks to clubs like Brentford, Swansea and Barnsley that clowns like Mike Cheston and his doom-mongering we can't compete and natural level nonsense can be swiftly blown out of the water and we can question why we're in the state we're in.

It isn't because of crowds, revenues, 'size' or anything of that sort. It's to do with your bosses Mike.

Just now, JHRover said:

Another lot with a fraction of what Rovers have yet have outperformed us for the last 3 years and look like doing so for some time to come.

Smaller club, smaller stadium, smaller fanbase, smaller revenues, smaller wage bill, vastly inferior facilities, yet managed properly and they're doing well. Well done to them. It's thanks to clubs like Brentford, Swansea and Barnsley that clowns like Mike Cheston and his doom-mongering we can't compete and natural level nonsense can be swiftly blown out of the water and we can question why we're in the state we're in.

It isn't because of crowds, revenues, 'size' or anything of that sort. It's to do with your bosses Mike.

I was reading up on the new Hounslow Community Stadium only yesterday and pleased to see that the project started late March and should be finished by 2018-19 season.

A 20,000 all seater fit for the PL.

A Club that plans to succeed going forward.

Unlike us who appear to plan to fail or more likely fail to plan.

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was reading up on the new Hounslow Community Stadium only yesterday and pleased to see that the project started late March and should be finished by 2018-19 season.

A 20,000 all seater fit for the PL.

A Club that plans to succeed going forward.

Unlike us who appear to plan to fail or more likely fail to plan.

We have been building for the future everr since Venkys and their partners arrived though. Except that future is a lower league club in a kind of reversed building exercise, I think some call it demolition.

They must be so proud, it's like buying a branch of Asda then keep selling off the stock and driving away the customers into you have a big open space with only a news & fag stand in the corner but you are happy with it because it'll only take one man to run and cover it's costs. The rest of it you just switch the lights out until you can be bothered deciding what to do with it.

Corner shop con artists.

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We have been building for the future everr since Venkys and their partners arrived though. Except that future is a lower league club in a kind of reversed building exercise, I think some call it demolition.

They must be so proud, it's like buying a branch of Asda then keep selling off the stock and driving away the customers into you have a big open space with only a news & fag stand in the corner but you are happy with it because it'll only take one man to run and cover it's costs. The rest of it you just switch the lights out until you can be bothered deciding what to do with it.

Corner shop con artists.

'A brimful of Pasha, where's his P45'

I have a spare ticket in hand for Sundays game, if anyone wants it please let me know. will post 1st class recorded.

Happy to send picture for proof if needed

Was at the Wolves game the other week and atmosphere was buzzing. Gutted to have to miss this one, its gonna be rocking!

14 minutes ago, Jimmy38 said:

I have a spare ticket in hand for Sundays game, if anyone wants it please let me know. will post 1st class recorded.

Happy to send picture for proof if needed

Was at the Wolves game the other week and atmosphere was buzzing. Gutted to have to miss this one, its gonna be rocking!

Yes please! could meet you prior to the game rather than sending it via the post? 

Got 2 spare tickets, if anyone wants it send me a text 07756764980. Mates have decided they don't want to go now, with it being on sky, and I ain't going on my Todd.

Please bare in mind though I will only be selling them to people who can commit to taking the travel provided by Craven Heifer in Darwen, as I don't want to let them down, they are charging £28 for coach.

Cheers

Just now, AAK said:

Got 2 spare tickets, if anyone wants it send me a text 07756764980. Mates have decided they don't want to go now, with it being on sky, and I ain't going on my Todd.

Please bare in mind though I will only be selling them to people who can commit to taking the travel provided by Craven Heifer in Darwen, as I don't want to let them down, they are charging £28 for coach.

Cheers

I am based in London but need an extra 2 tickets for the people who wish to come with me. Let me know if you can't find a seller who can take Craven Heifer. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

While I generally agreed on Brentford having done some admirable work of late, it shouldn't be ignored that their fairly rich owner has absorbed some large losses as they went up from League One to the Championship (numbers only up to 2015 in this link): http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/brentford-methods-of-dance.html

Their debt grew from about £10M in 2013 to £45M in 2015. Their latest accounts for 15/16 show they would've lost £23M if not for having net sales of +£15M after selling Gray, Tarkowski, Odubajo, and others. Their 15/16 wages were £18M, a few million below our apparent wages, so noted that they've obviously done better with less, but they're still making major losses on that. Their turnover was only £10.5M last year, so I highly doubt they were a sustainable team this year... Their accounts also report Benham's total investment at ~£90M, which includes their stadium investments.

Key thing is having an owner willing to absorb such losses, which our owner is no longer willing/able to do... Having a few extra million of underyling turnover compared to Brentford doesn't change that much...

Archived