BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial Support for General Election Venky's out, save BRFC, save Blackburn candidate

How on earth can it be that the MP for Blackburn cannot get an invite from the owners of the town football club to go and speak to them about their intentions, and feels too concerned over safety to travel to Pune without one?

There is a sinister inference that comes out of that situation.

On 2017-6-1 at 05:41, Michael Doherty said:

She agreed to go to India with the delegation being organized by Wayne Wild – which ultimately had to be cancelled due to security advice rather than lack of political commitment. 

Is it possible to confirm if the risk assessment was at Kate Hollern's behest? Or the Trust's?

On 02/06/2017 at 08:59, Stuart said:

How on earth can it be that the MP for Blackburn cannot get an invite from the owners of the town football club to go and speak to them about their intentions, and feels too concerned over safety to travel to Pune without one?

There is a sinister inference that comes out of that situation.

Well Stuart, where to begin?

Maybe because the owners are arrogant that they consider even the MP of the constituency beneath them (definitely possible if not probable).  Maybe the owners can't be arsed? (Again a probability) so they invented a security risk.  Maybe  the owners should just get rid of their baby as everyone has just seen through them (please let that happen sooner rather than later).  Maybe the owners are just shi*e (now that is a definite).

On 2017-5-31 at 23:41, Michael Doherty said:

Hi ParsonBlue. Yes - that is me. Kate Hollern's office asked me if they could use a quote following our meeting with the Minister for Sport. After some consideration, I said yes as long as they kept it factual. This decision was confirmed by a Trust board meeting. Duncan Miller has done some great work in raising the profile of the campaign for a change of ownership at Rovers. As he has said on a number of occasions, the realistic aim is not to win the seat but to bring publicity to the campaign. We confirmed the quote before Duncan declared as a candidate but even in hindsight I stand by the decision. To explain;

Rovers Trust is politically neutral but is not apolitical. Campaigning for supporter ownership of football clubs is a deeply political act. Trying to influence Government and the football authorities to regulate football ownership more effectively involves working with the existing political structures. In the press release following the ministerial meeting, the Trust praised all local politicians who have worked to support the interests of Rovers supporters regardless of party affiliation. We expressly named Kate Hollern, Graham Jones and Jake Berry – from both sides of the House.

This next paragraph is my personal opinion and not the official stance of the Rovers Trust. There have been a number of messages on social media and this board complaining that professional politicians do not care about Rovers’ fans plight. This is just untrue. Kate Hollern worked to get a Parliamentary Early Day Motion on corruption in football (that made express reference to Venky’s disastrous ownership) listed – something that other MPs had tried and failed to do. She agreed to go to India with the delegation being organized by Wayne Wild – which ultimately had to be cancelled due to security advice rather than lack of political commitment. She, like all of us, has tried to communicate directly with Venky’s. She has advocated for Rovers fans with the EFL. She took the initiative to arrange a meeting with the Sports Minister. When we met with the Minister she spoke passionately and insightfully on the economic impact of Rovers’ decline on the town.

I hope that there is a good show for Duncan on Thursday night. The Trust will work with whoever wins Blackburn. The odds are strong that it will be Kate Hollern, in which case she has a track record of doing the right thing on the problem of Rovers' owners.

Michael this is not entirely true I agree Kate Hollern MP has worked tirelessly to get meetings with Venkys even Jake Berry & Graham Jones have both done well 2 get the issue of Venkys raised in Parliament but Tim Farron of the Lib Dems has been an utter disgrace I asked him to raise the issue keep it trending got no reply from him he has been utterly useless instead focusing on trying to go against the electorate & reverse the result of the referendum which he has no chance so all but 1 politician has done all they can in Parliament! :angry:

10 hours ago, meadows said:

In fairness Farron isn't actually a constituency MP for an area populated by Rovers fans. 

Equally in fairness, he is a die-hard Rovers fan and Rosie used to be a regular on here. i wrote to him months ago and also did not get any reply.

• Backroom
Just now, meadows said:

Which voters, Westmorland & Lonsdale? I'm not sure how much cache they attach to his choice of football team. 

Does having a favourite football team equate to somehow affecting to be "an ordinary bloke?" In what way do you think he isn't one?

He's an MP :P

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Which voters, Westmorland & Lonsdale? I'm not sure how much cache they attach to his choice of football team. 

Does having a favourite football team equate to somehow affecting to be "an ordinary bloke?" In what way do you think he isn't one?

Really? I am sure you knew damned well what I meant lol.

His message was to the national electorate on prime time TV. He often plays the Rovers fan card-the ordinary bloke/I am just like you/I am not like the others( by implication) I get it/you can trust me etc is as old as the hills.

As I reply, I can't help thinking of Andy Dufresne and his use of the word obtuse...

Love your articles, by the way. I just wish you did not feel such a need to undermine and belittle protesters. Back to Governor Norton again....

• Backroom
14 hours ago, meadows said:

Yes there are 600 and odd of them. Are none of them "ordinary" people? 

I thought it was obvious I was joking with the tongue-sticking-out smiley...

• Biddy unpinned this topic
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Archived