BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

8 hours ago, Shrimper said:

When you go to Valley Parade next week, you'll face a team who religiously play 4-4-2, or 4-3-3. 

You've got two options IMO...

1) match them for formation, and hope Mowbray manages to buy enough sets of testicles for your lads to strap on, and battle for 90 mins. 

OR

2) play 4-5-1, accept that you'll have to soak up pressure, but hit them on the counter-attack. 

Personally I @#/? detest the defensive nature of a 4-5-1 formation, but I must admit, when utilised properly, it works a treat. But it MUST be utilised properly. Defend in numbers, attack in numbers with pace & precision. Not pretty, but a team of your calibre, will get the job done, against one of your promotion rivals. And that's the main thing

With the greatest of respect Shrimper you are starting to grate a little....give it a rest for a while eh.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

With the greatest of respect Shrimper you are starting to grate a little....give it a rest for a while eh.

:rolleyes:

To be fair he's only pointing out what many of us are saying anyway. Except he's got experience in this league.

Yesterday I was on the concourse when Doncaster scored and some of the fans were genuinely shocked. "I can't believe we have let Doncaster score". "How can we be losing to a @#/? team like Doncaster".

There are still people who believe we are going to walk every game and that every team will roll over and let us tickle their stomach. There was one guy as we left when the third goal had gone in throwing himself season ticket on the floor and stamping on it FFS. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Williams was awful yesterday and I think Doyle will be our 1st left back/wing back by end of the season as I think he will develop and become a better player than Williams.

If he is currently a worse player than Williams, release him now. It would be absolutely pointless having him on the books.

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Yes Hasta it's called desperation...fans genuinely believed it couldn't get any worse but low and behold.

Two games into the season and we have the crowd singing your not fit to wear the shirt....never known anything like it!

No,  fans actually believed that the likes of Graham, Feeney, Williams, Nyambe, Raya, Evans were too good for this league. That we'd be up against a bunch of Sunday league pub players every week. That because Mowbray (who they 'trust') had brought a few bodies in that everything was rosey.

And that bubble has been burst spectacularly.

Things will continue to get worse. 

Been hearing for 7 years folk saying it can't get worse and still turning up expecting better.

Under Venkys the club will continue to deteriorate and that deterioration seems to be moving on apace now. 

Anyone expecting a anything else is not learning the lessons of history. 

All decisions these owners make are bad ones. They only ones that have made a modicum of sense are ones to remove managers they should never have appointed in the first place. 

Non-league beckons make no mistake. 

Future losses will be so small in relation to what has been lost already means they have no reason to sell. 

18 minutes ago, Athlete said:

I really can't remember a worse rover's performance ever.. After that showing league two must be on the horizon 

I also can't remember a worse manager for tactics formation etc 

He is the worst of the lot, Coyle and Kean were better (tactically of course), that is how bad he is. I would honestly sack him right now.

16 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No,  fans actually believed that the likes of Graham, Feeney, Williams, Nyambe, Raya, Evans were too good for this league. That we'd be up against a bunch of Sunday league pub players every week. That because Mowbray (who they 'trust') had brought a few bodies in that everything was rosey.

And that bubble has been burst spectacularly.

That is true but in 79/80 we had a similar start , albeit with superior players and inckuding a 3 0 win at Hillsborough ...........We got whacked at Blackpool September timtimend fans were after Kendall being sacked ....

I said at the start we will get promotion autonatic or implode , after yesterday the latter is favourite .....All is not yet lost but signs arent good , Howard Kendall could still play and was a good un !

Just now, Waggy76 said:

That is true but in 79/80 we had a similar start , albeit with superior players and inckuding a 3 0 win at Hillsborough ...........We got whacked at Blackpool September timtimend fans were after Kendall being sacked ....

I said at the start we will get promotion autonatic or implode , after yesterday the latter is favourite .....All is not yet lost but signs arent good , Howard Kendall could still play and was a good un !

I not saying we can't go up. I'm saying it is a long slog and people need to stop thinking the players are better than what they are,.

They are not vastly superior to the opposition and they need to work as an effective team to get results. 

In terms of performance, it was nowhere near as bad as we've seen. The stand out things were three stupid mistakes, each one not dealing with simple things.  Unfortunately, the other stand out was not having the balls to shoot and over-passing.  I was really impressed with how Rovers quickly won the ball back, time and time again. Dack impressed me - Evans did at times too.  Smallwood also looked like he'll be good for us.

Where we went wrong : Williams was rubbish, mainly in terms of his woeful delivery. Graham does not have the pace or work rate to play on his own. He needs to be part of a front two. Caddis - what position was he TM?? We passed the ball really well but lacked the testicles to shoot on the edge of the box or thread quality balls into the area. Ward and Mulgrew - going through the motions and because of this laid back attitude, they mess up or get their pockets picked. Raya - nearly scored an own goal and gifted the third; both times when trying to be clever. Just get rid of it when under pressure.

I think we were crying out for Dack to be out wide or playing behind Graham.  We needed Conway just to get decent balls in the box and to actually get behind the defender - Caddis had acres of time and space but either his touch or lack of pace ate it up. It's obvious we need a CB and have the personnel to outplay the opposition if they are deployed simply and effectively. No more square pegs in round holes TM because you haven't half piled pressure on yourself.

My first reaction on Mowbray's appointment was that he had done nothing to deserve getting it. In his previous job at Coventry he lost 10 games in a row before he was given the bullet.

Rovers improved under him last season but we drew too many games and we went down. He had an excuse I suppose in that he inherited someone else's (poor) team, but  this team is how now, they are his signings, and he needs to get a grip quickly or fans will be calling for his head.

There was a super interview with the Huddersfield chairman in the FT this weekend, and before he took over and got the right manager he complained that for years Huddersfield teams lacked passion and looked like 11 footballers just going through the motions. We seem to be there now - where is the passion from the players ?  

5 minutes ago, Pedro said:

In terms of performance, it was nowhere near as bad as we've seen. The stand out things were three stupid mistakes, each one not dealing with simple things.  Unfortunately, the other stand out was not having the balls to shoot and over-passing.  I was really impressed with how Rovers quickly won the ball back, time and time again. Dack impressed me - Evans did at times too.  Smallwood also looked like he'll be good for us.

Where we went wrong : Williams was rubbish, mainly in terms of his woeful delivery. Graham does not have the pace or work rate to play on his own. He needs to be part of a front two. Caddis - what position was he TM?? We passed the ball really well but lacked the testicles to shoot on the edge of the box or thread quality balls into the area. Ward and Mulgrew - going through the motions and because of this laid back attitude, they mess up or get their pockets picked. Raya - nearly scored an own goal and gifted the third; both times when trying to be clever. Just get rid of it when under pressure.

I think we were crying out for Dack to be out wide or playing behind Graham.  We needed Conway just to get decent balls in the box and to actually get behind the defender - Caddis had acres of time and space but either his touch or lack of pace ate it up. It's obvious we need a CB and have the personnel to outplay the opposition if they are deployed simply and effectively. No more square pegs in round holes TM because you haven't half piled pressure on yourself.

Where we went wrong were the poor team selection and poor tactics. Williams was rubbish because he's not a wing back, nor is Caddis. We should be going for the juggler from the 1st minute at home.

If we're going to play passing football we should at least zip the ball around with some pace. And it didn't help watering the pitch for 15 mins before the game and at half time - the ball got stuck in puddles!

You're right - it was square pegs in round holes. Embarrasing. TM needs to sort it out quickly.

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

My first reaction on Mowbray's appointment was that he had done nothing to deserve getting it. In his previous job at Coventry he lost 10 games in a row before he was given the bullet.

Rovers improved under him last season but we drew too many games and we went down. He had an excuse I suppose in that he inherited someone else's (poor) team, but  this team is how now, they are his signings, and he needs to get a grip quickly or fans will be calling for his head.

There was a super interview with the Huddersfield chairman in the FT this weekend, and before he took over and got the right manager he complained that for years Huddersfield teams lacked passion and looked like 11 footballers just going through the motions. We seem to be there now - where is the passion from the players ?  

It was the Coyle appointment that relegated us before a ball was kicked !!!

Mowbray came along and gave us hope but nothing else ,,,

The problem is there is no one at the club capable of selecting replacement , it could be Dunn ...

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is OTT, unfair and fecking rude to a long term poster on this MB.

Call your own lot halfwits by all means but not one of ours.

No offence was intended, & I agree it was OTT.

I apologise to chaddyrovers. I didn't come on here to wind people up, or make enemies. 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Spot on mate. It's time Shrimper packed up his nets and did one back to Southend.

If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll toodle-pip & bid you all good luck for the rest of the season.

14 hours ago, Dan said:

I just want to see 442 with two proper wingers, creating for two proper strikers. Simple old fashioned football, with a splash of Arte and a dollop of Labore. 

Speaking to a mate at work about this league that watches Rochdale most weeks(he's a Citeh fan, but his lad plays for the dale) and he reckons our team is the best in the league. If that's true then we are being badly managed and coached. As well as the formations, tactics etc, the players have no fire in their bellies. As others have mentioned, they are just strolling around, with zero effort. There's been times before the the loons from Pune that we were awful. Coventry away in the snow springs to mind, but it was never down the lack of passion. I'd bloody love to be moaning right now about Andy Todd getting sent off for being too aggressive. 

Do we have any leaders on the pitch anymore? 

And to think I was actually starting to miss the football this summer...

We are no where near the best team in the league. Whittingham aside, we have bought League 1 players. No surprise to see us struggling in league 1.

13 hours ago, Neal said:

People seem to still be surprised or shocked at such results. Be totally honest with yourselves and ask... Can you ever see this club experiencing any success whilst Venkys own the club? Even at league one standard?... "No" is the answer. After 7 years of this we should expect nothing but failure, dissapointment and regression. This club will never be promoted whilst they're here, no matter which manager signs what player, it will not make a jot difference, no matter how much you want to believe it will turn around, it won't, the evidence of the past 7 years is plain to see. They've taken our team, our heritage, our fan base and lastly our hope and @#/? on it. Debating tactics is like debating which suit to wear for dinner on the titanic. It's a one way ride to oblivion and unfortunately as I've always said, things will have to get worse to get better. Thing's will improve but only when these feckers have gone so in the meantime, make them feel as unwelcome as possible. 

Just before someone reminds me about this being about today's game, I watched it. I felt next to nothing as the goals went in, Peter Whittingham is the new Murphy (me and my best mate said this before the season kicked off), it looked like a team no different than any other team since they arrived, void of ideas creativity and belief. A competitive league 2 team at best, which is what they'll need soon.

Venkys Out.

Someone pointed out, as a result of me saying the same thing about Venky's, twice on this thread as you are, that we can't just get rid of them, which of course is true. I fully agree with you, we will not be promoted whist they are owners, so we will either be stuck in this league, or drop even further. The debt will carry on growing and they will perhaps become so desperate, that they will start to explore, even more  ways of raising funds to keep us afloat. Someone has also stated that we need to make their tenure as uncomfortable as possible, which is being tried, but not with enough unity, or support.

Unless they are somehow hounded out, we will sink without trace and dropping another division or two, is certainly not beyond belief. Will people carry on regardless, or will the fan base eventually unite and give it to them properly?. Just a thought, but what if they sell Brockhall to Burnley, will that do the trick?

10 minutes ago, Veiny Flap said:

Where we went wrong were the poor team selection and poor tactics. Williams was rubbish because he's not a wing back, nor is Caddis. We should be going for the juggler from the 1st minute at home.

If we're going to play passing football we should at least zip the ball around with some pace. And it didn't help watering the pitch for 15 mins before the game and at half time - the ball got stuck in puddles!

You're right - it was square pegs in round holes. Embarrasing. TM needs to sort it out quickly.

Can't argue with that. That's as it was.

17 minutes ago, Shrimper said:

If I've overstayed my welcome, I'll toodle-pip & bid you all good luck for the rest of the season.

Don't be daft. I think you've spoken a lot of sense. There's quite a few sensitive souls on here who forget It's a forum, not their front room.

1 hour ago, Athlete said:

I really can't remember a worse rover's performance ever.. After that showing league two must be on the horizon 

I also can't remember a worse manager for tactics formation etc 

This is indicative of many fans. Let me refresh your memory;

Steve Kean

Owen Coyle.

If you need any more memory support, or examples of how them two particularly, and the directors, advisors and morons who've created this mess, who've dug this hole for us- don't hesitate to ask.

Joking aside, I think Mowbray has made a royal pigs ear of the start of the season but sleeping on yesterday, we've got to give him some more time.

One thing we can be certain of - if he can't fix it, he won't cling on like the two snake oil salesmen ex managers I mentioned previously.

Perhaps now is the time to start hoping David Lowe is a "poor mans Gary Bowyer"...!!

16 minutes ago, lraC said:

Someone pointed out, as a result of me saying the same thing about Venky's, twice on this thread as you are, that we can't just get rid of them, which of course is true. I fully agree with you, we will not be promoted whist they are owners, so we will either be stuck in this league, or drop even further. The debt will carry on growing and they will perhaps become so desperate, that they will start to explore, even more  ways of raising funds to keep us afloat. Someone has also stated that we need to make their tenure as uncomfortable as possible, which is being tried, but not with enough unity, or support.

Unless they are somehow hounded out, we will sink without trace and dropping another division or two, is certainly not beyond belief. Will people carry on regardless, or will the fan base eventually unite and give it to them properly?. Just a thought, but what if they sell Brockhall to Burnley, will that do the trick?

You mean, I told you quite succinctly - what's the point in turning every thread into a sodding Venkys out thread!!

The fanbase unite? The fan base can't even stop blaming each other for something they have had no control or say in. When you and Neal figured out just what will get rid of them, perhaps let us know they we can stop this perennial blaming of fans.

We have another Venkys out thread now, so I won't post any more on here. I guess your attitude is exactly what Neal and I are eluding to. When Neal and I figure out, how to get rid of them, let us know!!!!

No why don't you joint us in getting everyone on board with this, unless of course, you think there is another reason for our demise?

Archived