BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Doncaster Rovers

Just now, lraC said:

We have another Venkys out thread now, so I won't post any more on here. I guess your attitude is exactly what Neal and I are eluding to. When Neal and I figure out, how to get rid of them, let us know!!!!

No why don't you joint us in getting everyone on board with this, unless of course, you think there is another reason for our demise?

No, I just don't see a way out of their cycle of @#/? to be quite frank, and unless someone puts some money where their mouth is, I don't think the owners will ever speak to us!

Im not happy about it, I'm as annoyed as both of you I just can't see the point in letting it tarnish everything we discuss. There is plenty to moan about yesterday, "despite" the Raos.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Biz said:

No, I just don't see a way out of their cycle of @#/? to be quite frank, and unless someone puts some money where their mouth is, I don't think the owners will ever speak to us!

Im not happy about it, I'm as annoyed as both of you I just can't see the point in letting it tarnish everything we discuss. There is plenty to moan about yesterday, "despite" the Raos.

Exactly it's a combination of things, you could sense the disconnection between the players & fans yesterday when the third went in & it all kicked off I heard a few even arguing amongst themselves. Still early days in this league to address problems that exist but in my view sooner than later should be a priority.

46 minutes ago, Veiny Flap said:

Where we went wrong were the poor team selection and poor tactics. Williams was rubbish because he's not a wing back, nor is Caddis. We should be going for the juggler from the 1st minute at home.

If we're going to play passing football we should at least zip the ball around with some pace. And it didn't help watering the pitch for 15 mins before the game and at half time - the ball got stuck in puddles!

You're right - it was square pegs in round holes. Embarrasing. TM needs to sort it out quickly.

This !

Just about everybody raised serious eyebrows at that selection and formation and one of two things usually happens when that's the case it either works and you go fair enough the manager knows better or it spectacularly back fires !

For what it's worth I think we'll get a lot more of the same from Mowbray having been looking around at what Boro and Cov fans say about him. It'll work really well some games like Coventry away and we'll get some impressive wins and attacking performances but it'll come unstuck very regularly and there'll be many cock ups.

Will it be enough to see us promoted ?   Not a chance it's completely the wrong strategy because the key areas of defence, keeper we just aren't strong enough to cope with it.

Might be enough to see us in the top 6 but heads were down too quick yesterday and the crowd reaction was as bad as it's been for a long long time although it's been brewing. Because people like Mowbray and had faith in him I think relegation was taken very well and they've had an easy ride of it but that's over now.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Exactly it's a combination of things, you could sense the disconnection between the players & fans yesterday when the third went in & it all kicked off I heard a few even arguing amongst themselves. Still early days in this league to address problems that exist but in my view sooner than later should be a priority.

I'm hoping, but doubting Tony will go back to basics this week. 

If he doesn't, I can see him losing the experienced players in either body (transfer window) or mind (downing tools) before too long.

One positive - and laugh at me if you want;

Doncaster looked absolute donkeys to me yesterday. If we hadn't literally gifted them three goals, we could've won that game despite performing poorly. Their overall passing, technique and movement was awful - and if they are one of the better teams at this level - we have more than enough quality to win games- IF WE ARE ORGANISED! We've three different strikers, we've a plethora of attacking and defending midfield options, a whole host of full backs (somehow shoehorned in yesterday),  and a spare lower league experienced keeper if Raya keeps bundling. Perhaps a dominant centrehalf short of the perfect 16 for this level?

Its a blessing in a way that we are starting badly. If this was 30 games into the season after a good start, we'd be much further up "venky creek"!

Just now, Biz said:

I just can't see the point in letting it tarnish everything we discuss. There is plenty to moan about yesterday, "despite" the Raos.

Because it's their ownership that IS the point and root of all our problems, including yesterdays result, there is no debating that and yet some people continue to think otherwise despite the past 7 years... It's not the tactics, the signings, the referee, the manager, deep down we all know the real problem so stop @#/? pretending otherwise. The club is poisoned, there will be no success, hope, ambition whilst they remain and yet some supporters just simply accept it without question. You ask me to figure out how to get rid of them... Well, I just can't accept that the fan base will not act en masse against these cretins to at least see what will happen and I strongly believe that when we're in league 2 there will still be the majority of fans not willing to stand up to them... Because of that, I'll continue to boycott Ewood and stay clear on here. It's better for all concerned.

Take care.

Just now, Neal said:

Because it's their ownership that IS the point and root of all our problems, including yesterdays result, there is no debating that and yet some people continue to think otherwise despite the past 7 years... It's not the tactics, the signings, the referee, the manager, deep down we all know the real problem so stop @#/? pretending otherwise. The club is poisoned, there will be no success, hope, ambition whilst they remain and yet some supporters just simply accept it without question. You ask me to figure out how to get rid of them... Well, I just can't accept that the fan base will not act en masse against these cretins to at least see what will happen and I strongly believe that when we're in league 2 there will still be the majority of fans not willing to stand up to them... Because of that, I'll continue to boycott Ewood and stay clear on here. It's better for all concerned.

Take care.

The owners are truly horrid characters, who make my skin crawl - but if you are telling me that this team playing proper organised football couldn't of won yesterday, because of Bling Barry and the boys, you're completely mistaken.

Venkyscum is a fact not a mere opinion. I feel just as sick looking at an empty stadium, sitting listening to DONCASTER fans call my team F****** S****.

The problem is though, My definition of giving into them IS boycotting. Why should I give up on my choice of pastime because they've mistreated it? Still enjoyed the time spent with family and friends yesterday - I'm not giving it up for some whimsical dream of forcing some remote billionaire to sell a trinket.

38 minutes ago, Biz said:

This is indicative of many fans. Let me refresh your memory;

Steve Kean

Owen Coyle.

If you need any more memory support, or examples of how them two particularly, and the directors, advisors and morons who've created this mess, who've dug this hole for us- don't hesitate to ask.

Joking aside, I think Mowbray has made a royal pigs ear of the start of the season but sleeping on yesterday, we've got to give him some more time.

One thing we can be certain of - if he can't fix it, he won't cling on like the two snake oil salesmen ex managers I mentioned previously.

Perhaps now is the time to start hoping David Lowe is a "poor mans Gary Bowyer"...!!

Tbf I am struggling to think of a worse rover's performance.. OK we can go on about Venkys but what happens on the pitch the buck has to stop somewhere and that is at Mowbrays door 

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Disappointing still not the end of the universe as some people are making out. Get behind the lads and we can still get out of this division comfortably.

Fans got behind the lads yesterday and they were still shrinking violets who looked confused by what they were supposed to be doing...

Just now, Athlete said:

Tbf I am struggling to think of a worse rover's performance.. OK we can go on about Venkys but what happens on the pitch the buck has to stop somewhere and that is at Mowbrays door 

Single worst for me was under Appleton at home to Peterborough. Yesterday was bad, but it was poor tactics and mistakes.

The first half of the Peterborough game at home will stick with me for some time as the most fake football team, not turning up for anything but money, not even caring that the goals went in. In a scenario where we are on the brink of back to back relegations. I was scarred that day... if I ever meet Danny Murphy in person, I know exactly what I'm going to ask him.

Just now, Biz said:

Single worst for me was under Appleton at home to Peterborough. Yesterday was bad, but it was poor tactics and mistakes.

The first half of the Peterborough game at home will stick with me for some time as the most fake football team, not turning up for anything but money, not even caring that the goals went in. In a scenario where we are on the brink of back to back relegations. I was scarred that day... if I ever meet Danny Murphy in person, I know exactly what I'm going to ask him.

I was fortunate to be on holiday for that one.. The only other I can think of is the Shrewsbury defeat many many years ago just before the Liverpool replay 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Watch the highlights (here if you can't be bothered finding them).

After Raya makes his mistake, Nyambe and Ward should be busting their balls trying to cover for him.

Ward almost gives up immediately, and had Nyambe sprinted across he may have closed the shot down. 

Awful.

I thought the same. Ward only trotted after him. In the highlights, Ward was shocking. Positional sense all over the place. Even for the penalty Ward was no where to be seen. Sitting on his arse on the half way line. Awful player. Should be no where near the team. Bad mistake by Raya but he will learn from that. Lenihan needed back and Centre half has to be brought in asap. Gutted after yesterday but if we go to Bradford and get a point even that will be progress. Get the swede up top with Samuel. Graham needs to realise he is not too good for this league. Where are his pre season goals now? Very lazy. Need a bit of life up top

Just now, Athlete said:

I can't remember a worse one for calamitous errors but I have seen far worse performances. Either way, we should be better than that, the manager gets paid well to  take the blame and they deserved the walk-outs and boos.

Just now, Biz said:

The owners are truly horrid characters, who make my skin crawl - but if you are telling me that this team playing proper organised football couldn't of won yesterday, because of Bling Barry and the boys, you're completely mistaken.

Venkyscum is a fact not a mere opinion. I feel just as sick looking at an empty stadium, sitting listening to DONCASTER fans call my team F****** S****.

The problem is though, My definition of giving into them IS boycotting. Why should I give up on my choice of pastime because they've mistreated it? Still enjoyed the time spent with family and friends yesterday - I'm not giving it up for some whimsical dream of forcing some remote billionaire to sell a trinket.

I'm not saying you should boycott, that is only one form of protest which is what i choose to use because it's the option for all concerned. Fair playbfor standing your ground.

On your point of the football yesterday, I take your point but we've been saying this of every manager and every team since they arrived which again rolls back to my previous points made. 

I'm glad you and your family time still enjoy spending time down there and I hope you all experience some better performances this season. 

Cheers.

Just now, Biz said:

I'm hoping, but doubting Tony will go back to basics this week. 

If he doesn't, I can see him losing the experienced players in either body (transfer window) or mind (downing tools) before too long.

One positive - and laugh at me if you want;

Doncaster looked absolute donkeys to me yesterday. If we hadn't literally gifted them three goals, we could've won that game despite performing poorly. Their overall passing, technique and movement was awful - and if they are one of the better teams at this level - we have more than enough quality to win games- IF WE ARE ORGANISED! We've three different strikers, we've a plethora of attacking and defending midfield options, a whole host of full backs (somehow shoehorned in yesterday),  and a spare lower league experienced keeper if Raya keeps bundling. Perhaps a dominant centrehalf short of the perfect 16 for this level?

Its a blessing in a way that we are starting badly. If this was 30 games into the season after a good start, we'd be much further up "venky creek"!

Mowbray is a purist. He'll not change. If they hadn't scored yesterday he'd still have our lot passing the ball to each other.in our own half. Yesterday was Raya to Ward  to Raya to Mulgrew to Evans to Smallwood to Whiitingham to Williams to Evans to Caddis to Nyambe to Raya....rinse and repeat 48 times. Doncaster just let us do it then as soon as we hit it forward over the halfway line to Graham they just took it off us.  There was no movement, no runners, no desire. And it was sooooooooooooooooooooo slllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.....

He only changed it after an hour but then it exposed the real problem, the lack of pace at the back. Because Nyambe had gone to full back and actually started going forward down the wing, as soon as we lost the ball they just hit it over the top of our pet tortoises and their forwards just jogged a bit and were clean through.

Until he sorts out the centre of that defence we are stuffed. If he doesn't he's more deluded than I think he is.

Agree on Donny, nothing a good team wouldn't have beaten. We only put 2 decent crosses in and we scored off one.  I think it was Nyambe with the cross for the goal. He'll probably get fined for not passing it slowly on the floor to Ward.

Just now, Neal said:

I'm not saying you should boycott, that is only one form of protest which is what i choose to use because it's the option for all concerned. Fair playbfor standing your ground.

On your point of the football yesterday, I take your point but we've been saying this of every manager and every team since they arrived which again rolls back to my previous points made. 

I'm glad you and your family time still enjoy spending time down there and I hope you all experience some better performances this season. 

Cheers.

That's just it Neil, I've been to some of the organised protests, I've donated twice - which was nothing by the way - I, and many more could do much more.

The issue is, what difference will it make? I know that's the main argument most protest movements have to overcome but there is a reason. Perhaps a drive to "advertise the club to new owners" without actually owning the club is a better target for getting more fan support on board?

This season - if you asked other fans from other clubs what they thought of our chances and "backing", what do you think they'd say (cue Shrimper! :) ) ? I know they won't know the whole "shebang" :- best run town club in the land to financial black hole, but for this league, we have the necessary players to go up.

So whilst venkys are still a catastrophe, the team in isolation should be equipped to perform in this league despite the owners. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray is a purist. He'll not change. If they hadn't scored yesterday he'd still have our lot passing the ball to each other.in our own half. Yesterday was Raya to Ward  to Raya to Mulgrew to Evans to Smallwood to Whiitingham to Williams to Evans to Caddis to Nyambe to Raya....rinse and repeat 48 times. Doncaster just let us do it then as soon as we hit it forward over the halfway line to Graham they just took it off us.  There was no movement, no runners, no desire. And it was sooooooooooooooooooooo slllooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.....

He only changed it after an hour but then it exposed the real problem, the lack of pace at the back. Because Nyambe had gone to full back and actually started going forward down the wing, as soon as we lost the ball they just hit it over the top of our pet tortoises and their forwards just jogged a bit and were clean through.

Until he sorts out the centre of that defence we are stuffed. If he doesn't he's more deluded than I think he is.

Agree on Donny, nothing a good team wouldn't have beaten. We only put 2 decent crosses in and we scored off one.  I think it was Nyambe with the cross for the goal. He'll probably get fined for not passing it slowly on the floor to Ward.

I'm a big Sam fan, you don't need to know how I feel about tippy tappy bs...!!

I thought we got Whittingham for set pieces? We played everyone 30+ yards out short yesterday. Put it in the mixer and pack the box for crying out loud.

25 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Disappointing still not the end of the universe as some people are making out. Get behind the lads and we can still get out of this division comfortably.

If only football was that simple eh. Results so far and more importantly performances just don't auger well for the future. Mowbray simply has to swallow his pride and get back to basics. It is far too complicated for the players in this system he has played.

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

That's just it Neil, I've been to some of the organised protests, I've donated twice - which was nothing by the way - I, and many more could do much more.

The issue is, what difference will it make? I know that's the main argument most protest movements have to overcome but there is a reason. Perhaps a drive to "advertise the club to new owners" without actually owning the club is a better target for getting more fan support on board?

This season - if you asked other fans from other clubs what they thought of our chances and "backing", what do you think they'd say (cue Shrimper! :) ) ? I know they won't know the whole "shebang" :- best run town club in the land to financial black hole, but for this league, we have the necessary players to go up.

So whilst venkys are still a catastrophe, the team in isolation should be equipped to perform in this league despite the owners. 

I'm a big Sam fan, you don't need to know how I feel about tippy tappy bs...!!

I thought we got Whittingham for set pieces? We played everyone 30+ yards out short yesterday. Put it in the mixer and pack the box for crying out loud.

Yes, we are a soft touch in every way. Teams will relish playing us. Embarrassing 

Archived