BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Restart

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

To be truthful he doesn't care. He never kicked up a fuss about the refund or not being able to see the games. He's firmly in the category of "I watch my Rovers games in the ground". It was more my beef with the clubs actions. 

He has Sky and will be kept entertained by the PL, so as a family we aren't particularly "put out" by what has gone on. However, in business terms, if another company had treat my grandad in the same fashion they would not receive another penny from us. In my eyes that is taking advantage of your consumers because, and the club realises this, we aren't "just customers". 

So in the business terms of the club they got it right then ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

So in the business terms of the club they got it right then ?

No, they definitely didn't. You have misunderstood my point.

My Grandad isn't annoyed by the lack of refund because he's in the old-school category of supporting your club in the ground. He's 82 and has bigger worries than 50 quid. If the offer was given to him for a refund he wouldn't have took it. That doesn't mean the option shouldn't have been given to him though. There will be plenty of people out there, including myself, that see it as a consumer right that you should be offered an alternative to the live football game you have paid for. iFollow doesn't match the product you purchased hence why the refund should be on the difference in cost between the two.

However, this idea that because you have iFollow you've been provided with your service is wrong. It doesn't cater for people who either aren't technology savvy or don't have internet access. So for that marginal group of people the Club have completely failed them. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, my Grandad has effectively been stolen from. He has no way of watching another game this season despite having paid for 23 games of football. The Club have no way of providing that service to him therefore the club should give him his money back. They aren't though because they are banking on him being the type of person he is. That's wrong.

Put it this way, I don't think the owners before Venkys would have acted in the same way. It simply isn't the way Rovers fans should want their club to be run. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

No, they definitely didn't. You have misunderstood my point.

My Grandad isn't annoyed by the lack of refund because he's in the old-school category of supporting your club in the ground. He's 82 and has bigger worries than 50 quid. If the offer was given to him for a refund he wouldn't have took it. That doesn't mean the option shouldn't have been given to him though. There will be plenty of people out there, including myself, that see it as a consumer right that you should be offered an alternative to the live football game you have paid for. iFollow doesn't match the product you purchased hence why the refund should be on the difference in cost between the two.

However, this idea that because you have iFollow you've been provided with your service is wrong. It doesn't cater for people who either aren't technology savvy or don't have internet access. So for that marginal group of people the Club have completely failed them. In fact, I'd go as far as to say, my Grandad has effectively been stolen from. He has no way of watching another game this season despite having paid for 23 games of football. The Club have no way of providing that service to him therefore the club should give him his money back. They aren't though because they are banking on him being the type of person he is. That's wrong.

Put it this way, I don't think the owners before Venkys would have acted in the same way. It simply isn't the way Rovers fans should want their club to be run. 

The Walkers cared about the Rovers , about as much as the Venkys.

27 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

To play devil's advocate the previous owners almost certainly wouldn't have hung around to pump in £150m plus to keep us afloat.

Imo if we'd been relegated on their watch they'd have run for the hills leaving us high and dry and we wouldn't have seen them for dust.

Nothing I've seen from the way they treated their other businesses reeked of class either. They even flogged off Fred's baby Stanley House to the Eurogarage mob and the operating losses on that would never have made much difference to their overall position.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Simple question that needs putting to Waggott is to ask why were are different to 21 of the other 23 clubs in not offering refunds as an option. 

Either he's one step ahead of all the others, or he's falling short. 

I know which i reckon it is.

• Like 1

The "First Team" is supposedly the XI which will feature on Saturday.
Walton, Lenihan, Tosin, Travis and Holtby can all be seen in the home kit from pictures around social media.

The "Youth Team & Reserves" side featured players from Danny Graham to Jack Vale. Smallwood, Chapman and Gallagher also featured in the away strip so could be good news for those like me who don't have much time for Gallagher starting games.

Danny Graham managed a hat-trick, featuring for the "lesser" side, and whilst I couldn't tell you the final score - it's fairly scary that our 2nd team can score at least three goals against our 1st. I hope it was 7-3 but something tells me the lack of footage from the game is telling. (Mainly because beforehand Rovers said they'd be posting content from the match)

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The "First Team" is supposedly the XI which will feature on Saturday.
Walton, Lenihan, Tosin, Travis and Holtby can all be seen in the home kit from pictures around social media.

The "Youth Team & Reserves" side featured players from Danny Graham to Jack Vale. Smallwood, Chapman and Gallagher also featured in the away strip so could be good news for those like me who don't have much time for Gallagher starting games.

Danny Graham managed a hat-trick, featuring for the "lesser" side, and whilst I couldn't tell you the final score - it's fairly scary that our 2nd team can score at least three goals against our 1st. I hope it was 7-3 but something tells me the lack of footage from the game is telling. (Mainly because beforehand Rovers said they'd be posting content from the match)

Or a cunning plan from ToMo in case anybody from Bristol saw the footage,and thinks we will be playing our strikers up front centre .:)

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Where have you seen that about casting being blocked? I can’t see that anywhere....

It is by Sky and seeing as Sky are running ifollow i would be surprised if it isn't..tbh I am quite surprised Sky didn't go for red button option as well as it's not as if it would impact on saturday attendances

58 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Or a cunning plan from ToMo in case anybody from Bristol saw the footage,and thinks we will be playing our strikers up front centre .:)

Or a case of Tony knows his best eleven. It’s just that he doesn’t know The Rovers best eleven.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I've rarely watched a stream on my laptop before, but wouldn't that make the picture worse?

My experience of watching the red button has been that the better quality HD your TV is the worse the stream looks!

Its just like a big monitor to your pc or laptop.

All streaming is flaky and frustratingly behind real time which is another reason the club should have given fans a choice of voucher refund etc

Anyone betting knows the score before it happens on your screen very frustrating ..have you ever watched a game on bet365 ? The action on your video mode is still a few seconds behind .

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/club-update-player-contracts/

Hull have lost some of their first team players ahead of the last 9 games. Lichaj, Irvine, Kingsley and Maddison all unable to agree extensions and Barnsley taking Wilks back as soon as is legally possible.

I find it strange that Smallwood and Samuel are playing in the friendlies and presumably staying when youd like to think they will be off at the end of the season. Presume everyones staying but wonder if they will publically announce it.

30 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/club-update-player-contracts/

Hull have lost some of their first team players ahead of the last 9 games. Lichaj, Irvine, Kingsley and Maddison all unable to agree extensions and Barnsley taking Wilks back as soon as is legally possible.

I find it strange that Smallwood and Samuel are playing in the friendlies and presumably staying when youd like to think they will be off at the end of the season. Presume everyones staying but wonder if they will publically announce it.

Clubs have until 23rd of June to agree small contract extension to finish the season. Will Smallwood be here next season? Nope. Samuel could be needed in the run in so he will sign a small contract extension I would think. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Clubs have until 23rd of June to agree small contract extension to finish the season. Will Smallwood be here next season? Nope. Samuel could be needed in the run in so he will sign a small contract extension I would think. 

I dont think either will be needed in the run in to be honest. We already have at least 4 strikers so may aswell let Samuel and Smallwood go now and hopefully save some much needed pennies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think either will be needed in the run in to be honest. We already have at least 4 strikers so may aswell let Samuel and Smallwood go now and hopefully save some much needed pennies.

They get a month extra pay in July if they dont find a new club in that month aswell. So you are paying away  

They get a month extra pay in July if they dont find a new club in that month aswell. So you are paying away  

I am not convinced/sure how that would work because surely the contract would just be extended so ultimately they will then be paid into August.

Either way though, even if there is no financial saving, neither are of much use so let them go and find a new club as they probably wont make the bench anyway.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am not convinced/sure how that would work because surely the contract would just be extended so ultimately they will then be paid into August.

Either way though, even if there is no financial saving, neither are of much use so let them go and find a new club as they probably wont make the bench anyway.

Looking about the fans forum minutes from 10th June Waggott said he believed all players affect would play for us in July if Mowbray want them too

On 11/06/2020 at 16:39, Mattyblue said:

I noticed there was a Fans Forum yesterday, hopefully he was made aware of the very precarious position we will find ourselves in fanbase wise if this is handled wrongly... but I doubt it. The importance of re-stocking player photos in the club shop and concourse shelving I imagine took precedence.

Here are minutes from Fans Forum

ff-zoom-minutes-10.6.20.pdf

So the FF didn’t press him on potential options for next season, quelle surprise.

However, as Birdy (AB) gets to have his match day sponsorship rolled over to  next season and not just donated to aid cash flow, I presume it will be the same for season ticket holders next season...

Edited by Mattyblue

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking about the fans forum minutes from 10th June Waggott said he believed all players affect would play for us in July if Mowbray want them too

Here are minutes from Fans Forum

ff-zoom-minutes-10.6.20.pdf

Just reading the minutes, thanks for the link.

I dont think that we need Samuel and Smallwood either way and playing alternatives would make more sense looking forward as neither is important but seems that there is no financial saving from cutting them loose.

Must say that regarding the options for season ticket holders, the quotes from Waggott are disorganised mess. The owners are supplementing the furloughed staffs wages, fair play. But then when it comes to refunds, cash flow problems brought straight up and Venkys not mentioned. Its just a communication nightmare, hes seemingly not been challenged too much but is well aware of all of the ways people are missing out potentially. Asking them to contact the club is not really a firm option, most other clubs communicated clearly the options aside from the ifollow option and if best case scenario an additional option is offered, it could have saved a lot of strain on the relationship with supporters had it been communicated initially.

Interesting that play off games arent included either in the STH "package" should it come to that. 

I suppose his personal opinion isnt of that much value overall but interesting to see him suggest than supporters in stadiums "might happen optimistically in October, realistically in January and pessimistically not until the 2021/22 season." Suppose he is covering all bases, if worst case scenario comes to fruition, the football league will be in smithereens. Optimistically would be basically next season onwards.