BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

If the VH company become our new owners, would "Roar" have to ditch his suit and don a giant cockerel outfit?

He would look more ridiculous than he does now. His name would probably be "Cluck". And "Roarina" would be plain "Hen".

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have been told to stop asking this. So stop it. It's bloody tedious.

What about a 12 o clocker, im sure nobody has asked this ;)

I still get the feeling, that Syed will eventually become the owner. We are still not sure, what exactly it is, that has put Syed's bid in jeopardy. We are not even sure, if his bid is in trouble. It has to be sorted out, either with the club being sold, or we continue with the mystery trust.

If the VH company become our new owners, would "Roar" have to ditch his suit and don a giant cockerel outfit?

He would look more ridiculous than he does now. His name would probably be "Cluck". And "Roarina" would be plain "Hen".

Ooohh tut, tut Bazza.

Roar and giant cockerels?

:lol:

I think it's time the supporters were told something official by the club. It doesn't have to be in great detail. But a short explanatory message of what is going on is only fair.

I don't think "nothing" would go down well.

Surely I'm not the only one who has accepted we won't be sold in the near future?

There should be something in the Mirror tomorrow.

I will fill in any gaps if they have been missed out.

Chickens may finally be coming home to roost...the buck stops here...and your cluck might be in.

Sorry, I can't resist. The gags on this one just keep on coming.

You are of course pulling our legs! Leaving us all in a flutter. No clucking going on, but just stuffed with takeover talks. but of course if our chickens come home to roost, bring on the spuds, and give evewrybody else a roasting.

Obviously we have no way of knowing the answer to that with any degree of certainty, but I honestly feel that if the sale has been aborted for the forseeable future the Trust will have little option but to invest to whatever level is necessary to save Rovers from the doldrums. And perhaps more importantly to them,, to make the club a more attractive proposition for any future selling attempt.

I honestly don't think that the level of uncertainty implicit within your post would be good for the club. We could be on the market for years. I really doubt that the Trust would invest more than the absolute minimum it considered necessary to keep us in the Premier League----there's a huge element of risk in that for a start. Further I could see us playing "survival football' forever. Best to get it sold and over with (always assuming the obvious checks of course).

There is one thing however that worries me about this we know they are close they have proved beyond any doubt they have the money. Syed at least had a 15 year plan & strategy but we have heard nothing from this group about what plans they have for the club. Also another worry Syed said he wanted Sam to remain in charge but this new group have said nothing about retaining Sam or anything else. I would have preferred before they got close if they stated what their plans are?. Also when they declined to comment on these matters why was this. However I believe we have to trust the trust and find the best financial owner for BRFC even though very generous from Mr Syed with the donations I feel a little bit sorry for him seems like a nice kind of chap. But I do agree unless we are taken over we will slip back into oblivion so could be good.

I just REALLY hope we have got ALOT of assurances from them, clear debt, improve the facilities, improve the squad, improve the academy etc....not asking for a City Arab style owner, just someone stable.

I would have preferred before they got close if they stated what their plans are?. Also when they declined to comment on these matters why was this.

That sort of move caused problems for one other bidder...im sure the Trust will be well aware of their future plans - no need to be public on it! Why tell the world you have £100m for players, best to say you have nothing & then suprise people I suppose.

Right now the company may be worth £244 million or whatever.

However I guess what they're hoping to do with buying Rovers is to put their name into the international marketplace by having their name associated with our club and so their profits could increase hugely.

If that's the case we could find our fortunes inextricably linked with that of the company.

Success for us would mean even more exposure for them which could provide even more business for them and even more funds for us.

That's the way it's meant to work, anyway..

There is one thing however that worries me about this we know they are close they have proved beyond any doubt they have the money. Syed at least had a 15 year plan & strategy but we have heard nothing from this group about what plans they have for the club. Also another worry Syed said he wanted Sam to remain in charge but this new group have said nothing about retaining Sam or anything else. I would have preferred before they got close if they stated what their plans are?. Also when they declined to comment on these matters why was this. However I believe we have to trust the trust and find the best financial owner for BRFC even though very generous from Mr Syed with the donations I feel a little bit sorry for him seems like a nice kind of chap. But I do agree unless we are taken over we will slip back into oblivion so could be good.

And when Syed stated his plans for Rovers he was absolutely pasted on here for shouting his mouth off. It was not, we were told, "the Rovers way". :mellow:

...the "poultry business" is involved in some of the most viciously cruel and inhumane treatment of animals imaginable. In fact, it is pretty much the biggest perpetrater.

so...let's pass. Please.

I have to agree. If this takeover does go through with VH group, I will have to research into exactly what the company does and what it stands for. If cruelty against animals is a part of their business, then I could not affiliate myself with them. It is an awful position to be in personally, as a fan of Blackburn Rovers. I know many others will not see this as an issue at all, but for me it truly is. I love the club, but there are more important things in life to me.

I have to agree. If this takeover does go through with VH group, I will have to research into exactly what the company does and what it stands for. If cruelty against animals is a part of their business, then I could not affiliate myself with them. It is an awful position to be in personally, as a fan of Blackburn Rovers. I know many others will not see this as an issue at all, but for me it truly is. I love the club, but there are more important things in life to me.

The only issues for me would be if they have enough cash, and a plan for future devlopment of our club.

Im not feeling very confident, about this VH group taking over. I feel very uncomfortable, and i understand that the trust have thoroughly checked them out, but the trust can make mistakes. There are certain bits in the article by Nicko, that worries and i hope im proved wrong, but i have a bad feeling about this.

We do not need to know what plans they have. The club and the trustees are the ones who need to know. In Nicko's article it said that they see the prem becoming bigger and bigger in Asia and India. Therefore I suggest that is where they consider they will make their money. It would be nice to know what plans they have, but at the end of the day we are not the ones who NEED to know.

Right now the company may be worth £244 million or whatever.

However I guess what they're hoping to do with buying Rovers is to put their name into the international marketplace by having their name associated with our club and so their profits could increase hugely.

If that's the case we could find our fortunes inextricably linked with that of the company.

Success for us would mean even more exposure for them which could provide even more business for them and even more funds for us.That's the way it's meant to work, anyway..

Chicken and egg situation then.......

Archived