BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowyer needs to get at the em and really go for it from the word go NOT SIT BACK as they'll punish us.....in reallity this is all Liverpool have left to play for and cant see them lacking the final ball like they did in the 1st game

Liverpool have a bit of disarmonay at the moment with the Sterling situation a couple of injuries and come after a bad defeat

Just go for it its a one off game nothing to lose

Disagree there. We need to sit deep denied in behind the backline and space between the defence and Midfield.

I wouldn't be surprise if Liverpool revert back to play 4-3-3 formation. His 3-4-3 formation got very badly exposed in the last 2 games.

King's pace will trouble them big time if he is fit.

Gestede is crucial for this game cos we need him to hold the ball up.

We could do with a song aimed at Sterling, put him off his game.

I remember Beckham getting subbed just after half time at Ewood. He lost his rag after relentless barracking from the Rovers fans.

I remember Rio scoring the own goal and getting sent off after relentless barracking from the Rovers fans. What a day that was.

• Backroom

Eastwood will be a big miss he's performed brilliantly in cup games, Steeles an ok keeper but always looks close to a mistake.

We need King fit as some pace is essential and I can't see anyone else in the squad with it.

I think it will go to penalties then its anybodies game.

Need to keep expectation low factoring in that our team play better when there is little hope, if we start well and fancy ourselves it would end bad.

In fact I think an early goal for us could have a negative effect (we've gone behind in the two cup games at home this season)

He enjoys tempting fate, for some reason.

Not at all.

It's simple, you get a gut feel about these things and that's my feel.

How many times have you been at a match and sensed after 20 minutes or so that it's not going to be Rovers' day and they wont, and don't, score - it happens.

Accommodation booked London way for semi & final weekends and I don't expect having to cancel.

Not at all.

It's simple, you get a gut feel about these things and that's my feel.

How many times have you been at a match and sensed after 20 minutes or so that it's not going to be Rovers' day and they wont, and don't, score - it happens.

Accommodation booked London way for semi & final weekends and I don't expect having to cancel.

Sometimes you really are very annoying. :angry:

Don't see anything wrong with what I've said.

Anything wrong with optimism ?

Nothing at all. Like you I believe that sometimes your name is on the Cup come what may. Blind faith - I'll have a piece of that.

Plus LaPool are currently there for the taking and we have to do Villa again - it all adds up.

Disagree there. We need to sit deep denied in behind the backline and space between the defence and Midfield.

I wouldn't be surprise if Liverpool revert back to play 4-3-3 formation. His 3-4-3 formation got very badly exposed in the last 2 games.

King's pace will trouble them big time if he is fit.

Gestede is crucial for this game cos we need him to hold the ball up.

Play your way we'll get punished... He has to go for it... If we go one up the way Liverpools dressing room moral is at the moment they may fold especially after the dressing down at Melwood yesterday..

Don't see anything wrong with what I've said.

Anything wrong with optimism ?

Optimism is one thing, you are tempting fate in the extreme.

Booking accommodation at this stage is arrogant. Crowing about it is just smug. Proper wind up material.

I remember Rio scoring the own goal and getting sent off after relentless barracking from the Rovers fans. What a day that was.

Different game

In fact I think an early goal for us could have a negative effect (we've gone behind in the two cup games at home this season)

You're in two minds then???? :)

Play your way we'll get punished... He has to go for it... If we go one up the way Liverpools dressing room moral is at the moment they may fold especially after the dressing down at Melwood yesterday..

We underestimate Liverpool at our own peril. They have more than enough quality to punish us if we go gung-ho.

I agree with chaddy, let's get men behind the ball, frustrate them and look to break on the counter.

At best I'm nervous. And that worries me because it means there is belief that we have a chance. I had no nerves against Swansea or Stoke because I expected to lose.

The idea of confidence is a false one. It ignores reality and recent home games.

My biggest worry is that Bowyer will pick Hanley to start and everyone's spirits will be dampened by that 'oh' moment.

All eyes will be on the selection. We have picked attacking line-ups for the last two and been successful. When we have been cautious and defensive we have slipped up.

On Wednesday I just want to be proud to be a Rover. The fans can impact that as much as the players.

Optimism is one thing, you are tempting fate in the extreme.

Booking accommodation at this stage is arrogant. Crowing about it is just smug. Proper wind up material.

Neither arrogant nor smug. What is wrong with planning ahead ?

And certainly not crowing about it, was just trying to get across how confident I am about getting to the final.

No pleasing some though - either too miserable or too optimistic, you just can't win with some.

We didn't punished in the 1st game tho did we?

all the pressure is on them.

I would play King on the left wing and Gestede up front if both are fit.

My team would be:- Steele; Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson; C.Taylor, Cairney, Evans, Williamson, King; Gestede.

Only way to play this game is to get in their faces early doors and try to fracture am already fragile morale.

Sounds like the Melwood / Anfield dressing room is a far from happy place at the moment.

Be positive, go for the jugular and the prize will be ours.

Neither arrogant nor smug. What is wrong with planning ahead ?

And certainly not crowing about it, was just trying to get across how confident I am about getting to the final.

No pleasing some though - either too miserable or too optimistic, you just can't win with some.

Never mind, you aren't the only one on here with no concept of middle ground.

Just what we need !

Jim Boardman @JimBoardman 16m16 minutes ago

Been told a couple of senior LFC players tore strips off the boss after Saturday's defeat, after he'd "had a go" at Kolo.

Never mind, you aren't the only one on here with no concept of middle ground.

You really are a horrible little man who can do little more than launch personal criticisms against fellow posters.

You really must lead a sad little life.

That will be my first time visiting Ewood. I have been to a few Rovers games but never saw us winning (Millwall 2-2, Watford 1-0, Liverpool 0-0)

I hope that this time i will see us celebrating after the last whistle

My team if everyones fit would be

Eastwood

Henley Baptiste Killa Olsson

Taylor Cairney Williamson Marshall

Rudy King

If King and Rudy are still injured i would put Evans in the middle and Rhodes infront

Archived