BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LT is predicting this team:- Steele; Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon, Olsson; Conway, Williamson, Cairney, Evans, Marshall; Rhodes.

Could be bang on the money that with the injuries

Am I reading that right? Olsson CM? Are you mad?

It was supposed to look like Olsson LM (Cairney RM) with the two wingers further up. I guess the layout of the post altered its appearance

LewisF...please name the games other than a couple of cup games when King has actually terrosized other teams ..yes he's fast I get that but in most games he does nothing else apart from get in good positions and then doh!

LewisF...please name the games other than a couple of cup games when King has actually terrosized other teams ..yes he's fast I get that but in most games he does nothing else apart from get in good positions and then doh!

I realise that his finishing hasn't always been the best, having watched him towards the start of the season I was never really impressed with him, but he certainly seemed to have stepped up a notch before he got injured in his finishing and in his performance overall - I just think that he's a really good, fast player to have on the team and cause chaos in the opposition's defence. Each to their own though :)

• Backroom

Towards the end of last season he was great consistently for a good few games at home

Even worse, the home ends will have plenty of plastic reds in them who crawl out for this game with their BB and PR postcodes.

Hope they have the sense to keep their gobs shut - although I suspect a lot don't get to football matches much. :rolleyes:

Seen a few of these out themselves down the years in the BBE or Riverside. Attending their only match like ever and being overcome with that smug false superiority they think they have over fans of the local club. Doesn't usually end well for them though and at the very least they get whizzed out having paid way over the odds for their ticket :rover: mugs !

No probs at all with the ones who keep a low profile as I've done it myself at Anfield a few times and at notlob.

I am at our Liverpool office for 8am on Thursday morning.

Let's hope I can be a smug b'astard for a change.

I am at our Liverpool office for 8am on Thursday morning.

Let's hope I can be a smug b'astard for a change.

Interviewing some scousers for a job.....shall I ask them what team they support? :-)

- If Rhodes plays, will be make as good as an impression as Rudy did against Premier League opposition? Might prove some doubters wrong. Or not.

- Surely there will be thousands of local based plastic liverpool fans in the home stands if we have sold out.

Towards the end of last season he was great consistently for a good few games at home

Agree. He's far from brilliant but he's an asset that has been underused at times whilst he has been here.

The reason King gets so much stick is because generally when he does something good you then notice the lack of end product.

Other midfielders that cannot actually get past their man don't have that problem as they just keep tapping the ball sideways.

• Backroom

Amazing considering how many said they weren't going to Ewood because of the Venky's !

At least we will now see Ewood almost full for the remaining home league games....

Some have stuck to their guns DMTP

The thought of that Indian Scum possibly lording it up at Wembley almost makes me bring back my dinner. However it is tempered by the image of many happy and wondrous faces of young Rovers entering Wembley for the first time. A present day 1987 even down to the similarities of the teams. Charlton were a crap Division one side (like Villa) whilst Rovers were a crap Division two side just like now.

its a difficult one with King , if he is fit enough to play , there's always a risk he will break down during the game , that risk seems greater when he comes on off the bench so logically it may be best to start him ....... however ... tactically it would be better to bring him on as a impact sub

• Backroom

I think I'd start with him. I reckon he would scare the living daylights out of Kolo Toure and would be our only real chance of counter attacking effectively.

• Backroom

Maybe JR and King will work well together, let king occupy the defenders with his running and Rhodes will exploit the gaps

Archived