BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Backroom

With all the talk of the Liverpool suspension their team on paper is scary

@PaulWheelock: #LFC team: Mignolet, Johnson, Lovren, Sakho, Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Moreno, Sterling, Coutinho, Sturridge

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

@OneRovers: ROVERS: Eastwood, Henley, Baptiste, Kilgallon ©, Olsson, Conway, Williamson, Evans, Marshall, Cairney, Rhodes.

@OneRovers: Subs: Steele, Spurr, Songo'o, Nyambe, Lenihan, Mahoney, Gestede.

No king

• Backroom

Glad the young lads have made the bench, Mahoney got a runout v city when the game was over

May see the same again if things don't go to plan

Either way the experience today will be good for them

Whose nyambe?

Young right back

Had good reviews this season but only 17 or so

The stuff nightmares are made of.

Only silver lining is our dog @#/? pitch. Even Messi would be brought down a peg or two on that.

I really don't know what our attacking strategy will be tonight. Usually plan A is loft it to Rudy while plan B is occasionally to put it into space for King. With Rhodes leading the line alone I just can't see it coming off.

Cant see how we are going to compete up front with that team. Liverpool will play a high line and we won't be able to get in behind or win the ball in the air.

A huge game for Rhodes - if he can show he can mix it physically with prem defenders it will greatly improve his reputation. Need a real shift from him and to prove the doubters (me included) wrong.

Only silver lining is our dog @#/? pitch. Even Messi would be brought down a peg or two on that.

I really don't know what our attacking strategy will be tonight. Usually plan A is loft it to Rudy while plan B is occasionally to put it into space for King. With Rhodes leading the line alone I just can't see it coming off.

My guess is we will give the ball a lot to Marshall and Cairney who will look for the through ball to Rhodes. Problem is we need to get good possession and territory to pull that approach off.

My guess is we will give the ball a lot to Marshall and Cairney who will look for the through ball to Rhodes. Problem is we need to get good possession and territory to pull that approach off.

Absolutely. Problem is too that Lovren is no slouch and neither is Sakho so through balls will be difficult. Hopefully we can keep it tight for the first 60 and introduce Rudy. That's going to be so tough though as the ball is just going to keep coming back. I sound like I'm anti-Rhodes which couldn't be further from the truth. I just think he needs a partner to be effective.

Archived