BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

disappointed to see the new capacity of the ground is 28,000. Seeing as we hosted big games week in week out not so long ago without any crowd trouble can anyone give a reason why this is?

Excited for the game... should we gamble early on? Will Liverpool show their class this time and dominate us? I wish we could play Rhodes as he deserves his start, but I can see why it will be Gestede up front again.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

disappointed to see the new capacity of the ground is 28,000. Seeing as we hosted big games week in week out not so long ago without any crowd trouble can anyone give a reason why this is?

Excited for the game... should we gamble early on? Will Liverpool show their class this time and dominate us? I wish we could play Rhodes as he deserves his start, but I can see why it will be Gestede up front again.

I cant even work out where they have lost 3000+ seats - the last block of the Riverside and the last block of the JW Upper and Lower. Plus maybe the front couple of rows of the Darren End?

I cant even work out where they have lost 3000+ seats - the last block of the Riverside and the last block of the JW Upper and Lower. Plus maybe the front couple of rows of the Darren End?

we must be a vicous bunch... oh wait, we're not. Pathetic security measures again (and again and again) #morons

Do we go backs to the wall, knock it up to Rudy and wear them down for King in the last quarter of the match? Or do we play him from the get-go?

We have to be wary of Liverpool. I don't say this often (as Bowyer is too cautious) but we have to trust the manager to get things right again.Hopefully the crowd can roar on the team as everyone did at Anfield and make a difference.

Boro and Leeds lost part of the lower tier wings, in the Darwen End too, from what I remember. That should take it to 3000... I hope there's no more than one block in the Jack Walker & Roverside taken though!

Strengths ? Rhodes are best striker who scores ..goals win matches .

Im not expecting to see Rhodes unless we are deep into extra time with the scores still level. Cant see that haopening my cyrstal ball says we are coming unstuck behind two very contentious reffing decisions. Mark my words the FA are nervous.

Here we go.. one of those special nights that make me so proud to be a Rovers fan. On the big stage showing the glory boys what it means to support a proper football club. Only passion will be heard from the terraces and beyond at Ewood on this night of nights. Who wants to make history? Someone will need to stand up and be counted tonight, lets hope he's in Blue and White.

Rovers 2 - 1 Liverpool.

Here we go.. one of those special nights that make me so proud to be a Rovers fan. On the big stage showing the glory boys what it means to support a proper football club. Only passion will be heard from the terraces and beyond at Ewood on this night of nights. Who wants to make history? Someone will need to stand up and be counted tonight, lets hope he's in Blue and White.

Rovers 2 - 1 Liverpool.

Forgotten what it feels like to genuinely excited by a game.

Probably Burnley at home, last season.

Will gloss over that - and hope we just go for it.

I cant see us being strong enough to sit deep and skilful enough to counter.

I am at our Liverpool office for 8am on Thursday morning.

Let's hope I can be a smug b'astard for a change.

Interviewing some scousers for a job.....shall I ask them what team they support? :-)

Yes but only if you call them knobheads at the same time

Forgotten what it feels like to genuinely excited by a game.

Probably Burnley at home, last season.

Will gloss over that - and hope we just go for it.

I cant see us being strong enough to sit deep and skilful enough to counter.

Same here - can't wait for it and it's early here at 1.45 am COYB :rover:

There were a number causing trouble at Preston Station some 45 minutes ago and the Old Bill had their hands full. I guess they were either trying to bunk the rail fare or helped themselves to the trolley service.....not their fault of course!

Lets hope he lasts longer than 3 minutes then :)

And is able to beat the "5 minute man Abbey"! ;-)

And why did Liverpool get 7,200? I thought it was restricted to 6,800 in the DE these days?

There were a number causing trouble at Preston Station some 45 minutes ago and the Old Bill had their hands full. I guess they were either trying to bunk the rail fare or helped themselves to the trolley service.....not their fault of course!

And why did Liverpool get 7,200? I thought it was restricted to 6,800 in the DE these days?

That and the missing seats seems like a return to the bad old days of rolling over to have our tummies tickled by the "big" Clubs and sod our own fans.

Only a minor irritant really though. More excited about the game than probably any since Hughes left.

If injuries conspire to ensure GB is forced to play Rhodes I think that will actually work to our advantage as Bowyer would probably have left him out otherwise.

O-0 full time. Rhodes winner in extra time. 1-0.

COME ON YOU BLUES! :rover::brfc: Send those plastic Liverpool fans scurrying back to various parts of the country with their tails between their legs.

Dont know why , but have a feeling its going to go all the way to penalties and for us sadly to lose out

Said since draw ... We win on pens

I'd make you squeal ha

It's warm outside. It has a kind of FA Cup feel to the day.

Is it too warm to wear a scarf? Is it too dangerous even, eeek, to wear one going off how many scals and plastiuc there are?

Tie it around your wrist 70's style and they'll steer clear :)

Dont know why , but have a feeling its going to go all the way to penalties and for us sadly to lose out

I know that penalties are somewhat of a lottery but they've got Balotelli and Lambert in their ranks, so there's two guaranteed right there!

I can see our red card luck continuing for some reason. Would wager it will be Johnson or Kolo.

Confirmed or...?

If Rudy's fit enough for the bench, I'd get him in the starting line-up.

Thats the rumour coming from The Black Bull outside the training ground. Usually a good source.

Gestede on bench, King starts.

Seems like a good decision, after King's worn out their defenders bring Gestede on in the 2nd half for the end product and aerial ability. But is it confirmed? (Radio Rovers I'm guessing)

Archived