BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who comes off for Gestede? I would be tempted to keep Rhodes on, go 442 and sacrifice Evans who has been totally anonymous

Evans has been anonymous but gaps would appear if we went 4-4-2.

If Gestede comes on for Rhodes and gets injured again we would be truly goosed.

I'd probably leave it till about 60/65 mins then do the straight swap and hope for the best.

• Backroom

Decent first half from us. Very similar to the first game - we've defended in numbers and Liverpool can't work out how to break us down.

A real shame Rhodes missed that header.

Defence as a whole looks really good and settled. Been impressed by Henley who has managed Stirling well. We should be aiming this to be first choice defence next season. Wish we had nailed it down six months ago. We would probably have had a chance at the playoffs.

• Backroom

We've done well in limiting them but the likes of Cairney, Marshall and Conway have been poor so we have nothing going forward

Think it's set up for us to win it

ooooof.

We somehow survived this half, so good on the lads.

We have 0 control over the middle though, and we are getting no time on the ball. Rhodes is as helpless as one can expect alone in this situation - if Gestede can play we need to bring him on as soon as possible.

Liverpool are poor, but they have all the posession, and unless we can think of something brilliant...

We need Rudy on and to change things up a bit.

Amazing how we can defend when the two first choice centre halves are out, Killgallon is great at reading the game

Also helps when you have a professional old head as captain as well. Don't think you would see Killa running over and grabbing the keeper after he makes a mistake

Evans has been anonymous but gaps would appear if we went 4-4-2.

If Gestede comes on for Rhodes and gets injured again we would be truly goosed.

I'd probably leave it till about 60/65 mins then do the straight swap and hope for the best.

My opinion now is screw it. Another half like this one with eight red shirts on the edge if our penalty box and they will score. They are pushing so high up that there is a load of space behind their dodgy defence. Let's get Gestede on and launch it at him with Rhodes buzzing around. At a minimum they will have to drop 10 or 15 yards.

Not BT Sport I take it? The soporific Michael Owen has been quite balanced imo.

Got a stream mate, so not sure who's commentating, but you'd think we were a conference team from the crap being spouted. If these guys are to be believed, we should be humble to be allowed to occupy the same turf!

Archived