BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be defying the odds to end up playing against ten men for most of a third home cup game on the bounce though.

I'll go for Mignolet hauling down King in the first 5 minutes in the box as King trys to skip round him. Rhodes converts. 1-0. Game on.

LOL.

Has The Postal Order been taken over yet? As I'm passing through town soon and require a sneaky beer.

Yes by Abbey, just seen him and he's on his way to said public house.

You can feel the buzz around the town, can we do it? I'm not sure we can, but one thing for sure the fans have been tremendous all season, but especially in these two games, ticket sale phenominal.

I cant even work out where they have lost 3000+ seats - the last block of the Riverside and the last block of the JW Upper and Lower. Plus maybe the front couple of rows of the Darren End?

I had a think about this one. It think the capacity around 20 years ago was:

JW 10,000?

RS 5,454

BE 8,000

DE 8,000

I make that 31,454.

The club started chipping away at that by leaving the front 2 rows of the Darwen End upper empty when Rovers were in the lower tier. This carried on when it was all visitors in the Darwen End. Then they started removing seats around the staircases in each of the then new stands, estimate another 100 per stand gone? That's 300 less in total. Darwen End sales tonight 7,200, that's another 700 withheld for the plastic netting salesmen, then 400ish Riverside and 1,000ish in the JW and so it goes on.

Easy when there is excess capacity to 'lose seats' for whatever reason. Contrast that to the clubs which sell out every week - every inch is maximised for bums on seats.

I had a think about this one. It think the capacity around 20 years ago was:JW 10,000?RS 5,454BE 8,000DE 8,000I make that 31,454.The club started chipping away at that by leaving the front 2 rows of the Darwen End upper empty when Rovers were in the lower tier. This carried on when it was all visitors in the Darwen End. Then they started removing seats around the staircases in each of the then new stands, estimate another 100 per stand gone? That's 300 less in total. Darwen End sales tonight 7,200, that's another 700 withheld for the plastic netting salesmen, then 400ish Riverside and 1,000ish in the JW and so it goes on.Easy when there is excess capacity to 'lose seats' for whatever reason. Contrast that to the clubs which sell out every week - every inch is maximised for bums on seats.

Rovers could have easily shifted another 1,200 seat at £30 each = £36,000.

That would have paid a weeks wages of Rhodes and Robinson.

Right. I am ready!

Doc Martins polished

Skin head polished

Ben Sherman pressed and donned

Parallel keks shortened and pressed

Just off to Ewood via the Royal Oak for a glass of Chardonnay and a pasta salad.

Can't wait.

Im not expecting to see Rhodes unless we are deep into extra time with the scores still level. Cant see that haopening my cyrstal ball says we are coming unstuck behind two very contentious reffing decisions. Mark my words the FA are nervous.

I would pair King with Rhodes. Flick ons from Rudy won't set King free; as soon as the ball is heading his way the other defenders will drop back and then be facing the flick on. It'll be first time balls over or through that will work for King. Plus we are only likley to get half chances and I know who I'd want on the end of those.

Brief sleep, now awake and ready, for some reason quietly confident, bet on 9/1 Rovers win both teams to score.

Hope everyone at Ewood except the bin dippers have a great night , COYB!!!!!!!!!!

p.s for those in Aus it's on ESPN

Archived