BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers v Liverpool QF Replay - 8th April 2015

The excitement is building!

Heard Bowyer (or Bauer as the numpty Alan Brazil called him) on TalkSport this morning.

He mentioned Rudy and Josh King so hoping they are both available. Although he didn't give away too much, I'd expect a 4-4-1-1 approach once again, particularly early on.

A bit quiet on the injury updates! Conway? Eastwood? Hanley? King? Gestede? Brown? C.Taylor? All available? All unavailable?

I expect given those cup tied/inelligble/injured/not 100%

Steele

Henley - Baptiste - Kilgallon - Olsson

Marshall - Williamson - Evans - Cairney

Rhodes

Gestede

Can't see Rhodes starting. Brazil asked GB about him and he quickly changed the subject. He mentioned JK and RG so I expect them to resume as per the Stoke game.

Make a decent politician would our Gaz

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The excitement is building!

Heard Bowyer (or Bauer as the numpty Alan Brazil called him) on TalkSport this morning.

He mentioned Rudy and Josh King so hoping they are both available. Although he didn't give away too much, I'd expect a 4-4-1-1 approach once again, particularly early on.

A bit quiet on the injury updates! Conway? Eastwood? Hanley? King? Gestede? Brown? C.Taylor? All available? All unavailable?

I expect given those cup tied/inelligble/injured/not 100%

Steele

Henley - Baptiste - Kilgallon - Olsson

Marshall - Williamson - Evans - Cairney

Rhodes

Gestede

Playing Rhodes behind Gestede Rog? Are you sure?

4-4-2 would be madness. We need 5 in midfield, all capable of playing with discipline and being able to defend properly. We didn't need Rhodes first game and we can't afford him this game. Certainly not as a starter.

Will be gripping stuff. Got tickets, and even the missus is coming to this one. Make no mistake this is likely to be the biggest game at Ewood for years.

Personally think we'll either put in another excellent performance a la Arsenal under Hughes and go through. or play abysmally and get tonked. Can't see us putting in a good shift and being edged out of it, partly because of our mental frailties, but just as much so because of Liverpool's. By the end of the first game it looked like Liverpool would never score, and they've shown in the race in the champions league they struggle with pressure. However our lads have shown that they too really struggle when there is any expectation, and hopes have been raised after a good first go at Anfield. To me it's very much about which team is more mentally geared up for it, and it's as much a psychological battle as a physical one.

So hoping the wife's good look, Liverpool's lack of bottle, and a packed Ewood all come together to get me a first trip to Wembley.

Playing Rhodes behind Gestede Rog? Are you sure?

4-4-2 would be madness. We need 5 in midfield, all capable of playing with discipline and being able to defend properly. We didn't need Rhodes first game and we can't afford him this game. Certainly not as a starter.

Agreed on 5 in midfield - frustrating them is key. According to Wheelock Gestede/Brown are touch and go, while King and Hanley are unlikely to feature. We're really struggling here as Taylor is out too and are Conway/Evans even fit?! King would have been a shoe in if we were to line-up 4-5-1 as not sure where else the pace will come from.

Guessing (given our injuries) it will be something like:

Steele

Henley-Baptise-Killa-Ollson

Conway-Cairney-Williamson-Evans-Marshall

Gestede

If Conway and Evans aren't fit then God knows what the line-up will be. Imagine at least one of the youngsters will have to come in. Lenihan maybe as O'Sullivan is cup tied.

Edit: just seen Evans was on the bench against Leeds - guessing he was rested to avoid being injured.

I guess a lot will depend on the injury front. If we haven't got either Rudy or Brown available then I think we're in for one tough evening with JR up top on his own.

A lot has been made about how Liverpool will be without Skrtel, Caan, Sturridge & Gerrard but no-one (media-wise) seems to have said anything about how we're down to the bare bones.

Just hope we can frustrate them for the first 20 mins or so cos if they score early I can see it being a hatful.

Can't wait to see Ewood full again - it's been a while!

COYB

Edit: Change my profile pic as we need more of this guy's attitude. A man who really was 'Rovers 'til I Die'!

I got 3 today. There was only tickets available in riverside and Bburn end upper tier but they said for reasons they don't fully understand blocks next to the Darwen end in riverside and jack walker lower and even upper aren't for sale so it won't be capacity even if "sell out". Either way looking at about 28,500 so hope we sell out what's been made available. It's been a while.

Sold out bar 100 or so single seats only.

A proper cup tie under the floodlights at a packed out Ewood, who knows what'll happen..

If we defend as one and hunt in packs we might just pull something off.

Win or lose make us proud boys.

Gutting for King & Taylor, having been instrumental in our cup run. Hopefully Eastwood will be fit.

I think we can afford one of King or Rudy to be out, but we're hosed without both tonight.

• Moderation Lead

Gutting for King & Taylor, having been instrumental in our cup run. Hopefully Eastwood will be fit.

I think we can afford one of King or Rudy to be out, but we're hosed without both tonight.

Why, what are they doing tonight? :rover:

There were 300 tickets left 1st thing this morning according to the LT so hopefully those will have sold today and we will have a full house bar the mysterious Safety Committee reductions close to the DE.

My tactic would be to play 10 players between the posts on the goal line and to boot the ball up for King to hide up his shirt. If GB fails to do this he should resign.

EDIT: just looked at LT site and they report late afternoon that just over 27,500 sold. I just hope the Lpoo "corporates" in the boxes in the BBE behave.

There were 300 tickets left 1st thing this morning according to the LT so hopefully those will have sold today and we will have a full house bar the mysterious Safety Committee reductions close to the DE.

My tactic would be to play 10 players between the posts on the goal line and to boot the ball up for King to hide up his shirt. If GB fails to do this he should resign.

Good plan, but people would complain King didn't put it down his shorts and that any tactically astute manager would have demanded it, and the fact he didn't means GB has lost the players and rightly call fro GB's immediate sacking and possible lynching.

Good plan, but people would complain King didn't put it down his shorts and that any tactically astute manager would have demanded it, and the fact he didn't means GB has lost the players and rightly call fro GB's immediate sacking and possible lynching.

I prefer burning at the stake if he keeps his hands his pockets for more than 5 minutes or claps a Rovers players mistake. Mind you water boarding has not been mentioned yet. Who would want to manage Rovers? ;-)

Archived