SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta:san Andreas

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing I was going to be off work for a while I bought San Andreas off Amazon a couple of weekends ago. I'd played, finished and loved GTAIII but borrowed Vice City straight after and got bored of it. The break sure has done me good because this game is superb.

It's not just the Missions , sub-missions and races but the pure amount of freedom you can have to do whatever you want. For example at the minute I'm nearly clearing all the missions (I think) onSan Fierro (the 2nd Island). However I've spent most of the afternoon knicking various speedy vehicles, taking them up to the top of Mount Chiliad and then plunging them off various sides of the cliffs. So stupid, so childish but such fun.

I only went right to the top of the mountain in the first place because I knew it was the kind of game that would reqard you for trying it (the parachute and the mountain bike race) and that the sick game makers would have put a big wooden ramp there for me. :tu:

Unlike some posters on here (I've just read most pages out of curiosity), I like the fact that some of the missions are different enough to cause you to retry several times (mainly the Zero remote missions).

My only slight gripe is that in the bars, its too easy to win at pool. A little bit more time spent on the ball dynamics would have been nice. ;)

Top marks. £12 well spent that has passed a very dull week.

Anyone know when the next installment is due out on the PS3 or XBox 360 ?

Yes, I saw clips of this and it does look good. My will to wait for a PS3 and not get a 360 are really starting to be tested.

For those that dont know about this game Look Here

There is a demo on marketplace, also. It doesn't maybe look like much from screenshots and videos, as you have to play it to appreciate it. |It is so much fun climbing building, creating massive explosions. A true sandbox game as they call them. Also has CO-OP which I personally haven't tried yet, but apparently it's great fun kicking your friend off a high building :D

There is a demo on marketplace, also. It doesn't maybe look like much from screenshots and videos, as you have to play it to appreciate it. |It is so much fun climbing building, creating massive explosions. A true sandbox game as they call them. Also has CO-OP which I personally haven't tried yet, but apparently it's great fun kicking your friend off a high building :D

The programme that I watched it on said that if you get stuck on a level, you can get your mate online to give you a hand. One part of the story will be going on where you are and the other part where your friend is or he can drive and you can shoot - I like the sound of that

I see that Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is coming out on the PS2 - Do any of you know if you can swim in this or not?

Yes but not for very far. You have a strength meter when in the water and it doesn't usually last long enough for you to find your way back to dry land if you fall off the side of a dock. It's better than the 'instant death' water in some of the other ones but not by much.

Yes but not for very far. You have a strength meter when in the water and it doesn't usually last long enough for you to find your way back to dry land if you fall off the side of a dock. It's better than the 'instant death' water in some of the other ones but not by much.

And this is def for the PS2 and not PSP - or is it the same :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, its set in New Your then. The graphics are obviously better. The main charector isnt what I expected though.

Will just have to look forward to more content being relased as the release gets closer. Not that i will be able to play it when it comes out sniff sniff

I hope they don't go too crazy for realism if they're setting it in New York rather than a compressed, fictional city. I mean, the airport would take ages to drive to, Manhattan is pretty flat, the buildings will block out the sky.

Did you see the 'Visit Vice City - $300' billboard next to the train tracks?

I was nearly at the vinegar strokes when I saw the water and the trees - I am very sad like that :rolleyes:

I know what you mean :)

But you're not sad until you've read through this shot-by-shot analysis of the trailer. Looks like it's not New York, it's actually a reworked next-gen Liberty City. I think I need a change of underpants.

And so it begins - click

I hate things like this. They say they dont support a game where you earn points for hurting police - well, do they not know that as with real life, if you hurt the police in this they hunt you down and you get locked up. And if you keep doing it the Army and FBI will be on you.

Its the same when they heard about Bully (cains camen edit) All that the powers that be heard was the title of the game and they set about damming it. Had they actually read about or god forbid played the game then they would have known that you get caught for Bullying. You cant Bully girls or teachers (or people out side the school for that matter) The game really was very ANTI BULLYING and they main charector sorted out the Bullies.

(To be fair though, I guess GTA has never been that PC but I still feel I should try and stick up for it in some way :lol: )

Edited by Cocker

The last four cities they borrowed have been LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas and Miami. It's a bit late to start worrying about that kind of thing now.

Roll on October...

In the good old days of the top down GTA's, there was a GTA London as well.

By the way, does anyone know if GTA 4 is coming to PC/PS2/XBOX or is it XBOX360 & PS3 only?

Edited by Biddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.