BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Parkes Sacked By Hughes !

Craigman

Absolute disgrace!!!

Parkes has not even been told yet- media all talking about it and the man himself doesnt even know.

Not even told face to face, what a shambles and a brutal end.

Reason for Parkes leaving is that Hughes regards Parkes as a first team coach and there are no positions at the club for him.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporter on Sky Sports News just said.

Board meeting on Tuesday when Hughes made his proposals to the board -over night the news leaked to the press. However the news is not official yet.

What an insult.

Edited by John

Goodbye Tony, you will be sorely missed Mr. Reliable.

Blackburn Rovers will be poorer without you.

Sacking a man after 30 years wonderful service is nothing short of disgraceful.

Shame on you Mark Hughes! This, in my opinion, is a thinly diguised attempt to make you more difficult to sack. At least Souness did not stoop to these depths.

Tony, thanks for everything you've ever done for the club. You've been there in times of need and you've seen us through the good times and the bad.

I hope there will still always be a place in your heart for Rovers and we'd all love to see you down at Ewood on match days.

Like Uncle Jack, you're a man that will never be forgotten.

Thanks again Tony - A True BRFC Legend!!!!

A bold move by Hughes and the board.

A move that may well have been needed.

Lets just hope it proves to be the right one.

Goodbye Tony, you will be sorely missed Mr. Reliable.

Blackburn Rovers will be poorer without you.

Sacking a man after 30 years wonderful service is nothing short of disgraceful.

Shame on you Mark Hughes! This, in my opinion, is a thinly diguised attempt to make you more difficult to sack. At least Souness did not stoop to these depths.

shame on him for making a difficult decision? for wanting to run the club his way?

dont talk out your arse.

as repeated in posts further up, keeping him on simply because he is Tony Parkes is not the way to go.

About time we had a change

shocked..... Hughesy better show some improvements soon. A revolution might be what we need, but it needs to start to be reflected on the pitch. If only Tony Parkes' enthusiasm for Rovers could be passed on to some of the players we might win a few ........

I can't believe that Parkes had to find out by reading in The Sun. Couldn't even have the decency to tell him, a disgrace, all you saying after 35 years he doesn't deserve a job, surely he deserves to find out better then that.

Are you people not the ones saying the is no loyalty in football, here we have a man who speant 35 years with one club and you say he is right to be sacked. Are you not some of the same people that complained at Duffs celebration now he is playing for another club?

Shall we sack Ronnie Clayton aswell? He has been an good servant but hey giving him a bit part role as showing people round the ground, how dare we.

Thanks for 35 years Tony, I do hope you are given a lifetime season ticket with the club. Thank You for you loyalty, there will never be another like you, and you will never be forgotten.

sad.gif

Dear Tony,

Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of Blackburn Rovers over the past 30 years, but the club desperately needs a fresh start under the new manager and I'm sure you appreciate that.

It's a pity that your chief executive is not leaving with you. I note that he did not even have the decency to tell you of your dismissal before the story appeared in the papers.

I hope you enjoy a well-earned break from the game and possibly think about retirement (you must have a few million tucked away after so long in the game), but there is one last service that you can perform for your beloved Rovers.

The next time the Burnley job comes up, could you possibly offer to help them out? All with the best intentions of course - only your real motive is get the mighty Clarets relegated back to the third division where they belong. Simon Garner could be your assistant - they'd love that at Turf Moor.

Yours in sport,

jim

PS: Keep reading the Sun. Normally a better source of information than the bottom of a pint glass !

I find it hard to believe Parkes found out via The Sun. Having seen at close hand how the media report on the organisation I work in, they rarely report with accuracy, especially where there is an opportunity to create a story based upon internal strife.

But more to the point, Parkes is a realist - I'm sure if we looked at the archives we would find a statement from him each time a new incumbent arrives stating that he realises all new managers want their own team. (I found the situation difficult enough when I was suddenly managing someone who had been a peer.)

Thanks for the fantastic and loyal service Tony. I'm sure you will know that we all wish you the very best for the future.

Warning to Mark Hughes:

Tony Parkes is a much-loved and respected figure at Ewood Park and this decision will have upset alot of supporters.

Get Rovers out of relegation trouble quickly - starting with victory at City tomorrow - or sentiment will soon turn against you.

Just in on Sky!!

Hughes wants the link between the academy and first team to be better than it is.

We have an excellent academy and it is not being utilised.

The board were trying to find a position for Parkes at the academy but nothing is available.

The club won't seem without Tony Parkes - a fantastic servant over the years and got us out of several tricky situations.

It's fair enough that a new manager wants new blood and new ideas, although I would have liked to see Parkes kept on in some non-coaching role, but perhaps Parkes wouldn't want that. Can't believe someone was low enough to leak it to the press before Parkes knew - presumably it was someone who doesn't like Hughes or has fallen out with key members of the Board.

I have no idea how well Tony Parkes does his job nowadays or what the relationship between him and Hughes is so I can't comment on that, but I can say two things: Mark Hughes has the right to choose his own backroom staff and shouldn't have to keep Parkes around just because he's been here "forever". Football (Or, indeed, any other sport) isn't like a normal job where it's often "first in, first out".

Secondly; Tony Parkes has been a fantastic servant to the club, both as a player, coach and caretaker. Thank you Tony, and all the best in the future.

A brave move indeed by Sparky and one which we should all respect. Yes Tony, thank you very much for your wonderful service to BRFC. Until it is discovered (if ever) who leaked the story to the press, we cannot lay blame at anyone's feet for the way Tony found out about his sacking. If the name of the culprit ever does come to light; he/she should be shot out of the door double quick. The leak is the biggest disgrace in this whole scenario.

Good grief, the biggest load of horse pucky I have ever heard.

Now the LET is saying that Parkes met Hughes yesterday and was sacked by him.

The Sun leaked information that Hughes met Parkes yesterday and sacked him ... so how could Parkes learn of his sacking via the Sun, unless the report is wrong or TP wasn't paying attention?! blink.gif

That won't matter to some Bryan. Some people will feel better with the original story and will stik with that.

I find Jim's comments interesting, it seems now Souness has left he is moving on to Mr Williams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.