Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blues chairman backs Yorke claim

In a way I can see where Sullivan is coming from and where he isn't.

Yorke had every right to warm up where he wants to, or where he was told to warm up.

But, after hearing the comments of various ex-players they seem to have two sides to it. The racism isn't acceptable from the fan and he'll be dealt with in the next few days.

But last Wednesday, in my opinion Sean Wright-Philips suffered far worse racism than Yorke did, I know Yorke was still racially abused but compared to what SWP received in Madrid, it was nothing.

Yorke shouldn't have gone and confronted the fan. The situation could have turned a lot more nasty than it was, the fan and Yorke were face to face, other fans came to the scene and the stewards took for ever in handling the situation.

Having finally seen the close upincident on Granada - after missing the news all day!!

It is absolutely the tosser I referred to earlier.

Saw it on itv news last night. It is the same guy i was refering too yesterday.

He had an accent that was from sumwhere between birmingham and london and he was drunk at half time. He was acting like a prick then and has tarnished our reputation. Surely the club must be able to find him by looking at who purchased the seat he was sat on.

The point I want to make has been debated extensively on this mb in other threads, but nobody has mentioned it in the other 16½ pages of this thread.

Would "Dupla/Sparta/Roma scarf" individual even have been at the match if the tickets had been full-priced? At this point it is a rhetorical question until the facts of his attendance history are known.

I am assuming that from where he was actually sat in the B,burn end i.e the very bottom left-hand corner, that he probably isn't a season ticket holder and has got into the ground using a £10 reduced price ticket.

If this is the case then I would hope that the club would seriously review this policy, since I don't see from my seat in the B'burn End that it has any marked effect on the size of the gate.

Is the few hundred at best that it might put on the gate actually worth the risk of bad publicity that one nutter can bring? Especially at a televised game.

(For me, the sooner SkySports stop televising every single kick of a premiership football, and we at least get back to watching football at 3o'clock on Saturday, the better)

Non season ticket holding, "occassional" BRFC fans come to watch good football and a winning team and will pay full price to watch it, preferably on Saturday at 3o'clock.

If for instance, Rovers do have to play a game behind closed doors and 15000 season ticket holders are clamouring for refunds, then the reduced priced ticket scheme will have really backfired.

Just to finish specifically on the incident:

-I heard and sang "There's only one lazy......."

-I heard but didn't sing "There's only one Peter Andre"

-I heard booing and booed to express my displeasure at DYs lack of effort for BRFC.

- I did not hear monkey noises nor racial chants.

-On seeing the TV pictures of the incident my 2 year old daughter spontaneously sang a rendition of "Chick chuck chick chuck chicken, lay a little egg for me". She has absolutely no idea about the concept of racism (nor will I indoctrinate her)

I think that DY and SB have taken an opportunity to jump on a bandwagon wagon, one to deflect attention from the fact that he is a bad footballer and father, and the other from the fact that his side threw away a golden opportunity for an away win.

tinykit.gif (Since '75 Rovers 5- 2 Plymouth Argyle)

Would "Dupla/Sparta/Roma scarf" individual even have been at the match if the tickets had been full-priced?

Possibly not, but to get the £10 ticket, he had to at least know a season ticket holder as the cheap tickets were never on open sale.

Its not the first time we've had a nutter cause embarassement to the club at Ewood for a sky game. (Idiot who ran onto pitch to confront the ref vs Leeds), and its not the first time i've seen Rovers fans ejected for racist abuse (2 who travelled with the 100 club at Aston Villa 2 seasons ago). I'm reliably informed the club took swift action both times.

The Sun wrote:

And Stern John, one of Yorke’s closest pals, says the joint-owner of the Midlands club should now be thrown out of football.

What Stern John actually said was:

The Coventry striker said: "You have to question whether there is a place in the game for someone who says something like that."

rolleyes.gif

Tabloid hacks; shameless.

-On seeing the TV pictures of the incident my 2 year old daughter spontaneously sang a rendition of "Chick chuck chick chuck chicken, lay a little egg for me". She has absolutely no idea about the concept of racism (nor will I indoctrinate her)

I think that DY and SB have taken an opportunity to jump on a bandwagon wagon, one to deflect attention from the fact that he is a bad footballer and father, and the other from the fact that his side threw away a golden opportunity for an away win.

Not a bad post OP for the first

Absolutely and I still can't see where they get the ' monkey' from what I have seen thus far.

Two losers with a cross to bear

Basically its just a bandwagon jumped on by the media because of what happened in Madrid and people are adding 2 & 2 and getting 73 as usual. over something that was a minor incident further fuelled by Yorke himself.

Nobody can condone racism but this has been totally blown out of all proportion - 10 o'clock news FFS!

There has been no factual offical reporting yet of any racist chants and most inc stewards in the area have said they heard nothing remotely like racist chanting.

Chicken-George Yorke - LAZY ROBBING BARSTEWARD

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I wanted to put this as a separate post.

Will DY be reprimanded for jumping into the crowd and then giving us the one-fingered hand gesture?

Didn't he play for United when Cantona was there ? Did that lesson not sink in?

If there was a real problem with racism at Ewood would DY have risked jumping into a partisan Blackburn end, to make his anti-racism point? This guy is too scared to take responsibilty for his own son.

DY was a wate of money for us, and when the reality of his standing with Rovers fans sank in he didn't like it, so he picked on the one idiot in the crowd who was calling him a chicken.

Is the reason that he wasn't warming up in front of the Birmingham fans because they've got a fairly low opinion of him too ? From Birmingham chairman David Sullivan's comments that would be a safe assumption.

Get out of football if all he can do is stir up controversy, since for the 15 mins he was actually on the pitch nobody had an opportunity to boo him because he was never on the ball.

I am very angry about this whole thing. It's in newspapers all round the world now, with all the 'facts' embroidered beyond recognition, besmirching the name of our beloved club, occasionally in the small print deep in the articles that 'two or three' 'fans' were involved.

I abhor racism, it really is so unnecessary, we are all God's people and of equal worth imho, but I feel that I have a little insight having been married to a Trinidadian for nearly twenty years. His relatives are as dear to me as my own blood relatives, and some are even closer.

Although my husband was once targeted by the BNP (before I met him) I can honestly say the only incidents of racism I have experienced since being with him were against me when visiting Trinidad with him. I've been called various things in my time (some true, some not!) so it didn't worry me in the least.

If the incident hadn't happened so soon after the Spanish fiasco, I doubt it would have even been noticed. It was wrong, and the guy needs sorting out, but the way the media (including DY) is carrying on is absolutely shocking. The media loves a chance to deride Blackburn Rovers, and, boy, has it been handed to them on a plate. mad.gif

I believed that Yorke deserved to get a bit of stick from the fans when he came on, because of his performances in a Blackburn shirt. However, that fan's racist behaviour was disgraceful and no matter how crap Yorke played for us, he certainly did not deserve that. It doesn't put Blackburn as a club in a favourable light. That 'fan' should be found, banned for life and recieve some sort of police charge. Any racism at all is intolerable, and it puts players like Reid, Djorkaeff, Yelldell and Johnson, as well as any other players that we are trying to attract to the club in a difficult position.

One Post makes a good point about Yorke being reprimanded for going into the crowd. I also noticed on the tv footage that he crossed the pitch during play to confront the fan.

What would the reaction have been if the England players piled into the Madrid crowd last week? I will tell you what, they would have had the book thrown at them for inciting the crowd, regardless of the reason.

Yorke is a well paid professional and should know better...The fact that this may be a racist incident is, in itself deplorable, but Yorke shouldnt be able to play the race card as an excuse for what he did...imagine if it was Paul Dickov at City last week, how would the football world view it then?

He had an accent that was from sumwhere between birmingham and london

how exactly does that sound then !!!!!!!!!

It's quite simple.

Our mission, if we choose to accept it, is to find the whereabouts of a bit of a nob wearing a half Roma/half Burnley scarf, with what can only be described as a BROCKNEY accent.

SOmeone must know of an individual fitting this description blink.gif

I note how there is very little press about the missiles thrown at Millwall players by West Ham fans on Sunday.

I do not condone moronic racists but I seriously feel the media reaction has been hysterical and we have been branded in a way that reminds me of the methods used by the odious B.N.P.

Would we have got less coverage and criticism if several of us had thrown objects at Dwight ?

Sticks and stones obviously do not hurt anymore.

QUOTE (OnePost @ Nov 23 2004, 10:48 )

Would "Dupla/Sparta/Roma scarf" individual even have been at the match if the tickets had been full-priced?

i am almost positive that i have seen this guy in the blackburn end on numerous occasions.

still cant decide if his actions were racist or not.

On the official site board, one poster is saying the guy has an Australian accent. I suppose that is somewhere between Birminham and London if you go the long way round. wink.gif

Someone else said he abused a Rovers fan over us losing 1-3 then tried to drink two pints at once during half time but the common message is that he was totally drunk.

The red scarf had a letter "Z" on it in the picture I've seen of this fool. Don't know which club that would link him to.

-On seeing the TV pictures of the incident my 2 year old daughter spontaneously sang a rendition of "Chick chuck chick chuck chicken, lay a little egg for me".

Perhaps he was too drunk to do a convincing monkey impression.

I note how there is very little press about the missiles thrown at Millwall players by West Ham fans on Sunday.

I do not condone moronic racists but I seriously feel the media reaction has been hysterical and we have been branded in a way that reminds me of the methods used by the odious B.N.P.

Would we have got less coverage and criticism if several of us had thrown objects at Dwight ?

Sticks and stones obviously do not hurt anymore.

Remember when Ince returned to West Ham? He was subjected to bananas being thrown at him and severe racist abuse throughout the game by large sections of the crowd. That actually received far less press coverage also than the DY incident! We could go on all day too bringing up incidents like Kurt Nogan Vs our dear friends from Burnley that have been swept under the carpet.

It's getting boring now hearing about the amount of fuss this has all caused.

Will be interesting to see what reaction Yorke receives IF he ever visits Ewood again.

So the Police are now on the look out for a drunken Sparta Prague scarf wearing, Blackburn Rovers "fan", with an Australian, Brummie, Cockney accent. They also know exactly what he looks like as they have television footage of the idiot.

It's not much to go on is it?

On the official site board, one poster is saying the guy has an Australian accent. I suppose that is somewhere between Birminham and London if you go the long way round. wink.gif

Someone else said he abused a Rovers fan over us losing 1-3 then tried to drink two pints at once during half time but the common message is that he was totally drunk.

The red scarf had a letter "Z" on it in the picture I've seen of this fool. Don't know which club that would link him to.

No he wasnt australian. It was abit like a cockney accent but a bit posher.

ph34r.gif

At half time he was having an arguement with his mate because he was adamant it was 2-1, so obvioulsy he wasnt too interested in the game

let's not act all defensive about this.

I think MOST of the press coverage has been quite fair. Nearly all the reports have said it was 1 or at most 2 fans behaving like that and equally they have reported that the one from the pictures was thrown straight out by the stewards.

Blackburn fans have nothing to fear from this unless we start going on about how Yorke shouldn't have confronted the fan or whatever.

22,000 fans, 1 idiot (who wasn't even wearing a Rovers scarf) . We don't have to defend ourselves!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.