BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

Friarsnig

I have sat in the Blackburn End since it was rebuilt, directly behind the goal in the lower tier. I can honestly say I have never witnessed or heard any racist comments made to coloured players from the supporters around us and believe me there are one or two numpheads who like to have their twopenneth amongst the Rovers supporters. We even have 3 or 4 Asian supporters who join in the banter and not one racist comment passes between anyone.

Yes racism exists in this society but it doesn't appear rife within the confines of Ewood Park sad.gif

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, I agree that Yorke deserved a barracking for his well payed lack of effort whilst in Rovers colours but it had NOTHING to do with the colour of his skin.

I'm in agreement. Infact insulting him for his skin colour was just plain stupid and nothing to do with football - giving him grief for his attitude when a Rovers player had EVERYTHING to do with football. So these few (and by that a mean, less than a handful) of people who took part in the racism yesterday actually made Yorke (and everyone else) miss the entire point of why Yorke was getting some (non-racist) verbal abuse.

name the offender or if the offender is a member of these pages then go to the club and name and shame yourself. It takes a coward to do what you did inside our ground but it takes a man to own up to his wrongdoings.

do us a favour and hand yourself in mad.gif

NO NO NO NO NO NO !

Unless I'm mistaken the CPS aren't likely to proceed if he's named because it would predujice his trial too much (or have I been watching the bill too much).

Tell the club, tell the police, tell us in confidence and we'll pass it on, but FFS DO NOT name and shame him on here.

... and in answer to the question, "Who has not heard racist abuse on the BBE" ... me, not in a good number of years andyway. 3 or 4 years ago it happend a bit and pretty much always lead to a backlash from surrounding fans.

The stewards are rubbish I would not take their word over that of serial liar and don't see this issue as any different. I don't for one min think that people didn't gave him some stick but don't think it could possibly be racially motivated or I hope not.

The stewards are rubbish I would not take their word over that of serial liar and don't see this issue as any different. I don't for one min think that people didn't gave him some stick but don't think it could possibly be racially motivated or I hope not.

I would respectfully suggest that you view the footage on either sky Sports News, or quite probably as the lead story on the national news this evening.

Rightly or wrongly, Rovers have now been branded a racist club.

The club needs to nip this in the bud within the next hour by putting out a strongly worded statement emphasizing that only one fan was involved, that he was thrown out of Ewood and that he will be banned for life.

Are you listening Mr Williams ? ? ?

This requires action NOW, not a Tuesday to Friday effort like Tony Parkes.

Come on Jim - where are you?

Quick to let John Williams & Co have both barrels. Now they've handled the situation extremely well and as quickly as was possible, where is your praise?

I challenge you Jim (no, not to throw out your usual personal insults), but to give the club some praise. Come on Jim, you know you can do it!

Jim?............Jim?...........Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmm!

rover.gif from what i have seen and read it was one over excited youth,worse the wear for alcohol and a few gobby one's who joined in when yorke went over to give the youth a piece of his mind.

weather this drunken rovers fan was racially abusing yorke remians to be seen,i have seen the incident twice and cannot make it out.but what is definate, there was not 30-300-3000 racially abusing yorke.if our club is to dragged through the mire for 1 or 2 drunken idiots,its a poor do tinykit.gif

Forget those two racist idiots who totally disgraced themselves yesterday, that apart, has anybody ever known an ex-Rover get such an icy reception from our fans!?! Is Dwight Yorke really the biggest waster to pull on the blue and white halves?

To me this seems to be a ideal way for yorke to get his own back on us and he milked it to the extreme. The reception he got was justified for teh pathetic effort he showed in stark contrast dunn who put in all for teh team got a good reception and thats just and right.

This media have jumped on this and i fear the worst for us, in that a big fine or some other over the top reaction to this. Looking at the footage it looked more like a chicken than a monkey and maybe he was just getting over the point yorke was a coward and money grabber? mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Yorke had a good first season with us-winning goal at Highbury etc but had trouble playing with Andrew Cole.

Very interesting interview with Gordon Taylor on Radio Lancs who was at the game-he said that he didn't know anything about it till he got home,it was totally different to the Madrid situation, the Club acted very quickly and was regarded favourably as regards racism.He was concerned that people might be looking to make a mountain out of a molehill for their own reasons.

One pillock, at least, spoils yesterday's game with his ignorant behavour, which seems to me having seen the TV footage to be a monkey taunt.  And after a dozen pages of reasonable discusssion here waggy and blue phil hit the gutter. 

"The fact of the matter is that nothing of any note happened at Ewood yesterday." 

I'm afraid it did Blue Phil if the footage is to be believed.  It seems certain that Yorke was racially abused yesterday.

"i will not apoligise for what went on yesterday,as most people living in blackburn knows it goes on-why do you think we only get .0000001 % off the asian population coming to ewood,they get abused,black players get abused."

Well Waggy that makes it OK doesn't it?  Racism happens, so there's no point anyone complaining then is what you're saying.

With fans like these........

Now Come On. Anyone who has been on this board for a while may know that I once got myself in trouble by attacking several members in a chat for making what I felt to be racist comments, and ended up getting myself in trouble with the mods. However, though it should be condoned, the mindless acts of one individual, or even a small group, in a crowd of several thousand should not be taken to be that significant. The individuals should be punished accordingly, but similar things take place everyday, and though it's not nice, it's just another way people make fun of and attack others. Would we be up in arms if the entire Blackburn end had started up a rendition of "You're a ginger b*st*rd" directed towards Scholes? No, of course not. What those idiots did last night was just stupid, and I'm sure they'll get what they deserve, but it is being totally blown out of proportion.

To be honest with you, I think it's quite sad that Yorke has even had to make such a big deal about it. If he can't handle the comments of some idiot on the touchline without going to the press and the police then it is a little sad. I've had many things said to me about my nationality, religion and skin colour in my already quite short life.

It sadly is part and parcel of everyday living, and the world really needs to step back and put this in perspective, and not make scapegoats out of a football club that do their upmost to prevent such things.

EDIT- Just thought I might add I don't agree with Waggy at all, and I'm rather saddened to see people reacting to this situation in such a way.

Edited by Eddie

Can I make a suggestion folks.

Can anyone who did see anything of a racist nature contact the club? or the police.

From what I can tell on here the vast majority of people do not condone racist behaviour - please let us be seen to be a club who deal with things promptly.

Despite the serious nature of the situation as far as our club is concerned had to raise an ironic chuckle when Karen Brady called for a criminal investigation and prosecution this morning.

Perhaps at the same time we could also ask the Police to charge Yorke with obtaining around two million quid in salary by deception over the last two seasons as well.

Can't help thinking that Steve Bruce's irresponsible over-reaction will come back to bite him on the backside at some point. Judging by Yorke's ambling apology for a performance yesterday, it won't be long before he is attracting the ire of his own fans. And never having noted Brum fans as being the most placid or tolerant, Mr. Bruce may soon be have to be apologising for more than the isolated actions of a mindless couple of idiots.

Trust Rovers will deal with the one or two culprits swiftly and effectively and that the fans will show their real colours by giving Andy Cole a great reception at weekend.

Talk about hyping it up it took this from AOL sports news

The call came after Blackburn fans disgraced their club last night, subjecting Birmingham striker Dwight Yorke to a tirade of monkey chants as he warmed up for a Premiership game.
Although I agree its totally wrong, I believe that this is implying most of were involved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.