SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad who is in the picture has a roma scarf around his neck and he was stood near to us at half time. He talked with a much different accent and he was drunk, he was only about 17 or 18 and obviously couldnt handle his beer.

Ah yes, he gave me some grief - or tried to, then hios mates apologised and dragged him off!

He was trying to act hard and was being loud in the concourse at half time. He kept slapping one of his mates across the face and thought it was funny.

There were two lads and 2 girls. Both lads had a accent that wasnt from lancashire.

LD Rover and revidge blue in the LET

Thankfully the press seem to be moving onto other things although lack of football news means the Yorke story is lingering as the lead item on sites such as the BBC.

Hopefully the Villa v Spuds game will pass without racist incidents tonight but there are some likely racial flashpoint games in Europe this week:

PSV v Arsenal

Real Madrid v Bayer Leverkusen

Kiev v Roma

Bayern v Maccabi Tel Aviv and Schalke v Fenerbahce could get unpleasant with the wrong elements in the grounds.

It's a shame that sky are now reporting the allegations, as fact. It's also a shame that the only person to have made these allegations to the press - Steve Bruce, didn't take his time and report the incident through the proper channels, not through the post-match media conference.

It's a shame that sky are now reporting the allegations, as fact. It's also a shame that the only person to have made these allegations to the press - Steve Bruce, didn't take his time and report the incident through the proper channels, not through the post-match media conference.

I have absolutely no respect for Steve Bruce at all, I loathe the man. He winds me up.

And that was before he shot his mouth off, and stoked things up.

He was rabbiting on about Dugarry being kicked up the bum and how it could've ended his career blah blah blah last time.

Surely it is fact

Lancashire Police have confirmed a supporter was ejected from the ground following an incident of a "racist nature".

I think we'll know the facts, after all the relevant bodies have concluded their investigations.

Sky are saying that lancs police say that a supporter was ejected for an incident of a racist nature, but the earlier reports say he was ejected for "hand gestures".

Which one is right?

Edited by den

Surely it is fact

Lancashire Police have confirmed a supporter was ejected from the ground following an incident of a "racist nature".

I think we'll know the facts, after all the relevant bodies have concluded their investigations.

Can't resist this Den but what world do you live in?

It won't be the full truth as it will have been spinned,doctored etc. akin to an earlier edited argument on this thread wink.gif

It seems pretty plain that up to two or three fans were ejected for inappropriate behaviour but 24 hours later some of the media,predominantly the gutter press aka Murdoch owned style,has implicated the rest of the crowd.

Edited by SouthAussieRover

Surely it is fact

Can't resist this Den but what world do you live in?

It won't be the full truth as it will have been spinned,doctored etc. akin to an earlier edited argument on this thread wink.gif

It seems pretty plain that up to two or three fans were ejected for inappropriate behaviour but 24 hours later some of the media,predominantly the gutter press aka Murdoch owned style,has implicated the rest of the crowd.

Yeah, fair enough SAR, maybe we wont know the facts after the investigations, but we sure as hell don't know now. smile.gif

ban him for life and send him 2 burnley tinykit.gif

send him to burnley?

Why exactly - I don't recall we have had fans ejected for racism. Perhaps you should seriously consider how things are at your ground before you start slinging mud at ours - or perhaps it is easier for you to think of Burnley as the club of racists rather than face upto the fact you have some at your club?

., it's the guy with the jacket on and what looks like a Burnley scarf round his neck, certainly not a Rovers scarf, .

Are you sure ?

If so, it sheds whole new light on this incident !

Could be Villa or Scunthorpe I suppose ?

truly amazing.

How desparate are you to blame anybody but yourselves?

I actually came on here feeling a little sorry that the whole crowd had been branded for the sake of 1 (perhaps 2) idiots.

Now as I see your desparate willingness to brand all Burnley racist thugs because somebody had a non rovers scarf on I think the sympathy is wasted.

Why not check the percentage of the vote the BNP were getting in Blackburn before you start making these accusations.

It was a game between BRFC and Birmingham - some Blackburn fans allegedly racially abused a Black Birmingham player - and you want to blame Burnley - priceless

send him to burnley?

Why exactly - I don't recall we have had fans ejected for racism. Perhaps you should seriously consider how things are at your ground before you start slinging mud at ours - or perhaps it is easier for you to think of Burnley as the club of racists rather than face upto the fact you have some at your club?

What was that delightful little song you produced at Ewood when we beat you 5-0? Not 'town full of pakis' by any chance was it in response to our 'town full of dingles to you'? There are far more racists at the turd then there will ever be at ewood.

OH DEAR! here we go..your fans are more racist than ours! rolleyes.gif

It was a ROMA scarf he was wearing.

Nothing to do with Burnley, and the issue at hand here is how do we deal with OUR racist fans.

EDIT - Kick Racism out of football have issued a statement on last nights incidents, which seems to be a far more measured response than from Jims colleagues in the gutter press.

Blackburn Rovers have a very good record of tackling abuse of this kind and in reaching out to local ethnic minority communities in the area. We are confident the right action will be taken to deal with the perpetrators of last nights abuse.

send him to burnley?

What was that delightful little song you produced at Ewood when we beat you 5-0? Not 'town full of pakis' by any chance was it in response to our 'town full of dingles to you'? There are far more racists at the turd then there will ever be at ewood.

and still ..........

there may be more racists at the turf, there may not. What is the case though is that this incident was down to one set of fans only - yours.

Stop blaming others and take the blame. It seems the club were able and willing to act quickly - without pointing the finger of blame anywhere, least of all up the M65

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.