BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

I agree with a few people who have said this already. But why was Yorke booed??

He wasnt the greatest ever rovers player but was certainly not the worst.He never said anything bad about the club or the town of blackburn yet he gets treated like that.

At least he aint a JUDUS like a certain ex rover who for some reason got a clap of the pitch(im guesing because he's from blackburn people think they can relate to the guy?- despite him probably putting in less effort in that yorke ever did)

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why average players who put the effort in like Dickov are revered by the fans, but I tell you what, I bet Yorke would have made a better attempt at that last minute golden opportunity that Dickov fluffed

I guess you didnt see Yorkes miss in the last min for Brum against Everton last week then

Without Yorke we don't finish 6th 2 seasons ago. Him and Duff worked well together that season. He didn't get the goals, but he did put the work in and set up a lot of chances with his crossing. Something lacking from the team's forwards since.

And 1864, the save wasn't hard to make, was shot directly at him.

This is why average players who put the effort in like Dickov are revered by the fans, but I tell you what, I bet Yorke would have made a better attempt at that last minute golden opportunity that Dickov fluffed.

I`ll tell you why Yorke wouldn`t have done better with that attempt that Dickov had Brownie.

BECAUSE HIS LAZY ARSE WOULD NEVER HAVE GOT IN TO THAT POSITION IN THE 1ST PLACE.

I agree with a few people who have said this already. But why was Yorke booed??

He wasnt the greatest ever rovers player but was certainly not the worst.He never said anything bad about the club or the town of blackburn yet he gets treated like that.

Yorke was booed simply because he was too lazy for us.

I booed him, yes. My reason for booing him was that last season when the going got tough, Yorke wasn’t there. He rarely put effort in a Blue and White shirt. Today he got booed, don’t think it was ever a surprise to anyone that he was going to get booed.

He was on top wages at the club and looked as if he didn’t care, that’s when fans get annoyed.

On MOTD 2, that’s just been on the incident referred to Yorke was that a Blackburn fan had been ejected for giving Yorke a hand gesture, nothing to do with racism as Yorke and Bruce suggested.

At least he aint a JUDUS like a certain ex rover who for some reason got a clap of the pitch(im guesing because he's from blackburn people think they can relate to the guy?- despite him probably putting in less effort in that yorke ever did)

If you'd care to look back at Dunn's performances in the season we went up and the following year you'd see he was the driving force of the team. In total he scored 30 goals in 130 appearances which is just over 1 in 4. Pretty good for a midfielder who didn't put any effort in.

IMO Yorke never approached his time on the pitch at Ewood with the same attitude or zest that he did for Villa or Man U. His touch and skill remain but his effort on the pitch was lacking. It may have been possible to stroll around at Man U with 10 superstars behind you but at Ewood we need every player putting in 100%. Otherwise we will end up in the trouble we were for a lot of last year and most of this season. I'm pretty sure Souness drummed this into his players time and time again but when Yorke went over the line he just didn't take heed. This was happening long before Souness nobbled him in training. He also had a habbit of throwing a strop when he was substituted despite the fact he had been ineffective (away at newcastle and Southampton in recent years spring to mind). Regardless of whether he was on 10k or 60k a week players should at the very least put the effort in unless they are good enough to be carried as a luxury. Yorke wasn't and let himself down and those of us who paid his wages.

Yes I booed.

However the racist chanting (which is what we should really be bothered about IF it happened) is diabolical.

Edited by Hasta

I cant believe that no-one else has said what I am about to say, which is that i DID see the lad in the yellow shirt on the front row of the BBE making monkey gestures at Yorke. Ive since thought about it and its possible from that distance (I'm in Jack Wallker Upper) that he was making winker gestures with both hands and his arms bent, but it certainly looked like the same monkey gestures the England team faced in the week. I expected more people to confirm it but it was exciting on the pitch at the time so I doubt if many people were looking over to that corner. I'm sure the CCTV will confirm it more clearly but from what i saw that lad probably wont be coming back to Ewood again.

I thought Yorke totally deserved the booing and 'lazy bstard' chants he got but no-one can say he deserved racial harassment so lets hope the lads involved are dealt with properly so that Rovers send a clear message that we are not a racist club. Incidentally, I also think its a pity that Yorke will associate the whole crowd booing him with racism, instead of realising that it was a passionate set of fans showing that they dont appreciate lazy greedy gits fleecing their club, irrelevant of colour.

lol,

It's good to know that tomorrow our club will try to be tarnished by every national newspaper going, and when opposition fans come on here to read this thread for a sensible and rational debate on the issue they'll find nothing better than a good old fashioned member catfight.

Not that I don't find it quite amusing from the outside looking in. Maybe its just not the right place. wink.gif

Edited by Hasta

This is the link to all my recent posts

Apologies if anything wrecks anyones life.

Chris, wtf has Jordan got to do with anything? I've never, EVER made any comment relating to Jordan.

EDIT

QOUTE

(Chis on Dwight Yorke)

I think I'm probably in the majority in believing that, and he doesn't appear to give a s**t about his kid, so its not a big surprise he wouldn't give a dam about us

UNQUOTE

Back that rubbish up tosspot. Dwight Yorke is a human being. So is his son. So are you, so justify your post.

Tris, He did back up his post. He was going off what Jordan said on the Frank Skinner show. and is there any need to be insulting?

For heaven's sake will you all

CALM DOWN

The tabloid press are scum and are currently running the England - Spain game racism to death. It's this weeks news. Next week it will be some half-wit from a soap opera caught with his pants down.

So, there are couple of half-wits who racially abused DY. Well that's great news for a tabloid, which cannot accept that most people at Ewood were giving him stick for being a lazy sod.

There are bound to be a couple of racists in the crowd. One of them got ejected which ain't bad.

Edited by colin

Just watching Sky Sports News.

They were looking at tomorrow mornings back pages and unfortunately "Sickening" and "Yorke in racist row" are 2 of the headlines.

Seems like the tabloids have already made up there mind.

The tabloids were always going to jump on something like this and it looks like a couple of low-lifes have handed it to them on a plate.

However, this could be an opportunity for the club to lead the way against racism and make a firm stand. If the culprits (assuming the story is true) can be identified and severly punished then Blackburn can claim to have a zero-tolerance against this sort of behaviour and lead the way for other clubs to follow.

. The arrogant sod shouldn't have chosen that area to warm up in

Wasn't you perchance ?

With out wanting to stir to much Jim, the rest of your comments are fine - but please, act your age. Just uncalled for.

Moving on, very sad to see some idiots bringing our club down. i hope they get exactly what they deserve, if it turns out to be truthful.

Rich.

Edited by Rich

It's a bit heated here, Brownie I respect your opinion but here is mine. Dwight Yorke took our club and it's fans for a ride. More often than not when ever he stepped on the field he was taking the ######. He was lazy and really did not give a toss. Oh yes he banged in a few goals but whos to say young Stead would not have if he'd been in Yorkes shoes at the time. For the most part both him and Cole leeched off our club, making decent paydays from past glories.

Luckily for us they were better when seperated on the pitch because the times when they played together they were abysmal and a disgrace to the shirt.

Whoever insulted Yorke will be pleased to know his picture is on the back page of the Sun tomorrow together with 144pt headlines.

Interesting test of John Williams today (Monday) to see if he deals with this incident quickly and decisively. Like he did with Tony Parkes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.