BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

He looked well pis*ed off when he came on. He appeared to be telling Steve Bruce what had happened.

Just looking ahead, if proved what are the possible implications for the club- we would be hit hard if proved to be correct.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked well pis*ed off when he came on. He appeared to be telling Steve Bruce what had happened.

Just looking ahead, if proved what are the possible implications for the club- we would be hit hard if proved to be correct.

I would think it is unlikely to lead to any serious action against the club. Two idiots is not the same as 30,000 Spaniards constantly doing it for 90 mins.

Add to the fact that one of those who was alledgedly involved was ejected, shows the club tried to tackle the issue as it happened.

Steve Bruce by trying to draw parallels to the mid week international is either trying to divert attention away from their performance, or is slightly mad.

I would think it is unlikely to lead to any serious action against the club. Two idiots is not the same as 30,000 Spaniards constantly doing it for 90 mins.

Add to the fact that one of those who was alledgedly involved was ejected, shows the club tried to tackle the issue as it happened.

Steve Bruce by trying to draw parallels to the mid week international is either trying to divert attention away from their performance, or is slightly mad.

You've got to think how the tabloids are going to react to this. If anything, this has happened at the "perfect time" for the media because now they've got a good old story to completely blow out of proportion - nobody knows exactly what happened yet, so in the papers tomorrow all rovers fans are going to be branded neandrathal members of combat 18 because DY makes these claims. So much for the family club tag mad.gif

.  If people are sad enough to boo him then fine but anything more is well out of order and indefensible to me.

WHY NOT BOO HIM ?WHAT WOULD YOU DO CLAP HIM AND CHANT HIS Name?

So if I don't boo him then I have to stand and clap him do I? Not sure of your logic really but do the capitals make your point more valid.

Talking out of your derriere as usual.

Yorke should be able to warm up anywhere he likes without some moron making monkey noises at him.

Wasn't you perchance ?

No it wasn't me - I don't get involved in that sort of juvenile stuff.

It certainly wouldn't have been you because you would have been sat at home infront of the TV.

I wondered how long it would take you to respond - and you know what I mean smart arse.

Back the Rovers fans instead of trying to court sensationalism.

It goes without saying that if anyone has made racist comments it is deplorable.

yep

it was apparently the fastest Yorke has moved in 3 yrs ! laugh.gif

There was NO monkey chanting JIM

There were 2 fans berating him for being LAZY

1 got ejected for giving him a "winker" gesture

t'other got a warning for standing up

and what a cocophony of noise when he entered the fray. If only we could have that amount of noise for say 75 minutes or so wink.gif

Yorke is jumping on the bandwagon as he has nothing else to do judging by his lack of performance on the pitch when he got on. He is simply disguising the fact that he just is not good enough for premiership football and couldnt even get a place up front when heskey and forsell are injured and couldnt even oust a half fit dunn.

Says it all really.

What gets me is what Yorke has done wrong to warrant such abuse anyway !

OK, he wasn't an unqualified success as a Rover but I don't believe for a minute that was all his fault.

His goalscoring ratio was equal to Andy Cole's which isn't bad considering he was the deepest lieing of the two strikers with Cole as the man with the job to find the back of the net.

It's the easiest most ignornant comment to make about a player that he is lazy, basically this is always labelled at centre forwards which should tell the braindeads something about football.

As for the pr1cks abusing him whilst he was warming up, I hope to God they are banned for life and good on Yorke for jumping over the advertising boards to confront the idiot.

Why shouldn't he warm up where he wants ?

It's the first time I've ever considered writing to an opposition player to apologise for the actions of my fellow fans.

Yorke has grown in my estimation no end today, the d1ckheads in the BB end should hang their heads in shame, the ignorant prats.

Edited by Brownie

Well, this is all very interesting. I watched the game on TV so I can not be accurate but the crowd was coming through quite clearly. Lot's of booing but I did not hear monkey noises. None of the commentators made any mention of it either so if it was there surely it was only a small number. Nothing wrong with the booing given the link between Dwight and our club.

Hopefully there was no racist stuff but I don't know for sure, if there was it's too bad. I would have booed him too had I been there given his poor showing for us during his time here.

My biggest worry actually was with all that booing I thought for sure the lazy SOB is going to rub it in our face and get the winning goal.

Yet again jim shines through, he has hold of something negative toward the club and it must be true, even though there are mixed reports of what actually happened. Good on you jim, jim could you like, just go support Stanley or something?.

.  If people are sad enough to boo him then fine but anything more is well out of order and indefensible to me.

So if I don't boo him then I have to stand and clap him do I? Not sure of your logic really but do the capitals make your point more valid.

didnt mean caps sorry thumbs-up.gif

bit harsh brownie tarnishing 30% of the ewood crowd because of 2 nobs aint it ?

blink.gif

The booing I can live with, though I don't agree with.

If we're gonna boo the greatest centre forward the club has ever or will have(AS) then we are going to boo virtually every former player (DY included).

I was sat very close to the hand gestures and the face to face confrontation and it was an embarrassement.

Ban the prats for life, they deserve it.

didnt mean caps sorry thumbs-up.gif

Fair enough. I'm not wanting to have a go and I am quite sure it would have been a couple of idiots if at all. I didn't hear anything because it wasn't chanting. I'd be surprised though if Yorke would make such a fuss over a few winker signs. He's seen much worse and usually respsonds with his trademark grin.

Agree completely with Brownie about my surprise over the level of the booing. For a player who has not come out with anything negative since he left it was very harsh. Shame it's all detracted from the game really, quite annoyed to see it take headline news on SSN instead of the game itself.

Abhorent as racism is, there ought to be a degree of "innocent until proved guilty" in this case, and we certainly shouldn't be lynching anyone on the basis of comments passed by the opposition manager or a player whose relationship with the fans was strained even when he played for Rovers. The accusation of racism is a very easy stick to beat fans with at the moment, and Bruce was very quick to pick it up in this instance.

I wasn't at the match today as I am working nights this week, so can't comment with certainty either way, but if there was racism involved, then the matter should be investigated by the club in conjunction with the police, and action should be taken accordingly. The club have already acted to eject one fan (although whether it was for racism or the making of "offensive gestures" seems to be in dispute), and given the harsh glare of bad publicity that Bruce is doing his level best to stir up, I have no doubt that the matter will be looked into thoroughly.

Yes, two instances of racism from Rovers fans would be two too many, but the fact that this "news" item is top of the sporting headlines on the BBC website (and doubtless splashed accross the back pages of every paper tomorrow), shows how blown out of proportion this issue has become. In the rush to claim the moral highground following the England - Spain match, any sense of perspective seems to have been left a long way behind.

He was a lazy striker who quite simply didnt do the business. This wasn't because he didn't have potential - look at what he did at both Villa and United but because he was a big headed so and so who used us for a free meal ticket. I suppose I would be accurate in saying he was on 60k a week and with his work ethic and attitude which quite clearly that he didnt give a toss about the club. It takes the average football fan three years to earn what he makes in a week and he's stood there with that big bloody smile every time he squanders a chance, cant be bothered chasing the ball down or lost the ball etc.... tinykit.gifmad.giftinykit.gif See what I'm getting at?

It was me gov.

I like a bit of banter....

And I've also always like the joie de vie that Dwight exudes.

Black humour - I think not....

Seriously I despise what went on in Spain and was shouting at the England players to leave the pitch.

I do not know what happened to Yorke but I heard nothing.

If some evil little working class scumbler went over the top then that is bad.....

.......But on a par with some wankler cutting you up in traffic....

Making a meal of it?? Like some other dubious posters hereabouts??

No-one else here ever been a subject of abuse??

I AM OFFENDED BY THE RACIAL SLURRING FROM A MULTI MILLIONAIRE PLAYBOY AND I CARE NOTHING FOR THE COLOUR OF HIS UNDERPANTS....

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

He was a lazy striker who quite simply didnt do the business. This wasn't because he didn't have potential - look at what he did at both Villa and United but because he was a big headed so and so who used us for a free meal ticket. I suppose I would be accurate in saying he was on 60k a week and with his work ethic and attitude which quite clearly that he didnt give a toss about the club. It takes the average football fan three years to earn what he makes in a week and he's stood there with that big bloody smile every time he squanders a chance, cant be bothered chasing the ball down or lost the ball etc.... tinykit.gifmad.giftinykit.gif See what I'm getting at?

What a load of bilge.

He actually got paid a relatively small basic wage with generous bonuses for goals and wins etc

Not even worthy of a serious response.

He was a lazy striker who quite simply didnt do the business.  This wasn't because he didn't have potential - look at what he did at both Villa and United but because he was a big headed so and so who used us for a free meal ticket.  I suppose I would be accurate in saying he was on 60k a week and with his work ethic and attitude which quite clearly that he didnt give a toss about the club.  It takes the average football fan three years to earn what he makes in a week and he's stood there with that big bloody smile every time he squanders a chance, cant be bothered chasing the ball down or lost the ball etc....  tinykit.gif  mad.gif  tinykit.gif  See what I'm getting at?

What a load of bilge.

He actually got paid a relatively small basic wage with generous bonuses for goals and wins etc

Not even worthy of a .

well obviously it was worthy of a serious response, in fact its fairly obvious about 15,000 people felt the same way with the boo's, and he did have a poor attitude and was lazy, and didn't give a Sh!t IMO

If he was racially abused then he has the right to be p**sed off and the abusers should be kicked out but don't condemn a whole crowd for the actions (alleged) of 2 people. The BBC site has this as the main Sports headline yet how can it be such big news, even with the Spain carry on in the week. Its a joke.

rover.gif Wife an I were sat about 18 rows behind the so called incident. I didnt even know anything was happening, but the wife spotted it, obviously she didnt hear what was said, but she saw Yorke run over have words then walk away giving the 2 lads the middle finger. If it is true the Rovers fan was ejected for a hand sign, why wasnt Yorke ejected for givin the finger !!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of Asian stewards were very close to the incident. May be very interesting what they heard.

He was a lazy striker who quite simply didnt do the business.  This wasn't because he didn't have potential - look at what he did at both Villa and United but because he was a big headed so and so who used us for a free meal ticket.  I suppose I would be accurate in saying he was on 60k a week and with his work ethic and attitude which quite clearly that he didnt give a toss about the club.  It takes the average football fan three years to earn what he makes in a week and he's stood there with that big bloody smile every time he squanders a chance, cant be bothered chasing the ball down or lost the ball etc....  tinykit.gif  mad.gif  tinykit.gif  See what I'm getting at?

What a load of bilge.

Not even worthy of a .

well obviously it was worthy of a serious response, in fact its fairly obvious about 15,000 people felt the same way with the boo's, and he did have a poor attitude and was lazy, and didn't give a Sh!t IMO

Sheep, one boos they all boo because they think they are supposed to.

How do you know he didn't give a sh1t ?, because he smiled like he has done throughout his carreer ?

Flair players always get abuse about effort etc.

This is why average players who put the effort in like Dickov are revered by the fans, but I tell you what, I bet Yorke would have made a better attempt at that last minute golden opportunity that Dickov fluffed.

to quote you brownie absolute bilge !

I will tell you this Yorke would have gotten nowhere near the ball as he would never have put enough effort in to warrant being on the pitch in a blue and white shirt.

You have to give the keeper some credit as he pulled of a marvellous save, wathc motd on bb2 later on.

dry.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.