BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

Where was the public outcry last season when Tugay was abused at Leeds and at Leicester? Or is abusing someone for being Turkish not racial abuse?

That said I have just seen the pictures on SSN and the one idiot that made monkey gestures towards Yorke should, imo, definately be banned for life - he has tarnished the image of all Rovers fans and I just can't find any sympathy or forgiveness for him. Shouldn't be too hard to identify him anyway, his face is all over the media and it looks as if he was the guy that was ejected by the police. Throw the book at him and then lets move on - case closed!

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line...TV evidence shows a rovers fan WAS racist. Therefore as a club we should and will be punished.

Diasagree. If we appear not to take any action against the guy responsible then fair enough we should be punished. However, the idiot was ejected from the ground and will most probably be banned for life from all grounds not just Ewood, so I would like to see the FA commend the club for their stand against racism, rather than punish us.

If we're going to be punished then numerous other clubs, who have had more serious crowd problems imo, like West Ham fans throwing coins, Millwall and Liverpool fans nearly causing a riot etc, all need to be punished as well.

Edited by DaveyB

What I am appalled at is Dennis Wise gets life threatening missiles thrown at him and Yorke gets 0.01% of the Ewood crowd racially abusing him.

Who gets the coverage? Yorke of course!

doint want to be pedantic but its 0.001 Stella

What school did you go to Doggy?

I don't want to be pedantic but........

1% of 20,000 = 200

0.1% of 20,000 = 20

0.01% of 20,000 = 2

Apparently he helped get us a trophy!!!

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor..._178017,00.html

Quite a few sources are claiming that, I can only assume it's on one of the Press Association articles (can anyone with access to the PA news feed confirm this ? Or are lots of individual journos making the same mistake ?).

Quite a few sources are claiming that, I can only assume it's on one of the Press Association articles (can anyone with access to the PA news feed confirm this ? Or are lots of individual journos making the same mistake ?).

Well he did help us win a trophy didn't he? By not signing for us until the following season.

I heard Steve Bruce say this last night in a post match interview, so the journos are just repeating the innaccuracy

What I am appalled at is Dennis Wise gets life threatening missiles thrown at him and Yorke gets 0.01% of the Ewood crowd racially abusing him.

Who gets the coverage? Yorke of course!

doint want to be pedantic but its 0.001 Stella

2/20,000 * 100 = 0.01%

To check: 20,000 * 0.01/100 = 2

Detention for you Theno

Sky news [as opposed to Sky sports news] is being very naughty about this incident.

The camera's point to the Blackburn end and the commentator says "however, there's no need for racist abuse like this". The commentary is suspended and the crowd noise amplified to enhance the "one lazy @#/?" chant.

Now that's completely out of order.

David O'Sullivan is saying that it's been blown up out of all proportion. He reckons yorke could have warmed up at the other end of the ground.

it's the guy with the jacket on and what looks like a Burnley scarf round his neck, certainly not a Rovers scarf,

With respect,Please,PLEASE,PLEASE.....STOP AND THINK BEFORE YOU BRING THE NAME OF ANY OTHER FOOTBALL CLUB INTO THIS MATTER FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

....Who wants to bet against a Dwight Yorke book coming out within the next year? Probably titled "Me, Jordan & the racists"....or something like that. dry.gif

Nothing like a bit of publicity to sell a book.

As for Steve Bruce, there`s nothing like a good "off-field story" to deflect the attention away from his team losing a 3-1 lead.....is there?

That`s why i feel he`s making such a song & dance about it.

....................................................................................................................

BTW....I`m all for Boo-ing players who the fans feel did not give their all for the club, but racism shouldn`t be tolerated.

Edited by cletus

The lad who is in the picture has a roma scarf around his neck and he was stood near to us at half time. He talked with a much different accent and he was drunk, he was only about 17 or 18 and obviously couldnt handle his beer.

Ah yes, he gave me some grief - or tried to, then hios mates apologised and dragged him off!

Is it my age or my eyes?

The "racist" in question looks like he was giving Yorke a double w*nker gesture.

Then Yorke's interpretation of it looks more like a chicken!

Then other fans joined in by telling Yorke to clumsy, hit shift + 8 again!! off as he was being led away by the steward.

Did anybody HEAR any racist comments?

frankly, i'm really worried the club will be made scapegoat, and receive a hefty punishment to set an example, especially in the light of all the racist incidents recently. i just hope they do not deduct any of our already meagre points. sad.gif

and to the idiot(s) who did it, hope u rot in hell, especially if this costs us points mad.gif

A Roma scarf?

Those peaceable, law abiding, never an abusive peep out of them, cigarette lighter chucking tifosi down at the Stadio Olympico?

Will be interesting to see what address this guy gives if it is ever released for public consumption.

As for him being a drunk teenager, I cannot express any surprise.

David O'Sullivan is saying that it's been blown up out of all proportion. He reckons yorke could have warmed up at the other end of the ground.

Players have to warm up behind an official, it just happens that for the first time in ages, the linesman was on the Blackburn End side of the ground.

I`m sure Jim mk2 will be calling for the next home game to be played behind closed doors, as he seems to want to ban everyone anyway! wink.gif

(only kidding Jim) laugh.giflaugh.gif

God, did you see the two of them? The 'main offender' had that bloody smug "I'm a big man at the football" look on his face. Pair of ###### chavs.

Still, I'm not sure how Yorke construed "winker" as being racism. Useless sod. Steve Bruce is a disgrace talking this up before he's even seen the incident; he's somehow succeeded in going further down in my estimation.

As I said earlier I had a bit of a run in with him just before the half time whistle - he was stood just behind the beer bar in the concourse waitinf ro his mates to come back from the bar - he started chanting something along the lines of "lets go f****** mental" as the third birmingham goal went in.

He got some greif from half a dozen people and he started gobbing aff about supporting the team before being removed by his mates who apologised for his actions.

Well mate, if you are reading this - some supporter you turned out to be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.